Embarassed

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/08/24 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No, make that Embarassed Embarassed

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/08/24 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Sky sign Kysre Gondrezick

Someone in the Sky organization really loves this woman. This is her second time around.

PostPosted: 02/09/24 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chennedy Carter Shocked

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 02/09/24 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And1 wrote:
Chennedy Carter Shocked

Marina and Chennedy do not seem like a match to be besties for the resties.

PostPosted: 02/09/24 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Reports of Kah to the Mercury in exchange for players and picks.

Man, I feel so bad for T Spoon. I really hope they warned her they would further gut the roster when she took this job.

I just hope they don't use this season against her to cann her in 2 years like most ____ Head coaches get .

I think the league has changed considerably on that front. I mean, neither Seattle nor Atlanta canned their HCs despite some lackluster results.

Might be too early to say things have changed. Noelle Quinn's record has been 16-10 (Hughes was 5-1), 22-14 and 11-29 so she had a winning record her first two years. Tanisha Wright was 14-22 and then 19-21. That's better than the 2-20 and 10-22 of Walt Hopkins or the 7-27 and 10-24 of Katie Smith. Mariane Stanley was 6-16, 6-26 and 2-7. Chicago is probably going to have a talent level similar to what Stanley, Smith and Hopkins had.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 02/09/24 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Reports of Kah to the Mercury in exchange for players and picks.

Man, I feel so bad for T Spoon. I really hope they warned her they would further gut the roster when she took this job.

I just hope they don't use this season against her to cann her in 2 years like most ____ Head coaches get .

I think the league has changed considerably on that front. I mean, neither Seattle nor Atlanta canned their HCs despite some lackluster results.

Might be too early to say things have changed. Noelle Quinn's record has been 16-10 (Hughes was 5-1), 22-14 and 11-29 so she had a winning record her first two years. Tanisha Wright was 14-22 and then 19-21. That's better than the 2-20 and 10-22 of Walt Hopkins or the 7-27 and 10-24 of Katie Smith. Mariane Stanley was 6-16, 6-26 and 2-7. Chicago is probably going to have a talent level similar to what Stanley, Smith and Hopkins had.

Exactly. But Smith and Hopkins took over rosters that were expected to compete for a championship (in Smith’s case) and make the playoffs (in Hopkins’ case) and Stanley was hired to preside over the tanking which she did successfully.

I would expect Chicago is going to give Spoon a very long leash. They have had some big PR stumbles lately and I don’t think firing a W legend after sandbagging her with a roster that will be lucky to not finish last would go over well.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/09/24 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And1 wrote:
Chennedy Carter Shocked

I’m honestly surprised she didn’t end up in Seattle, since that one article represented her and Jewell Loyd as buds.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/09/24 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

L. Allen/Carter
Mabrey/Evans
Deshields/Onyenwere
Harrison/Kone
E. Will/Turner

pick 3 Bueckers, Brink possible Cardoso, Reese, Jackson more likely
pick 13 a little hard to predict but could be M. Holmes, Paopao, Van Lith, A. Lee, Pili, Leggier-Walker, Shelly,

OK they got roughed up by free agency and the trade but they have some viable vets in Allen, Harrison and Williams, wildcard returnees in Deshield and Carter, some young players who might be ready to step up in Evans, Onyenwere and Kone and pick 3 should be legit and pick 13 will probably make the roster and offer slight hope.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/10/24 3:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
L. Allen/Carter
Mabrey/Evans
Deshields/Onyenwere
Harrison/Kone
E. Will/Turner

pick 3 Bueckers, Brink possible Cardoso, Reese, Jackson more likely
pick 13 a little hard to predict but could be M. Holmes, Paopao, Van Lith, A. Lee, Pili, Leggier-Walker, Shelly,

OK they got roughed up by free agency and the trade but they have some viable vets in Allen, Harrison and Williams, wildcard returnees in Deshield and Carter, some young players who might be ready to step up in Evans, Onyenwere and Kone and pick 3 should be legit and pick 13 will probably make the roster and offer slight hope.

The Sky also have Rebekah Gardner who seems to be playing well in Spain and Robyn Parks who is playing Italy as reserve free agents who could also battle for a roster spot if they are in training camp.

jap

PostPosted: 02/10/24 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And1 wrote:
Chennedy Carter Shocked

If Chennedy actually, actually LISTENS to Coach Teresa Weatherspoon, she might actually turn her WNBA career around. Teresa is a Supreme Motivator.

PostPosted: 02/10/24 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
And1 wrote:
Chennedy Carter Shocked

If Chennedy actually, actually LISTENS to Coach Teresa Weatherspoon, she might actually turn her WNBA career around. Teresa is a Supreme Motivator.

Yes, I think this is as good of an opportunity for Carter as there is. Theoretically a coach she should respect, time out of the league to develop and gain perspective, a team where there will be opportunity to shine and get a decent amount of shots and minutes but without huge expectations.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/11/24 2:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I forgot that Chicago was getting Gardner and Harrison back. Combined with signing/inviting Carter, DeShields and Allen and trading for Turner, that helps makeup for losing Copper, Smith, Bertsch and Williams. But they lost an all-star and didn't gain one. The last team I can think of with no all-stars was Indiana in one or more of their last place years. It looks like they didn't invite back Ruth Hebard but have 28 year old Taya Reimer (Notre Dame, Michigan State) on the roster? Li Yeuru is also listed. Putting aside whether she has WNBA mobility or size, is she going to show in an Olympic year?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/15/24 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thursday, February 15, 2024
The Chicago Sky renounced their rights to Kseniya Malashka.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/19/24 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Chicago Sky obtained the No. 8 pick in the upcoming 2024 WNBA draft from the Los Angeles Sparks on Monday in exchange for guard Julie Allemand, the rights to center Li Yueru and a 2025 third-round selection.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/39559597/sky-land-no-8-pick-2024-wnba-draft-trade-sparks

PostPosted: 02/19/24 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Quote:
The Chicago Sky obtained the No. 8 pick in the upcoming 2024 WNBA draft from the Los Angeles Sparks on Monday in exchange for guard Julie Allemand, the rights to center Li Yueru and a 2025 third-round selection.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/39559597/sky-land-no-8-pick-2024-wnba-draft-trade-sparks

LA must have confirmation that Allemand (and/or Li) is planning on coming over this year...right? Riiiight? Otherwise they just traded a first round pick straight up for a third round pick.

PostPosted: 02/20/24 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Quote:

LA must have confirmation that Allemand (and/or Li) is planning on coming over this year...right? Riiiight? Otherwise they just traded a first round pick straight up for a third round pick.

Julie Allemand was a sign and trade and on twitter it sounds like Li Yueru plans to come over after the Olympics.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 02/23/24 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gardner tears achilles in game in Spain yesterday.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2024/02/23/sky-guard-rebekah-garder-suffers-torn-achilles-playing-overseas

scullyfu

PostPosted: 02/23/24 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
Gardner tears achilles in game in Spain yesterday.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2024/02/23/sky-guard-rebekah-garder-suffers-torn-achilles-playing-overseas

Tspoon must be tearing her hair out right about now.

PostPosted: 02/24/24 2:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man, injuries in back to back years is bad enough, but Rebekah got into the league late and doesn't have a decade behind her or in front of her.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/25/24 3:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With two first-round draft picks, can the Chicago Sky quickly rediscover brighter days?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/06/24 2:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mabrey trade used to be a major pain in my backside. Now it has been reduced to a dull or a numb ache. Now moving forward to next year's draft there is the possibility that Chicago will have to exchange their first round pick with Dallas. That pick could possibly be a lottery pick. Even though I don't look forward to that happening, I can live with that exchange taking place. There are going to be a LOT of good to great players available in the 2025 draft. So whatever position the Sky draft at next year they should be able to get a good prospect.

PostPosted: 04/14/24 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky and the Lynx are working on a draft trade right now. So everyone might have to destroy their current mock draft.

PostPosted: 04/14/24 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
The Sky and the Lynx are working on a draft trade right now. So everyone might have to destroy their current mock draft.

and here it is:

https://sky.wnba.com/news/chicago-sky-acquire-2024-no-7-overall-draft-pick-from-minnesota/

Chicago receives:

2024 First Round (No. 7 overall) – From Minnesota

Nikolina Milić

Minnesota receives:

Sika Koné

2024 1st Round (No. 8 overall) – From Chicago

2025 2nd Round Pick – From Chicago via New York

Rights to swap 2026 1st Round Picks (with Chicago)

tfan

PostPosted: 04/16/24 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jDGCbPXQgbQ?si=ho3XYjp_gsHfbrRH" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w85wEn5YenU?si=bxhaVigUAV-OFOqs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n8D_15JhH1E?si=F0ViuHKFvLvz_l4Q" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: