RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 02/08/24 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophie has been a part of every single piece of marketing for next season. I highly doubt she is getting traded Laughing

There is such thing as quality depth. I’m not sure why people are acting like Griner isn’t open to taking less to win, just like she did this past season.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/08/24 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It one thing when your C. Parker making huge money on TNT to take less at the end of your career

It’s another when you’re a top 10 player coming off a lost year and not playing over seas this off season where she usually made the vast majority of her income to play on a team where you get paid less than a “quality depth” player. 200k would be taking less Griner is the definition of a super max player 150k which is what R. Allen will be getting paid seems absurd.

I mean if that is what she is willing to take fine but seems strange her contract isn’t signed yet. I’m willing to bet Cunningham would have been in the EDD trade and EDD would have been on the cheaper contract so Griner could get her due).

(I think something is going on in NY as well the other place that hasn’t inked its deal with its big name core and other unrestricted free agent)

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 02/08/24 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
It one thing when your C. Parker making huge money on TNT to take less at the end of your career

It’s another when you’re a top 10 player coming off a lost year and not playing over seas this off season where she usually made the vast majority of her income to play on a team where you get paid less than a “quality depth” player. 200k would be taking less Griner is the definition of a super max player 150k which is what R. Allen will be getting paid seems absurd.

I mean if that is what she is willing to take fine but seems strange her contract isn’t signed yet. I’m willing to bet Cunningham would have been in the EDD trade and EDD would have been on the cheaper contract so Griner could get her due).

(I think something is going on in NY as well the other place that hasn’t inked its deal with its big name core and other unrestricted free agent)

FWIW, Griner just inked a book deal that is likely paying her substantially more than her W contract and her former overseas contract.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/08/24 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

FWIW, Griner just inked a book deal that is likely paying her substantially more than her W contract and her former overseas contract.

Ok that is a horse of a different color and now it makes sense. Thanks

mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/09/24 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Also, Brit gets flown in private, which is necessary but also a form of compensation.

PostPosted: 02/09/24 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Friday, February 9, 2024
Mikiah Herbert Harrigan signed a Training Camp Contract with the Phoenix Mercury.

Natasha Mack signed a Training Camp Contract with the Phoenix Mercury.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 02/14/24 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/14/24 5:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Tuesday, February 13 2024

Amy Atwell signed a Training Camp Contract with the Phoenix Mercury.

Very Happy

Her game has matured nicely this WNBL season, to the point where she would be getting close to Opals squad consideration. Glad someone has been keeping tabs on her.

PostPosted: 02/14/24 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, to be honest my reaction to the Atwell signing was "I guess we've reached the camp filler stage of free agency" but then I checked the numbers she's putting up in Australia at the moment. Obviously there's a big gap between WNBL and WNBA but looks like she might at least be a meaningfully different player than the one we saw for five minutes in the US before.

PostPosted: 03/10/24 7:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thursday, March 7, 2024
Mya Hollingshed signed a Training Camp Contract with the Phoenix Mercury.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/30/24 7:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Official WNBA social media is saying Griner has been re-signed, but nothing is showing up in the transactions section yet. Not seeing any details on the contract.

SPD

PostPosted: 03/30/24 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy has it as $150k

"Source confirms that Brittney Griner has re-signed with the Phoenix Mercury on a one-year contract, protected, for $150,000.

That's basically the most they could legally give her without further trades. Final five roster spots all will have to be on the base minimum."

https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1773927414118093158

Shades

PostPosted: 03/30/24 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s an interesting lineup. Big 5, smaller 4’s. Must be a 4-out system.

Cloud/
Taurasi/Sutton
Copper/
Allen/Cunningham
Griner/

Training Camp Contracts
Amy Atwell
Morgan Bertsch
Mikiah Herbert Harrigan
Mya Hollingshed
Natasha Mack
Sug Sutton
Christyn Williams

Picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: