pilight wrote:
Lynx sign Ruthy Hebard

👏🏿👍🏿

PostPosted: 02/16/24 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reeve loving the letter C for recruits: Chicago, Connecticut

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 02/16/24 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GSgUj5-v04s?si=8jT4pbnb4xWIT-vI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 03/04/24 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Monday, March 4, 2024
Olivia Époupa signed a Training Camp Contract with the Minnesota Lynx.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/05/24 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Monday, March 4, 2024

That gets a 👍 from me. She's so fun.

PostPosted: 03/05/24 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Monday, March 4, 2024

Great signing! I always wondered if she would come over.

PostPosted: 03/07/24 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

‘We’re Gonna Be a Problem’ — Courtney Williams Ready to Help Lynx Take the Next Step

Shades

PostPosted: 03/07/24 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
‘We’re Gonna Be a Problem’ — Courtney Williams Ready to Help Lynx Take the Next Step

Quote:
“One of the first things (the Lynx) said to me was that they wanted me to lead this team at the point guard position,” Williams said.

That solves that mystery. I guess that means Hiedeman was acquired as a backup for both McBride and Williams?

tfan

PostPosted: 03/20/24 4:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx Offseason Update Vol. 25: Carleton Leads UNI Györ, Smith and Juhåsz Have All-Around Outings

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 03/20/24 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2024/03/19/minnesota-lynx-to-retire-jersey-number-of-legend-maya-moore

Lynx retiring Moore’s jersey.

I still find it odd they retired Fowles’ jersey before Maya. Also seemed weird that they retired Fowles the year after her retirement season. I’m sure there were reasons.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/20/24 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2024/03/19/minnesota-lynx-to-retire-jersey-number-of-legend-maya-moore

I still find it odd they retired Fowles’ jersey before Maya. Also seemed weird that they retired Fowles the year after her retirement season. I’m sure there were reasons.

They were holding out hope that Moore might come back

PostPosted: 03/20/24 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Makes sense I suppose. I still feel like it was a mistake to retire Fowles’ jersey the year after she retired. They spent that whole season celebrating her and then immediately feted her again the next year. They should’ve waited so she could’ve enjoyed the celebration even more so. It’s like having your birthday the week after Christmas.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 03/26/24 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

No they weren't. They were waiting for her to tell the world what they already knew.

PostPosted: 03/26/24 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

Because Syl announced her retirement before Maya did.
Why would it be odd that her jersey was retired the season after she played her last game. Took the jersey off in '22 & hung it up in '23 - was part of the Lynx 25yr Anniversary wkend celebration, so former teammates were in attendance.

PostPosted: 03/27/24 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Because Syl announced her retirement before Maya did.
Why would it be odd that her jersey was retired the season after she played her last game. Took the jersey off in '22 & hung it up in '23 - was part of the Lynx 25yr Anniversary wkend celebration, so former teammates were in attendance.

It just felt like it was too soon. It would’ve been nice if there had been a buffer. They literally celebrated her at every game they played in her final year, which was well deserved. She got a beautiful send off. It might have been nice to get the additional flowers a little further apart from her farewell tour. Good for her either way. Just felt odd for the farewell tour celebrations and jersey retirements to be spread out a bit.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/14/24 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/39942131/sky-swap-2024-wnba-draft-picks-prospects-lynx-trade

Intrinsically, this looks like a good deal for the Lynx. They pick up those little extras, like the swap of first round picks in 2026. I’m not sure who they might be targeting in 2026. Maybe they’re hoping for Paige Bueckers to stay at UConn 6 years.

What I’m NOT liking is their apparent disinterest in a forward in this draft. If they want a good one, you don’t trade down. So maybe feel content with a deferrral of Kitley, or perhaps second round talent like Jackson out of Kansas. Or maybe they go in the guard direction and take at swing at MĂŒhl, considering Reeve feels she can never go wrong with a UConn player, even though it hasn’t always worked out.

So if the Lynx probably don’t want a forward in this draft class, I want to revisit my evil plan of luring Meesseman onto the team. It looks like Meesseman, Collier, and McBride just won some sort of European championship together.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/15/24 2:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/39942131/sky-swap-2024-wnba-draft-picks-prospects-lynx-trade

Intrinsically, this looks like a good deal for the Lynx. They pick up those little extras, like the swap of first round picks in 2026. I’m not sure who they might be targeting in 2026. Maybe they’re hoping for Paige Bueckers to stay at UConn 6 years.

What I’m NOT liking is their apparent disinterest in a forward in this draft. If they want a good one, you don’t trade down. So maybe feel content with a deferrral of Kitley, or perhaps second round talent like Jackson out of Kansas. Or maybe they go in the guard direction and take at swing at MĂŒhl, considering Reeve feels she can never go wrong with a UConn player, even though it hasn’t always worked out.

So if the Lynx probably don’t want a forward in this draft class, I want to revisit my evil plan of luring Meesseman onto the team. It looks like Meesseman, Collier, and McBride just won some sort of European championship together.

Could it be Reese, a polarizing player/personality in many ways who would not fit well on the Reeve managed team. Although she does have all the athletic attributes the Lynx can use. If Reeve isn't going to select Reese @ 7, mind as well trade the pick. Angel fits better in Chicago as her polarization measures up to her Baltimore ingrained personality and beliefs which are similar to those in Chicago. Who knows who Reeve is planning on picking @ 8?

So, it may be Rickea Jackson and Angel Reese heading to the Sky...An A+ Draft for them. If so a thank you card to Reeve would be appropriate Chicago.

Reeve had the opportunity to get Sika Kone and K.Brown for free on waivers last year and passed them up. Screaming for her to do so had no effect.

These organizations already know who's picking who of the first round prime players. The suspense is only for the fans and general public.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 04/15/24 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hadnt thought about Muhl, but now i do thing it could make sense.
the uconn thing that didn't work out i believe must've been crystal... muhl is not a midget which should help her case.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/15/24 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The most important need for player scoring and game control is the ball. Rebounds, rebounds, rebounds. If Reeve passed over Reese or Edwards for a guard @ 7, she's a fool. A fully adequate coach must be able to handle all personalities. Call Kim Mulkey for lessons Cheryl.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/15/24 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
The most important need for player scoring and game control is the ball. Rebounds, rebounds, rebounds. If Reeve passed over Reese or Edwards for a guard @ 7, she's a fool. A fully adequate coach must be able to handle all personalities. Call Kim Mulkey for lessons Cheryl.

I see the Lynx's situation so differently. First off they don't have the #7 pick, they have the #8 pick after yesterday's trade. So the chances of either Edwards or Reese still being available is extremely slim.

Also, the already have 6 frontcourt players that are better than the 3rd best guard. They're already so unbalanced toward the frontcourt, IMO drafting yet another forward to compete for minutes or even a roster spot with Collier, Miller, Juhasz, Smith, Kone and Hebard would just be wasteful.

Conversely they've only got McBride, Heideman and Williams for the guard rotation. Do you really want Kayana Traylor as your backup 2 in favor of ANY of those frontcourt players?

PostPosted: 04/15/24 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

Also, the already have 6 frontcourt players that are better than the 3rd best guard. They're already so unbalanced toward the frontcourt, IMO drafting yet another forward to compete for minutes or even a roster spot with Collier, Miller, Juhasz, Smith, Kone and Hebard would just be wasteful.

Conversely they've only got McBride, Heideman and Williams for the guard rotation. Do you really want Kayana Traylor as your backup 2 in favor of ANY of those frontcourt players?

Diamond Miller is SF as her biggest position, and she has always considered herself a guard. Ann Meyers Drysdale also considered her a guard in college.

Similarly, Bridget Carleton is SF who can play at guard, so they’re not desperate to draft a guard, who Reeve won’t have the patience to develop anyway. They’ll just take up bench space until they’re dropped or traded.

The plan has always been to have Collier play the SF, if they can get their post game up to speed. But they’ll never get up to speed if they’re too afraid to swing for the fences. Smith, Hebard, and KonĂ© (all from a mediocre Chicago team with KonĂ© being on her third team in two years) isn’t swinging for the fences. That’s getting hit by a pitch and stumbling to first.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/15/24 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But Reeve will have the patience to develop a forward?

I would play Miller at the 4 before I'd put Carleton at the 2 any. day. of. the. week. She's one of the least athletic players in the league, I feel like most true 2s would cut her to shreds.

PostPosted: 04/15/24 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kone is younger than the players being drafted this year she still has plenty of time to blow up. I think with consistent minutes she will get there and be really good. This year don't know, I still wish the Liberty held on to her.

I won't be too shocked if in a year or two this trade bites Chicago and everyone will be saying Chicago gave up the best player and a valuable pick swap in 26 to move up one spot.

OTOH if Chicago lands Reese at seven it will be worth it and kind of even out. In 24 Chicago isn't going to be setting the league on fire so having a player who will bring eyes and attention will be really helpful in a down year.

Last edited by J-Spoon on 04/15/24 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 04/15/24 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
She's one of the least athletic players in the league, I feel like most true 2s would cut her to shreds.

She’s definitely worth keeping around. Plus she loves being on the team, which always helps.
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=102935&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=27

blaase22

PostPosted: 04/15/24 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reeve is a clown building mid-esota. Get used to middling while she is in charge with her stupid decisions, and no Maya to save her ass. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: