RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fever @ Storm - 5/22/24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/22/24 9:52 am    ::: Fever @ Storm - 5/22/24 Reply Reply with quote

Seattle, WA - 10:00 PM ET
TV: FOX 13+, WTHR Channel 13, (Amazon Prime Video - Seattle)

Video stream:
https://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Fever-at-Seattle-Storm/dp/B0CWP2G9L7/

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/256509

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/1022400020/IND-vs-SEA

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 05/22/24 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Muhl will be able to play

PostPosted: 05/22/24 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ogwumike back.

Kristy Wallace starting instead of Katie Lou Samuelson. Wallace got 25 minutes last game and was in down the stretch versus 15 minutes for Samuelson. But maybe Samuelson is injured.

Last edited by tfan on 05/22/24 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/22/24 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hate League Pass.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 05/22/24 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two ties and four lead changes by the first commercial break.

Now starting to slip away from Indiana as Seattle leads 25 to 16 at the end of the first as Dick Fain starts to rev up.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/boxscore/_/gameId/401620237

44 to 40 at the end of the half. Loyd has 21.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/22/24 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I hate League Pass.

It's not League Pass' fault - it's all the daggone regional and national licenses that restrict showing live games.

I can't watch on Prime Video, either: UNAVAILABLE DUE TO REGIONAL RESTRICTIONS - same message I got last year when the Sky played in Seattle.

League Pass edits out the commercials, and you can speed up/slow down/rewind the recording. I'd probably fall asleep anyway if I were watching live - long day!

Last edited by ChiSky54 on 05/22/24 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
craigmont

PostPosted: 05/22/24 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm at the game. Neither team looks what I would call "good."

The Fever should just keep feeding NaLyssa Smith deep. We can't stop her.

The Storm don't have plays if we don't get something quick. Jewell playground ball is working today though. It's nice to have Nneka back.

norwester

PostPosted: 05/22/24 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
I'm at the game. Neither team looks what I would call "good."

The Fever should just keep feeding NaLyssa Smith deep. We can't stop her.

The Storm don't have plays if we don't get something quick. Jewell playground ball is working today though. It's nice to have Nneka back.

Agreed. Hopefully having more time to practice will help our half court offense develop. I am liking the willingness to move the ball a little crisper at times. And love having Nneka back. And seeing some of Jewel’s stuff fall. Oh, and I’m also happy that we seem a little bit more willing to shoot a 3

PostPosted: 05/22/24 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lexi Hull missed a layup. She is supposed to be a good defender, but as a career 32.8% (21% from three) shooter you better have 3 or 4 shooters on the floor with her.

Boston has played less than Fagbenle this game 14 min to 24 min.

Clark causes another attendance record, this time in Seattle.

Clark with a turnover but Seattle can't capitalize.

norwester

PostPosted: 05/22/24 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I keep wanting to call Skylar Stacy Dales-Schuman. Why is my brain like this? Laughing Embarassed

PostPosted: 05/22/24 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana couldn't get the ball in for a game winning shot. Clark got her hands on a pass and fell down. Ultimately a jump ball. Boston won the jump and tried to tip it to Alyssa Smith (nice to see a WNBA player tip it towards a teammate) but Ogwumike stepped in as Smith appeared to be moving away towards the basket. The better tip would have been between Clark and Wallace on the right side.

Clark seemed to be stymied by Sammi Whitcomb defending her.

norwester wrote:
I keep wanting to call Skylar Stacy Dales-Schuman. Why is my brain like this? Laughing Embarassed

I used to see SDS and think Stacey Dales-Schuman.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/22/24 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
I hate League Pass.

It's not League Pass' fault - it's all the daggone regional and national licenses that restrict showing live games.

I can't watch on Prime Video, either: UNAVAILABLE DUE TO REGIONAL RESTRICTIONS - same message I got last year when the Sky played in Seattle.

League Pass edits out the commercials, and you can speed up/slow down/rewind the recording. I'd probably fall asleep anyway if I were watching live - long day!

Thanks, but my issue was with LP. I was in it earlier and it usually keeps me logged in. When I tried to get in tonight for the game, it said that I needed to sign in. When I tried, it told me that I was using the wrong user name or password. I looked it up and that was what I have recorded. I brought up LP on the computer and it brought my account right up.

I went back to the TV and tried to reset my password. I never got the email.

I was able to watch the game, OTA, but I don't want to rely on that. There was a game the other day that I couldn't get due to restrictions, I can't remember which one. I was able to see that game on Prime.

After the game, I got right in to LP.

When I try to watch a game on ESPN it tells me that I have to have a LP subscription. I can find where to sign up, but I can never find where to login. It just seems that LP keeps being the center of all of my troubles watching games.

Oh well. I saw the game and I have hope that Indiana will eventually win!!!!!!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/22/24 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really bad play call with 11 seconds to play and down 2..

boogiezen

PostPosted: 05/23/24 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People harping about Clark's defense but she's actually holding really well, in this game in particular.

Anyway, another closed game lost for the Fever. The same thing happened like last year. Laughing

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
norwester

PostPosted: 05/23/24 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever gave us a run for our money. Maybe could have stayed in it without some foul trouble with their bigs, since I felt their rotation there was often quite effective against us. Boston in particular was impressive to see in person.

Clark had a hard time early, but I liked her body language. She’s clearly learning and didn’t hang her head and I think was top scorer for Indiana. I agree that her defense was decent. That fall at the end was just one of those things. I hope some of these new fans stick around to be fans of the Storm (or other teams). We had a sell out, but the fans felt kind of passive? Or maybe that was just Climate Pledge Arena. I’m still trying to get used to it and it’s not as intimate and on top of the action as the old Key Arena was. They did finally kind of get into it at the end.

Nice to see Muhl get some playing time finally.

PostPosted: 05/23/24 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Muhl's game fits included a t-shirt with an image of her approved visa. Laughing

RavenDog wrote:
Really bad play call with 11 seconds to play and down 2..

Really bad play call with 12 second left and up by 3. Way too much time to give them 2 free throws, especially with how quickly they fouled Loyd on the previous possession. Was Quinn really that scared of Clark?

tfan

PostPosted: 05/23/24 1:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oyh_2WIAImo?si=oa4b_LCdzUw5K5MF" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by tfan on 05/23/24 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 05/23/24 1:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="453" height="806" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qQER5UGtsL4" title="Caitlin Clark gets a superstar no-call" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="453" height="806" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h4rjeeGznt8" title="Nika Muhl Gets STANDING OVATION, FINALLY Checks In For 1st Time In WNBA Debut | Seattle Storm" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/23/24 3:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, glad to see things are picking up for Indy - just not sure if Sides is the right coach for such a time as this. I mean...she was Pokey's assistant for all those years, so how much could she have learned? Wink

tfan wrote:
norwester wrote:

I used to see SDS and think Stacey Dales-Schuman.

This Boomer sees SDS and thinks Students for a Democratic Society! Laughing

Springfield is my state capital, and I've lived in Chicagoland since 1973. But my brain still sometimes defaults to Springfield, MA - a place I've never been! Born in Baltimore, left in 1972. Go figure! Razz

PostPosted: 05/23/24 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aliyah Boston was -18 in 15 minutes. She ended with 4 fouls but I think she mostly sat as a coach's choice for Fagbenle. Have heard multiple YouTubers say that they think Boston is not in game shape.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: