Mystics
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Liberty
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 15

Shades

PostPosted: 09/12/23 8:44 pm    ::: Mystics @ Liberty - 9/15/23 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Playoffs - Round 1 - Game 1
Brooklyn, NY - 7:30 PM ET

TV: ESPN2

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/eventCalendarId/401578551#bucketId=7947

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/248594/washington-mystics-vs-new-york-liberty

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20230915/WASNYL/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/13/23 1:39 pm    ::: Re: Mystics @ Liberty - 9/15/23 Reply Reply with quote

No Shakira for the game as many of us suspected would be the case. It's your big chance to prove yourselves Myisha and Queen! Luckily, Mystics will have all guards available (except Toliver of course) and the backcourt is the Mystics biggest advantage.

Queen and Myisha: be smart. Draw more fouls than you commit.

~rAf
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/15/23 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD is the one player i feel in this league that cancels out Stewies heroics . If DC's other 4 can replicate what they just did last weekend I can actually see them sweeping NY. Not saying they will but this will be so interesting to watch. JJ is the X factor . Do we get lazy JJ or MVP JJ?

PostPosted: 09/15/23 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would like to see it go 3 games, however......

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 09/15/23 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

And 5 Overtimes for each game.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/15/23 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

And 5 Overtimes for each game.

You would prefer if New York just LOSE. That would make things nice for your team.

PostPosted: 09/15/23 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics having no problems at all putting the ball through the net in this opening quarter.

PostPosted: 09/15/23 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Bionic Elbow strikes again!

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 09/15/23 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fun and energetic first quarter. Looking forward to this series!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/15/23 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Felt like the Mystics played the better half of basketball yet they're down 4. Did a great job of containing Stewie but failed badly with Laney.

PostPosted: 09/15/23 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ionescu to the rescu!

Good thing they don’t play again til Tuesday because the starters could use the rest. They only got 17 minutes from their bench.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/15/23 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was fun! Can we do more like the fourth quarter and less like the first quarter next time? Very Happy

The ability of that Washington backcourt to change gears on a dime is just amazing. They can control the pace so well, and combining that with their defensive acumen... if you get complacent you will pay for it. Badly. A lot.

It was a very physical and very inconsistently called game. If Hines-Allen tied up JJ much more they'd have to arrange a safeword. But light contact got called much more than leading shoulders and heavier hits, and I don't know that that's the correct way to go. It's clear that there's some juice to this rivalry, and it sometimes expresses itself in stray elbows... shoulders... fingers to the eye (poor Sloot).

The place rocked all night. Passionate crowd. Four for the guys in the Statue of Liberty costumes, who have now upgraded to include light-up masks. None for the jackass calling the Mystics thugs. (The emcee attempted to reintroduce the "stand until the first basket" concept before the game. It died a swift and merciful death. AS IT SHOULD.)

The only Sue I will ever acknowledge in a Liberty-occupied building is Sue Wicks.

adorable moment at the end of the game- before the Mystics left the court, Brittney Sykes went to go find T-Spoon for a hug.

I am deeply, deeply concerned about Breanna Stewart's shooting slump and questionable ballhandling. We really need to beat DC on Tuesday and for Minnesota to force a Game 3 so we have time to try turning her off and on again.

Betnijah was probably that kid who got stuck doing all the work in group projects.

PostPosted: 09/16/23 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great recap, Queenie. Great game. I was very stressed about this game and series but think we will be ok.

Horrible officiating. Mystics loved to whine and fall down.

Crowd was super loud and on their feet for Billie Jean King, Malala and of course T-Spoon.

I am also worried about Stewie but reminded myself that we still beat the Mystics by 15 with her and Sloot shooting somethin putrid. They both looked fatigued, but I expect them to bounce back in the postseason and it will get insane at Barclays when all 5 click.

JJ, Sab, and B were amazing and we got nothing from our bench. I feel like we need to attack the basket more outside of JJ.

Mad respect to Sykes, EDD and especially Cloud but I’m not too concerned. It was fun to wave them farewell off the floor. Payback is a b.

PRballer

PostPosted: 09/16/23 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And St. John’s and Rutgers full teams were in attendance, neat to see the women’s basketball world descend on Brooklyn for what many of us hope is a deep October run. Really fun to see this franchise grow!

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/16/23 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Crowd was super loud and on their feet for Billie Jean King, Malala and of course T-Spoon.

Malala, as in, the kid who won the Nobel?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Queenie

PostPosted: 09/16/23 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
And St. John’s and Rutgers full teams were in attendance, neat to see the women’s basketball world descend on Brooklyn for what many of us hope is a deep October run. Really fun to see this franchise grow!

huh, that would have been a really neat thing to know about, or for the teams in question to post about (STJ, at least, didn't post anything, which: quelle surprise, they were probably half-rooting for the Mystics anyway)

PostPosted: 09/16/23 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
PRballer wrote:

The very same, although she's not a kid anymore. She got the standing ovation before they even announced Billie Jean King.

PostPosted: 09/16/23 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
PRballer wrote:

She's 26 years old

PostPosted: 09/16/23 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
PRballer wrote:

The very same, although she's not a kid anymore. She got the standing ovation before they even announced Billie Jean King.

Huh. I wasn't aware that she had achieved mononymous status. Salute to Malala.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/16/23 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
PRballer wrote:

She's 26 years old

That makes her the same age as my son. That makes her a kid, in my Personal Record Book™.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/16/23 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
PRballer wrote:

She's 26 years old

That makes her the same age as my son. That makes her a kid, in my Personal Record Book™.
👍🏿

PostPosted: 09/17/23 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
PRballer wrote:

huh, that would have been a really neat thing to know about, or for the teams in question to post about (STJ, at least, didn't post anything, which: quelle surprise, they were probably half-rooting for the Mystics anyway)

I saw St. John’s getting off a bus by Atlantic avenue before tip and then Joe T in the arena. All in school gear

Rutgers I saw in the concourse. All in gear. Had a lovely chat with their DOBO, classy person! Seems like they are focused on recruiting NJ more heavily. I didn’t see Coquese but she was there.

Earlier in the season in our overtime win over the Mystics I saw the St. Joe’s coach and team, presumably to support Cloud.

Berube was courtside that same game.

It’s fun to see the women’s college bball world descend on Brooklyn and imagine we will see more big names (Geno?) as playoffs advance…

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/17/23 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Queenie wrote:
PRballer wrote:

I saw St. John’s getting off a bus by Atlantic avenue before tip and then Joe T in the arena. All in school gear

Yeah, I saw Tartamella chatting with Eric Thibault before the game. I kept my distance because I would be so tempted to say unkind things. I mean, it would probably have been fine, Tartamella doesn't actually recognize any of the, like, 7 STJ season ticket holders that exist.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: