Carleton
Powers

Draft picks
7, 19, 31

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/20/23 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
adamj95

PostPosted: 09/20/23 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx need a PG. Period. Reeve lowered the team's ceiling by fumbling the bag when it comes to guard play. Get it done.

PostPosted: 09/20/23 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Lynx need a PG. Period. Reeve lowered the team's ceiling by fumbling the bag when it comes to guard play. Get it done.

I liked the way Lindsay Allen was playing, so I think she’ll be back in one form or another.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 09/21/23 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

with Juhasz proving herself, i think MN should release milić and go for a more banger-type post player.

again, i think the team clearly over-achieved this year. given the injuries at the end of the season to allen and shepard, they could have reasonably made it to semis this year - a year people thought they were tanking.

ucbart

PostPosted: 09/21/23 11:10 am    ::: Re: Minnesota Lynx 2024 Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Goodbye Achonwa and Powers.

Guaranteed
McBride 208K
TMitchell 139K

Non-guaranteed
Collier 208K
Shepard 124K
Miller 76K
Juhász 67K

Reserved
Milić

UFA
Achonwa
Allen
Banham
Carleton
Powers

Draft picks
7, 19, 31

Thank god! I think Achonwa should have to give the money back and Reeve should be fined. LOL! That is quite possibly the worst contract ever given to a player by any GM. Achonwa, to me, is a borderline 11th woman.

I'd keep Carleton and say goodbye to Achonwa, Powers, and Banham. Minnesota, as much as I dislike her personality, needs Cloud.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/21/23 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota should not have signed McBride at the price that they did...They should've waited and made a play for Cloud & B. Jones......Not sure if they have the cap space to go after both players now, especially with Mitchell making 139k.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 09/21/23 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i wonder if they try to package #7 and something to move higher up in draft?

liked both rebecca allen's and alanna smith's play this year...
n. cloud is not getting younger, but just balled out in the playoffs and isn't a tiny PG that Cheryl clearly doesn't like.
would kind of like to gamble on someone like KLS or Christyn Williams... and i have always thought Dolson would fit well in MN.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/21/23 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So many people on Rebkell don't like a player because of their personality. Who cares about a player's personality. The only thing that matters is can she hoop. These players are not potential spouses. They are not going to be your roommate. The only thing that matters is can she help your team win a championship.

PostPosted: 09/21/23 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't say personality doesn't matter at all, but it's how they mesh with their teammates. Now if I'm not a fan of them personally but they get along with the teammates and otherwise are no trouble, fine by me.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/21/23 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
So many people on Rebkell don't like a player because of their personality. Who cares about a player's personality. The only thing that matters is can she hoop. These players are not potential spouses. They are not going to be your roommate. The only thing that matters is can she help your team win a championship.

Now I don't like Stewart. But I would take her on my team in a heartbeat. Because she can HOOP. She knows how to win championships. I have no intentions on being her drinking buddy. Just win, baby.

PostPosted: 09/21/23 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

who's personality is in question?

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/21/23 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

And see, I don't even have a problem with that. I only get on "Well, fuck you, then!" time when somebody doesn't like a player because of their personality or "antics" or whatever, and then goes the extra mile of trying to justify their dislike. And it's usually because they don't want to be associated with the stigma or the taboo of being called a "hater," and they don't have the guts or the spine to stand on that shit, so they have to rationalize why whatever their reasons for disliking a player don't "count" as hate. Like, if you don't like a player because they do X, then it's not really hate.

Fuck that. It's all bullshit.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/21/23 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

And see, I don't even have a problem with that. I only get on "Well, fuck you, then!" time when somebody doesn't like a player because of their personality or "antics" or whatever, and then goes the extra mile of trying to justify their dislike. And it's usually because they don't want to be associated with the stigma or the taboo of being called a "hater," and they don't have the guts or the spine to stand on that shit, so they have to rationalize why whatever their reasons for disliking a player don't "count" as hate. Like, if you don't like a player because they do X, then it's not really hate.

Fuck that. It's all bullshit.

👍🏿

PostPosted: 09/22/23 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Minnesota should not have signed McBride at the price that they did...They should've waited and made a play for Cloud & B. Jones......Not sure if they have the cap space to go after both players now, especially with Mitchell making 139k.

Yeah, the McBride signing was really bad for that cost. I don't know if Cloud is leaving Washington, but if she does, and the reason she can't come to Minnesota is McBride, the Lynx will have really screwed up.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/25/23 2:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Yeah, the McBride signing was really bad for that cost. I don't know if Cloud is leaving Washington, but if she does, and the reason she can't come to Minnesota is McBride, the Lynx will have really screwed up.

By my calculations they can probably after both regular max and fill out the rest of the roster with their first round pick and their second round pick and or a minimum contract if they go with 11 spots.

However I think Cloud and B. Jones will be very popular targets this off season. TBH I would think both of their current teams would do what they could to keep them, if not there should be decent competition for both.

My Minny plan would be poach Cloud with a max contract, bring back Allen on a slightly higher than vet minimum contract she had last season. Keep an eye on Dallas, with Soares and Lopez-Senchel on stand by and two first round picks in the top 10 this year, one at #5 that they could use on Cardosa or R. Jackson and having to spend big to bring back Sabally would poaching K. Brown be a possible options on a vet minimum or slightly higher deal. Then fill out the rest with #7 maybe A. Edwards and continue to find diamonds in the rough in the 2nd round (maybe the player Shades shouted out in the mock draft thread?) and if you have money left over bring back Carelton at vet minimum or Engstler at true minimum if you have to go cheaper

end up with

Cloud/Allen/#19 Owusu
McBride/T. Mitchell
Miller/#7 A. Edwards/(Carelton or Engstler)
Collier/Shepard
Juhasz/K. Brown

there is a lot of size flexibility in the line up 1 that can plays 2 or 3
3s that can play 4s and so on
it might not be a team that can blow you away but there is depth and a nice combo of win now and win tomorrow players

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/27/23 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

By my calculations they can probably after both regular max and fill out the rest of the roster with their first round pick and their second round pick and or a minimum contract if they go with 11 spots.

However I think Cloud and B. Jones will be very popular targets this off season. TBH I would think both of their current teams would do what they could to keep them, if not there should be decent competition for both.

My Minny plan would be poach Cloud with a max contract, bring back Allen on a slightly higher than vet minimum contract she had last season. Keep an eye on Dallas, with Soares and Lopez-Senchel on stand by and two first round picks in the top 10 this year, one at #5 that they could use on Cardosa or R. Jackson and having to spend big to bring back Sabally would poaching K. Brown be a possible options on a vet minimum or slightly higher deal. Then fill out the rest with #7 maybe A. Edwards and continue to find diamonds in the rough in the 2nd round (maybe the player Shades shouted out in the mock draft thread?) and if you have money left over bring back Carelton at vet minimum or Engstler at true minimum if you have to go cheaper

end up with

Cloud/Allen/#19 Owusu
McBride/T. Mitchell
Miller/#7 A. Edwards/(Carelton or Engstler)
Collier/Shepard
Juhasz/K. Brown

there is a lot of size flexibility in the line up 1 that can plays 2 or 3
3s that can play 4s and so on
it might not be a team that can blow you away but there is depth and a nice combo of win now and win tomorrow players

There's a lot of developing young talent on the Dallas team and they won't be able to use them all. And Dallas management likes to make trades.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 09/28/23 6:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i would love to see LLS on the Lynx... one thing Lynx really really need is another shooter. diamond, bridget, rachel aren't cutting it in the shooting department.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/28/23 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
i would love to see LLS on the Lynx... one thing Lynx really really need is another shooter. diamond, bridget, rachel aren't cutting it in the shooting department.

I'd love to see LLS in Minneapolis!

Shades

PostPosted: 09/29/23 3:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c6nnip-e1v0?si=CRHa2xcOeEOG4rHy" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This video shows Collier, McBride, and Milic all playing together in Fenerbahce, or whatever they’re calling themselves now. The key player is Meesseman. So what’s the status on Meesseman? Any chance she could be a free agent pickup for the Lynx? Everyone getting used to playing together overseas would be a great advantage. I imagine Meesseman would stay until they were finished in Fenerbahce, which would make her late for start of the WNBA season?

Doing a little research, it looks like she last played for CHI in 2022, and she sat out the 2023 season. It doesn’t appear that CHI has any negotiating rights to her. So if Meesseman by any chance doesn’t sit out the 2024 season, I think that would be a very exciting possibility for the Lynx.

Pick up Meesseman and Johannes (reserved by NYL), and I wouldn’t even care that much about the draft picks.

shontay33

PostPosted: 10/02/23 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
with Juhasz proving herself, i think MN should release milić and go for a more banger-type post player.

again, i think the team clearly over-achieved this year. given the injuries at the end of the season to allen and shepard, they could have reasonably made it to semis this year - a year people thought they were tanking.

I think Juhaz is a keeper. If Minnesota doesn’t resign her I can definitely see another team signing her.

GEF34

PostPosted: 10/05/23 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

I think Juhaz is a keeper. If Minnesota doesn’t resign her I can definitely see another team signing her.

Dorka Juhasz is still on her rookie contract, she won't be a free agent for another few years unless she gets waived.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/25/23 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will the Lynx be playing on this interesting color scheme this summer?

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 11/25/23 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Doubtful. Those are the hideous courts they are using for the NBA’s version of the Commissioner’s Cup.

singinerd54

PostPosted: 11/25/23 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Shades wrote:

Doubtful. Those are the hideous courts they are using for the NBA’s version of the Commissioner’s Cup.

They're so, so bad. Whoever thought up that idea and whoever approved it should both be fired.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 12/19/23 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Shades wrote:

They're so, so bad. Whoever thought up that idea and whoever approved it should both be fired.

I have no opinion on the matter. However, this blue color has been used for television because it shows up better with other colors. Billiards (Pool) went from the traditional green which is better for the eyes when playing, to blue mainly because it shows up better for television.

Well have to wait and see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: