0%  [ 0 ]
someone else
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 37

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/28/23 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

But are we really arguing that these teams aren’t ridiculously loaded? (And btw - I think it could be a very good thing for the league to have two super teams. They clearly sell well..I’m just saying they clearly exist, and their existence makes what AT did more impressive to me than what A’ja or Breanna did.)

This nails it. Aja and Breanna are great year after year and have excellent complementary players. Alyssa had to step up after LOSING two key bigs. Nobody had the Sun in the top 3 - especially after losing Brionna early in the season. Alyssa had a MONSTER season and deserved THIS MVP award. Not taking anything from the Aja and Breanna superstars who keep on working to improve their games every season and outdoing earlier versions of themselves.

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 09/28/23 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, pretty much everybody had the Sun 4th in the preseason, behind the Mystics after EDD's vow that she would play more than 30 games. Connecticut did not vastly over-achieve by any measure.

Picking up the slack for injured teammates bolsters the case for Wilson at least as much as Thomas. The Aces lost Candace Parker and barely missed a beat. The Sun's record after Brionna Jones went out was substantially worse than their record when she was playing.

PostPosted: 09/28/23 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People act like Jones/Sloot didn't get off to a slow start and Ionescu wasn't inconsistent in the first half of the season due to injury. That's where Stewart won the MVP. During the stretch her teammates weren't playing up to their normal level.

And lol Wilson picking up the slack for Parker as if Vegas doesn't have 3 other all-league caliber players and didn't just win the championship without Parker.....The first 25 games of the season Plum/Young was leading Vegas in scoring...Gray then got hot after the all-star break...Aja went MVP mode down the stretch.....Vegas had 4 different players carry them offensively throughout the season.

If I voted for MVP I would rank the players in this order:

1. Thomas
2. Stewart
3. Wilson

But if any of the 3 won I wouldn't be upset.........Stewart had a legit argument for MVP last season but came in 2nd...She handled it with class unlike a certain Player and her Head coach......Win Back to back Dpoty awards, an MVP last season, and you acting like a spoiled little brat because you didn't win this year's MVP.....Acting like you were snubbed when there were 2 other legit candidates.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/28/23 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
zune69

PostPosted: 09/28/23 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope Griner can bounce back to her pre-detained form and win MVP next season.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 09/29/23 5:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this trio of candidates has completely turned into a race card situation - and unfortunately i don't think stats are the factor in arguments.

jap

PostPosted: 09/29/23 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A,'ha: "I demand a recount!!!"

AT: "I don't get no respect at all!!!"

Breanna: "Don't either of you gals go Beast mode now just because you didn't win!!!

Chennedy: "All this crying over NOTHING! Like everyone doesn't already know who the Real MVP is!!! (Wink, wink! Razz )

PostPosted: 09/30/23 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I hope Griner can bounce back to her pre-detained form and win MVP next season.

She was playing fantastic until the team got their tanking orders. Griner needs the team to finish to 4 to likely be considered. She’s been #2 a few years. I really want it to happen for her.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/01/23 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Taurasi was arguably the best player in the league, and Brit was a young all star. And obviously the other three are excellent players.

They started five Hall of Famers. Neither of this year's "super teams" will be able to claim that. Kia Stokes started most of the year for the Aces. As much as we like Betnijah Laney, she ain't headed to the Hall.

Gray, Parker, Plum, Aja, and Young are all hall of famers, and Kia is going to have as much of an argument as Dupree and Bonner are, especially if she gets a DPOY.

Sloot, Sabrina, Stewart, and Jones are all Hall of Famers. And Laney and Dolson aren’t out of the conversation.

Regardless - we aren’t talking about great. We’re talking about UNQUESTIONABLY TOP 2 IN THE LEAGUE at multiple positions.

PostPosted: 10/01/23 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL, yeah right. The jury is still out on both Plum and Young, and Stokes would need multiple DPOYs just to be in the conversation for Knoxville, forget Springfield. The notion that Kiah Stokes is going to have "as much of an argument" as someone who currently sits at fifth all-time in scoring, and is Top 10 in points and rebounds is extremely unserious.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 10/01/23 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Many years ago David Robinson won the NBA's MVP. Hakeem Olajuwon took offense to the voting. He outplayed Robinson completely in the playoffs that year. If Wilson believes that she is the WNBA's MVP then she needs to prove it in the Finals.

PostPosted: 10/01/23 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Many years ago David Robinson won the NBA's MVP. Hakeem Olajuwon took offense to the voting. He outplayed Robinson completely in the playoffs that year. If Wilson believes that she is the WNBA's MVP then she needs to prove it in the Finals.

Eh, I can't call it. I already made that reference in Game 2, FWIW, because I thought that Thomas was going to summon that '95 Olajuwon-level game, so I've already been wrong once.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/14/23 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Becky Hammon blames herself for A'ja Wilson not receiving MVP

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2023/10/13/aces-becky-hammon-blames-herself-for-aja-wilson-not-receiving-mvp/

Code:
“If I would have played her as many minutes, she would’ve averaged 28 and 13. And that’s all anybody in here would’ve been talking about, but she got screwed because her coach didn’t play her in fourth quarters.”

PostPosted: 10/14/23 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2023/10/13/aces-becky-hammon-blames-herself-for-aja-wilson-not-receiving-mvp/

Code:
“If I would have played her as many minutes, she would’ve averaged 28 and 13. And that’s all anybody in here would’ve been talking about, but she got screwed because her coach didn’t play her in fourth quarters.”

Well, Becky. It's like this. Be happy that you will be winning another championship and call it a good season. 👍🏿

PostPosted: 10/14/23 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Code:

oh my GOD Becky this AGAIN Jesus Christ you are an embarrassment to the name Rebecca knock it the fuck off

PostPosted: 10/14/23 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
oh my GOD Becky this AGAIN Jesus Christ you are an embarrassment to the name Rebecca knock it the fuck off

That's no way to speak on a Liberty legend!

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/15/23 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Queenie wrote:

...like, you understand you're talking to someone who bought a Jessica Davenport name and number t-shirt at full retail solely because she was the player we took with the pick we got from San Antonio for Becky with the bad hair dye, right?

PostPosted: 10/15/23 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Queenie wrote:

...like, you understand you're talking to someone who bought a Jessica Davenport name and number t-shirt at full retail solely because she was the player we took with the pick we got from San Antonio for Becky with the bad hair dye, right?

I feel like this will be hate hard approved.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/15/23 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I feel like this will be hate hard approved.

Indeed. #HateHard Approved!

zune69

PostPosted: 10/16/23 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Code:
“If I would have played her as many minutes, she would’ve averaged 28 and 13. And that’s all anybody in here would’ve been talking about, but she got screwed because her coach didn’t play her in the fourth quarters.”

Well, Aja didn't look like the MVP yesterday...And I'm not dumping on Aja. She's arguably the best player in the world...I just don't think now is the time to talk about Aja not winning MVP especially when she has 3 other teammates playing at a finals MVP level .....The next 1-2 games are going to be very interesting.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/16/23 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Code:
“If I would have played her as many minutes, she would’ve averaged 28 and 13. And that’s all anybody in here would’ve been talking about, but she got screwed because her coach didn’t play her in the fourth quarters.”

Well, Aja didn't look like the MVP yesterday...And I'm not dumping on Aja. She's arguably the best player in the world...I just don't think now is the time to talk about Aja not winning MVP especially when she has 3 other teammates playing at a finals MVP level .....

What kind of Monday Morning Quarterback-assed comment is this? Did you even bother to check the date on the link? You do understand that Hammon made those comments coming off a game where A'ja put up 26 and 15 in the Finals, right?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/16/23 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
zune69 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Code:

Well, Aja didn't look like the MVP yesterday...And I'm not dumping on Aja. She's arguably the best player in the world...I just don't think now is the time to talk about Aja not winning MVP especially when she has 3 other teammates playing at a finals MVP level .....

What kind of Monday Morning Quarterback-assed comment is this? Did you even bother to check the date on the link? You do understand that Hammon made those comments coming off a game where A'ja put up 26 and 15 in the Finals, right?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 10/16/23 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
zune69 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Code:

Yeah, and a game where the 2nd/3rd options put up 24/23 points respectively and the best pg in the league added 14p/11a/6r in a 28-point blowout....It's not as if Aja had to carry the Aces to a victory........... Gray's performance is what stood out to me in game 2.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/16/23 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Yeah, and a game where the 2nd/3rd options put up 24/23 points respectively and the best pg in the league added 14p/11a/6r in a 28-point blowout....It's not as if Aja had to carry the Aces to a victory........... Gray's performance is what stood out to me in game 2.

The point is that you weren't talking this noise after Game 2, which is when Hammon made the comment. You waited until A'ja had a subpar game to give your li'l hot take. That's a sucker move.

zune69

PostPosted: 10/16/23 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

The point is that you weren't talking this noise after Game 2, which is when Hammon made the comment. You waited until A'ja had a subpar game to give your li'l hot take. That's a sucker move.

All I said is that "Aja did not look like the MVP"...I was a taking shot at Hammon for her post-game comments, not Aja...I didn't see/hear Hammon's comments until the game 3 pregame... That is why I made no mention of them after game 2...I've said many times before that any one of the big 3 could've won MVP.....I also said Aja is arguably the best player in the world.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/16/23 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

All I said is that "Aja did not look like the MVP"...I was a taking shot at Hammon for her post-game comments, not Aja...I didn't see/hear Hammon's comments until the game 3 pregame... That is why I made no mention of them after game 2...I've said many times before that any one of the big 3 could've won MVP.....I also said Aja is arguably the best player in the world.

Timing could have been better.....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: