RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zune69

PostPosted: 02/06/24 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar signs with a new team and she's still on Twitter yapping about the Mercury drama from 2 seasons ago......Seattle is a legit title contender but she still has Phoenix on her mind.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/06/24 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Skylar signs with a new team and she's still on Twitter yapping about the Mercury drama from 2 seasons ago......Seattle is a legit title contender but she still has Phoenix on her mind.

If people want her to stop talking about it, stop tagging her and calling out her name. She is responding to people, not bring it up randomly.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/06/24 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

If people want her to stop talking about it, stop tagging her and calling out her name. She is responding to people, not bring it up randomly.

Or maybe Skylar should stop responding to random people on the internet....Celebs/Athletes get tagged all the time...That doesn't mean they have to respond....Especially for something that happened 2 years ago while playing for another franchise.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/06/24 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Or maybe Skylar should stop responding to random people on the internet....Celebs/Athletes get tagged all the time...That doesn't mean they have to respond....Especially for something that happened 2 years ago while playing for another franchise.

Why so they can continue to spread false things about her and other people involved. If you don't know what you are talking about you shouldn't say it. (Not you, the people she is responding to), but everyone feels they can say whatever they think is true about people and put it out in the world, so in those situations I have no issue with athletes/celebrities or even regular people correcting false information.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/06/24 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If what she's saying is true, the earth being scorched behind her *deserves* to be salted.

PostPosted: 02/06/24 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Why so they can continue to spread false things about her and other people involved. If you don't know what you are talking about you shouldn't say it. (Not you, the people she is responding to), but everyone feels they can say whatever they think is true about people and put it out in the world, so in those situations I have no issue with athletes/celebrities or even regular people correcting false information.

Skylar should just tell her side of the story and be done with it...Carrying the Phoenix drama to Seattle isn't fair to her teammates...Reacting to comments on social media every time you feel slighted is going to mentally wear Skylar down

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/06/24 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
If what she's saying is true, the earth being scorched behind her *deserves* to be salted.

X_____

Whew, I can’t say I’m surprised to hear about any of these allegations.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/06/24 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

I’m starting to wonder if Skylar is one of the people who spoke up about Sarver.

PostPosted: 02/06/24 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I’m starting to wonder if Skylar is one of the people who spoke up about Sarver.

That definitely crossed my mind as well.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 02/07/24 2:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is something decidedly tone deaf about the Phoenix Mercury, with Girl Dad and all that. I don't doubt that there may have been a cringeworthy moment like the "Happy Black History Month" episode Skylar mentions. The other allegations, if they're not exaggerations, are much more serious, and worthy of the salted earth treatment recommended above. But if this really were a problem, why on earth would someone like Natasha Cloud choose to go to Phoenix?

I have to admit that I don't like Skylar, but the reason I don't like her is relevant: I can't stand the way she consistently flops and plays the victim when she doesn't get the call. That can't help but influence the way I'm looking at this.

These are allegations of microaggressions from someone who is known to exaggerate. A lot of it is hearsay. This happened on two separate teams for two separate reasons. I've observed the way people who are at fault for losing their job often behave, and this is consistent with that (though certainly not proof of it).

You can't discount what Skylar says just because she flops on a court, but I'm more inclined to trust Natasha's Cloud's judgement more than Skylar's hearsay unless Skylar is willing to pursue this matter further. If not, I feel fairly certain that if there is indeed a problem, Natasha will not be afraid to speak up about it.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/07/24 7:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meesseman would be a nice option (Post Olympics) for Phoenix if they can't land EDD.....Signing Hawkins is also an option

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/07/24 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Meesseman would be a nice option (Post Olympics) for Phoenix if they can't land EDD.....Signing Hawkins is also an option

Meeseman would be a good pickup. But I don't know if they can afford to pay her and Griner. Hawkins would a cheaper alternative. So would Ruthy Hebard. Hebard would be so happy to get another WNBA gig that she would rebound every ball that comes off the rim, like Moses Malone.

PostPosted: 02/07/24 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:

You can't discount what Skylar says just because she flops on a court, but I'm more inclined to trust Natasha's Cloud's judgement more than Skylar's hearsay unless Skylar is willing to pursue this matter further. If not, I feel fairly certain that if there is indeed a problem, Natasha will not be afraid to speak up about it.

Here is the real issue, Sarver.

If she’s talking about bad interactions she’s had with her him - he’s got enough allegations that there is likely truth to it.

However, her comments about the broadcasting situation are definitely playing the victim. No shit they were going in a different direction. She made it clear she was not going to play for the Mercury - she’s not going to continue to get the broadcasting spot meant for a member of the Mercury. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/07/24 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:

If she’s talking about bad interactions she’s had with her him - he’s got enough allegations that there is likely truth to it.

However, her comments about the broadcasting situation are definitely playing the victim. No shit they were going in a different direction. She made it clear she was not going to play for the Mercury - she’s not going to continue to get the broadcasting spot meant for a member of the Mercury. Laughing

I didn't know about Sarver. I just checked that out, and it is most definitely relevant and something I didn't consider. My question still remains though: why is Natasha Cloud going there, given this information?

mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/07/24 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:

I didn't know about Sarver. I just checked that out, and it is most definitely relevant and something I didn't consider. My question still remains though: why is Natasha Cloud going there, given this information?

Because Sarver is no longer the owner. Ishbia is. Sarver was thrown out because of what he’s done in the past.

Some of the board didn’t like his coaching hire. But he’s shown he’s willing to spend a lot of money on the Merc. They’re getting a new training center for themselves, he brought the all star game to Phoenix. He got a member of the Golden State FO to become the GM (if you don’t know NBA, generally considered the best FO in the league) , he’s advocating for charter flights/flights on his private plane…and hired Toliver as an assistant.

Players run to owners willing to spend money. It’s not surprise players want to go to Phoenix with the new owner.

Also, she’s very close friends with Beal. Him being in Phoenix is a bonus.

PostPosted: 02/07/24 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:

Because Sarver is no longer the owner. Ishbia is. Sarver was thrown out because of what he’s done in the past.

Some of the board didn’t like his coaching hire. But he’s shown he’s willing to spend a lot of money on the Merc. They’re getting a new training center for themselves, he brought the all star game to Phoenix. He got a member of the Golden State FO to become the GM (if you don’t know NBA, generally considered the best FO in the league) , he’s advocating for charter flights/flights on his private plane…and hired Toliver as an assistant.

Players run to owners willing to spend money. It’s not surprise players want to go to Phoenix with the new owner.

Also, she’s very close friends with Beal. Him being in Phoenix is a bonus.

OK, that makes more sense now. Thanks for getting me up to speed!

So these moves of course make Phoenix a good team. The question is, what are they planning on doing at power forward? Is the plan to go small and depend on Griner being enough to make up for it?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/07/24 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could be doing the math wrong but if PX goes all minimums to fill out to 10 they only have about 150k left for Griner?

Does that seem too low? Could she go somewhere else? Or take the season off? or is my math wrong? or are we waiting on a Cunningham trade to free up more cap Griner before signs?

zune69

PostPosted: 02/08/24 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cunningham would obviously be part of any EDD trade or have to be traded....The acquisitions of Allen/Copper were clear signs that Sophie was going to get traded.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/08/24 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kahleah Copper heats up the Phoenix Mercury’s championship chase

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/08/24 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Cunningham would obviously be part of any EDD trade or have to be traded....The acquisitions of Allen/Copper were clear signs that Sophie was going to get traded.

welp, with Delle Donne off the table, now what do they do with those three?

PostPosted: 02/08/24 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Our starters are Cloud, Taurasi, Copper, Allen, Brit..and we actually have someone of quality off the bench in Sophie.

I think Brit signs another smaller one year deal, and will get her payday next season

PostPosted: 02/08/24 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Our starters are Cloud, Taurasi, Copper, Allen, Brit..and we actually have someone of quality off the bench in Sophie.

I think Brit signs another smaller one year deal, and will get her payday next season

Or she or a family member gets an "endorsement" deal.

PostPosted: 02/08/24 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Or she or a family member gets an "endorsement" deal.

Yup..again, Ishbia is willing to spend money.. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/08/24 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
zune69 wrote:

As mercfan3 said...Cloud/Taurasi/Copper/Allen/Brit will be starting 5 until they can acquire a PF.....I think Phoenix should target Hawkins,Meesseman, and Hamby.

LA would probably do Cunningham for Hamby straight up

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/08/24 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PX has to trade Cunningham for a pick or player on a much cheaper contract than Cunningham’s 153k it is one thing for a player to take less but there is no world where Griner should make Les than Cunningham, Allen, Turner or Jefferson, etc

Trade Cunningham to a team with more cap maybe looking to improve or compete for someone like Hillmon, Horston, SWK, Egbo, Evans, Kone, Carrington, Harris or a late or future first round pick, get a useable young player and free up enough cap to pay Griner 200k and maybe even afford a vet minimum instead of just straight up minimums to fill out the bench

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: