RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Golden State 2025
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/09/23 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Golden State Chasers? Claim it's after the building they'll be playing in, but quietly get JPMorgan to throw in a few million for the privilege.

PostPosted: 10/09/23 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Golden State Chasers? Claim it's after the building they'll be playing in, but quietly get JPMorgan to throw in a few million for the privilege.

Only if they also sponsor a competitive quiz team.

PostPosted: 10/09/23 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Only if they gat a development team full of overweight players.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/09/23 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I almost feel like it would be better to go with San Francisco Gold. Vague and can be a collective noun?

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/12/23 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Golden State Gold Rush. Fits perfectly with the 49'ers. Or do people even know what the 49'ers mean any more.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/12/23 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I say Golden State Rush and get the poppers brand to be the jersey sponsor!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/12/23 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
I say Golden State Rush and get the poppers brand to be the jersey sponsor!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

You win!

Howee

PostPosted: 10/12/23 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Golden State Gold Rush. Fits perfectly with the 49'ers. Or do people even know what the 49'ers mean any more.

Well, they OUGHTTA .... but the poppers are what they'll think of first. Razz

PostPosted: 10/13/23 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmvcity wrote:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/38572580/wnba-announces-bay-area-expansion-team-begin-play-2025?platform=amp

“As such, Lacob said, the new franchise is likely to be known as "Golden State" to reflect a fan base across the entire Bay Area. However, internal discussions will continue over the next few months on whether it will be called the Warriors or by another name, as well as around uniforms and logos.”

Why is it even a question of whether or not they’d keep the team name Warriors?

Differentiation of teams? Although they are under the same umbrella, wouldn't it be better to distinguish between them? You order a jersey number 30 but its from the W team, it could get confusing but I suppose you could have a men's team/women's team button.
hyperetic

PostPosted: 10/13/23 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whelp, Amazons is already taken. Warrioresses, is too derivative and cringy. Warrior Queens?
hyperetic

PostPosted: 10/13/23 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Golden State Warrior Queens - get the best drag queens for halftime shows. They can base their logo on the Warrior Queen movie set in the king/queendom of Dahomey.

Well, I offered Warrior Queens also but as a more direct connection to the Warriors.
scullyfu

PostPosted: 10/13/23 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the final time, I’m suggesting the GoldenState Quakes. The State, in general, & the Bay Area, in particular, are known for earthquakes. The name would harken back to the history of the state, & put the team on a track to ‘shake’ things up. Smile

PostPosted: 10/13/23 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
For the final time, I’m suggesting the GoldenState Quakes. The State, in general, & the Bay Area, in particular, are known for earthquakes. The name would harken back to the history of the state, & put the team on a track to ‘shake’ things up. Smile

The San Jose men's soccer team is called the Earthquakes. That might be an issue since they are similar.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/13/23 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

The San Jose men's soccer team is called the Earthquakes. That might be an issue since they are similar.

Remember how pissy the men’s minor league baseball team got about the Aces?

How about the Golden State Tremors?

hyperetic

PostPosted: 10/13/23 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:

I guess natural disasters are fair game. Depending on how the potential fans felt about the earthquakes they experienced may cause them not to like that name I would think but not everybody thinks like I do.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/17/23 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Golden State Warrior Queens - get the best drag queens for halftime shows. They can base their logo on the Warrior Queen movie set in the king/queendom of Dahomey.

Well, I offered Warrior Queens also but as a more direct connection to the Warriors.

I get that. I'm happy to have another vote for Warrior Queens!

~rAf
Howee

PostPosted: 10/17/23 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

I get that. I'm happy to have another vote for Warrior Queens!

Well now, HERE'S a Gorgeous Mascot for that idea!

PostPosted: 10/26/23 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's early, considering this team won't play until 2025, but any early, obvious coaching candidates that fit Lacob's style and has ties/connection to the Bay or the W?

Jennifer Azzi from her San Jose Laser days?

pilight

PostPosted: 10/26/23 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Assuming he doesn't want Angela Beck again I would expect all the usual suspects to be up for the job. I'd say Lacob might be the one to bring Brian Agler back, but it's doubtful Agler would be interested in an expansion team.

PostPosted: 10/26/23 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Assuming he doesn't want Angela Beck again I would expect all the usual suspects to be up for the job. I'd say Lacob might be the one to bring Brian Agler back, but it's doubtful Agler would be interested in an expansion team.

The way Lacob is talking we need to consider him poaching from the college ranks. 1 million for becky and you see the results i expect them to follow .....

PostPosted: 10/26/23 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

The way Lacob is talking we need to consider him poaching from the college ranks. 1 million for becky and you see the results i expect them to follow .....

I could see that. I wonder who though. Maybe Adia Barnes or Kelly Graves will have another tough year with outgoing transfers and decide to trade in the year round college job for the WNBA. I'm sure Kate Paye is going to hold out for the Stanford job, but having played in the ABL, I wonder if her name is up there.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/26/23 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How’s Nikki Collen doing at Baylor? I kind of assumed she’d follow a Steph White trajectory. Leverage an incredible year in the W for a college gig, underwhelm in college and head back to the W.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/26/23 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As to names, from living in San Jose I recall Bay Area radio stations KBAY, KFOG and KOIT (for Coit Tower).

Of the team names suggested so far, I like the Golden State Rush. It connotes NorCal's golden history and has a dynamically sibilant sound.
CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 03/10/24 12:12 pm    ::: Bay Area WNBA team president seizes the moment Reply Reply with quote

Here's a gift link to SF Chronicle story: https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/annkillion/article/bay-area-wnba-team-prez-seizes-moment-18709982.php?utm_source=marketing&utm_medium=copy-url-link&utm_campaign=article-share&hash=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuc2ZjaHJvbmljbGUuY29tL3Nwb3J0cy9hbm5raWxsaW9uL2FydGljbGUvYmF5LWFyZWEtd25iYS10ZWFtLXByZXotc2VpemVzLW1vbWVudC0xODcwOTk4Mi5waHA%3D&time=MTcxMDA5MDU4NTU5MA%3D%3D&rid=MDAyMjUwYmQtNGY5Ni00OWJkLThkODgtYTNiMDBlNTNkMWI2&sharecount=Ng%3D%3D
Quote:
The first few weeks on the job have been a whirlwind for Jess Smith, the president — and so far lone employee — of the Bay Area’s expansion WNBA team.

But one moment in particular stands out.

That came at the NBA All-Star Weekend when Smith sat courtside for the Stephen Curry-Sabrina Ionescu 3-point battle, a dramatic showcase for the synergy between the WNBA and the NBA.

“You can’t ask for a better example to educate people as to how we want this to feel,” Smith said. “They’re both powerful. They’re both stars on their own. Yet, there’s an alliance there, a respect. That’s how I want our fandom to feel.

“We’re in position to harness the power of the Warriors, but also build something uniquely our own.”

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/10/24 3:01 pm    ::: Re: Bay Area WNBA team president seizes the moment Reply Reply with quote

CalwbbFan wrote:
Here's a gift link to SF Chronicle story: https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/annkillion/article/bay-area-wnba-team-prez-seizes-moment-18709982.php?utm_source=marketing&utm_medium=copy-url-link&utm_campaign=article-share&hash=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuc2ZjaHJvbmljbGUuY29tL3Nwb3J0cy9hbm5raWxsaW9uL2FydGljbGUvYmF5LWFyZWEtd25iYS10ZWFtLXByZXotc2VpemVzLW1vbWVudC0xODcwOTk4Mi5waHA%3D&time=MTcxMDA5MDU4NTU5MA%3D%3D&rid=MDAyMjUwYmQtNGY5Ni00OWJkLThkODgtYTNiMDBlNTNkMWI2&sharecount=Ng%3D%3D
Quote:
The first few weeks on the job have been a whirlwind for Jess Smith, the president — and so far lone employee — of the Bay Area’s expansion WNBA team.

But one moment in particular stands out.

That came at the NBA All-Star Weekend when Smith sat courtside for the Stephen Curry-Sabrina Ionescu 3-point battle, a dramatic showcase for the synergy between the WNBA and the NBA.

“You can’t ask for a better example to educate people as to how we want this to feel,” Smith said. “They’re both powerful. They’re both stars on their own. Yet, there’s an alliance there, a respect. That’s how I want our fandom to feel.

“We’re in position to harness the power of the Warriors, but also build something uniquely our own.”

Overall Ionescu will play in Golden State before her career ends .

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: