RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2024
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 09/29/23 10:36 pm    ::: Dallas Wings 2024 Reply Reply with quote

Remarkable season, developed a lot of chemistry and got valuable experience in the playoffs. They still have areas to fill and to get better at to take it to the next level though. Who should they add or trade for? So many possibilities.. Cool

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/29/23 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral be on it, don't they? Just stay holding the mouse hovering over the "Submit" button, ready to hammer that shit the second the season ends.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
zune69

PostPosted: 09/30/23 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas does not have the cap space to sign Sabally with Arike/Howard/McCowan making a combined 672k next season...Someone will have to get traded...I think that someone is McCowan.

* Awak is ready to make the jump......You can start her or bring her off the

Dallas has the 5th & 9th picks in the 2024 draft...plus multiple young players on their roster...Dallas has a lot of options.

adamj95

PostPosted: 09/30/23 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Id love McCowan for the Lynx.

PostPosted: 09/30/23 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Admiral be on it, don't they? Just stay holding the mouse hovering over the "Submit" button, ready to hammer that shit the second the season ends.

Man's gotta earn his keep around here somehow, and believe me there are *far* worse ways.

PostPosted: 09/30/23 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Dallas does not have the cap space to sign Sabally with Arike/Howard/McCowan making a combined 672k next season

My full offseason guide will be out Monday, but that's just wrong.

PostPosted: 09/30/23 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Dallas does not have the cap space to sign Sabally with Arike/Howard/McCowan making a combined 672k next season

What's wrong?...The 672k or that Dallas can't fit Sabally under the cap?

Even if Dallas can fit Sabally under the cap I'd still consider trading McCowan.....A pg like Cloud could put Dallas over the top....Dallas has plenty of bigs

G- Cloud
G- Arike
C- Awak
F- Howard
F- Sabally

Shades

PostPosted: 09/30/23 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:

What's wrong?...The 672k or that Dallas can't fit Sabally under the cap?

It might pain you to hear this, but they’ll be losing Diamond DeShields’ mid-level salary. That will be more than enough to pay Sabally that 208k salary level. Other than that, Dallas has the benefit of all that young draft talent that works for cheap.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/30/23 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She fits. She'd even fit on the supermax, but won't get that due to other rules. They are in danger of having to finally go to an 11-player roster, though. Which would complicate their roster crunch with all the young players and draft picks even more.

PostPosted: 09/30/23 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

It might pain you to hear this, but they’ll be losing Diamond DeShields’ mid-level salary. That will be more than enough to pay Sabally that 208k salary level. Other than that, Dallas has the benefit of all that young draft talent that works for cheap.

208k?..... I was thinking another team would offer Sabally a near-max deal.......As for Diamond. I don't think any team should offer her more than 100k...She's too injury-prone to guarantee a substantial salary....I'd offer DD a 1-year deal and tell her to prove herself.

Richyyy wrote:
She fits. She'd even fit on the supermax, but won't get that due to other rules. They are in danger of having to finally go to an 11-player roster, though. Which would complicate their roster crunch with all the young players and draft picks even more.

Okay, thanks......I'd still consider moving McCowan to open up cap space for Cloud or trade her for a young guard/wing...Awak/Brown can fill McCowan's role.

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 09/30/23 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems safe to say Sabally will get maxed and Dallas is going to look to progress with their core group. I think it’s likely they will try and keep Kalani if they can but she may end up out of their price range if someone like Atlanta sees value in offering her the money.

Based upon the Aces series it seems they will need to focus on a guard enhancement preferably of the point persuasion.

PostPosted: 09/30/23 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
It seems safe to say Sabally will get maxed and Dallas is going to look to progress with their core group. I think it’s likely they will try and keep Kalani if they can but she may end up out of their price range if someone like Atlanta sees value in offering her the money.

Based upon the Aces series it seems they will need to focus on a guard enhancement preferably of the point persuasion.

Yep, PG is the main issue.... I've been saying. Would get rid of the Dangerfield. Not totally sold on Burton but maybe if they get a senior PG she can learn from them. Too bad they are so far and few in the W and Dallas rep precedes it. Would be great if Sky came back.

Would be beyond dumb to not offer Sabally max or give her whatever she asks for

PostPosted: 09/30/23 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Man's gotta earn his keep around here somehow, and believe me there are *far* worse ways.
😆🤣😂

PostPosted: 09/30/23 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sabally is not going anywhere. Dallas management knows her value and will keep her. Several of the bench players will probably lose their jobs if they keep all their first round picks.

PostPosted: 10/01/23 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Sabally is not going anywhere. Dallas management knows her value and will keep her. Several of the bench players will probably lose their jobs if they keep all their first round picks.

Deshields - Gone
Lonny - Hopefully returns
LLS - Chopping block
Maddy - Sticks for year 2
Burton - Can Go
Dangerfield - Can Go soley bc she hurts our defense more than she helps our offense.
Sims - Try and resign for cheap rather have her as starting PG if we crap out on cloud or a top College prospect .
AK - Stays
Sabally - Stays
McCowan - Stays
Arike - Stays
Howard - 50/50

PostPosted: 10/02/23 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:

208k?..... I was thinking another team would offer Sabally a near-max deal.......As for Diamond. I don't think any team should offer her more than 100k...She's too injury-prone to guarantee a substantial salary....I'd offer DD a 1-year deal and tell her to prove herself.

Richyyy wrote:

Okay, thanks......I'd still consider moving McCowan to open up cap space for Cloud or trade her for a young guard/wing...Awak/Brown can fill McCowan's role.

McCowan is one of the reasons why Dallas was so successful. You guys better keep her because you won’t have the size to contend with the other teams.
I don’t think Cloud will get Dallas past Vegas. You may have to trade away some draft picks and some of your younger players to add to your core that includes Sabally.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/02/23 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Richyyy wrote:

McCowan is one of the reasons why Dallas was so successful. You guys better keep her because you won’t have the size to contend with the other teams.
I don’t think Cloud will get Dallas past Vegas. You may have to trade away some draft picks and some of your younger players to add to your core that includes Sabally.

Did you see how Chelsea Gray destroyed us in all 3 games ? Shocked Shocked Confused

PostPosted: 10/12/23 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Natasha howard's Fiance is on a reality show airing on VH1 and giving A lot of insight.....hmmm

PostPosted: 10/12/23 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Natasha howard's Fiance is on a reality show airing on VH1 and giving A lot of insight.....hmmm

BBW Orlando?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/12/23 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

BBW Orlando?

____X

PostPosted: 10/24/23 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/38660970/way-too-early-wnba-power-rankings-2024-las-vegas-aces

Quote:
4. Dallas Wings
2022-23 Record: 22-18, lost in semifinals to Aces
2023 final regular-season ranking: 4

This was the franchise's best season since it left Detroit in 2009, as first-year coach Latricia Trammell implemented a style that made the most of the Wings' talents. They led the league in rebounding. Satou Sabally, the No. 2 pick in 2020, won the Most Improved Player award; she is a restricted free agent, so we'll see if Dallas works out a multiyear deal for her. Fellow starters Arike Ogunbowale, Natasha Howard and Teaira McCowan are all under contract for 2024.

Stephanie Soares and Lou Lopez Senechal, the Nos. 4 and 5 draft picks in April who missed this season with injuries, could add more offense for the Wings next season. Dallas also has the Nos. 5 and 9 picks in the 2024 draft. The scoring whiz Ogunbowale greatly improved her playmaking, but the Wings could use another 3-point shooter. A healthy Lopez Senechal could help fill that need or the Wings might find it elsewhere.

WE need a plan B shooter , suggesting we rely on someone who has not played 1 minute of WNBA competition to be stated as a "Healthy" version could fill the need is too much pressure. Let her start at her own pace and have another shooter to fill the void in the mean time.

PostPosted: 10/31/23 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

BBW Orlando?

____X

I was skeptical at first but after watching last nights episode of BBwives i was happy to see Howard invite the Entire team including Coach Trammel To Film with VH1 . Not to mention her wife is pretty chill so far , cool experience.

PostPosted: 12/13/23 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings are having a holiday sale on some of their merchandise.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/dallaswings/3256370295530424171/

https://www.shopdallaswings.com

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/14/24 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Free agency is real restricted or not this go around . I’ve changed my stance whether realiable or not . Draft Rickea first then Sheldon second both first rounders Shocked Cool

SN : plz do not over analyze or imply anything based off my new mindset .

PostPosted: 01/22/24 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Awak Kuier to forgo 2024 WNBA season

https://wings.wnba.com/news/awak-kuier-to-forgo-2024-wnba-season/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: