Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zune69

PostPosted: 10/23/23 6:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
zune69 wrote:
If Phoenix gets the #1 pick and drafts Clark...I wouldn't be shocked if they give T.Charles a 2nd look....Tina's first stint with Phoenix was a recipe for disaster......Acquiring Howard, Nneka, Sabally or Parker (ATL) should also be an option.....If Clark/Bueckers aren't on the board when it's the Mercury's turn to select, they should target Edwards or Reese.

If anyone takes Angel Reese over Cameron Brink they need to have their heads examined.

Brink would also be an option...but I'm a little hesitant with Stanford players. With the exception of Nneka, Stanford players over the last 10 years really haven't had that much success.

Lexie Hull
Jayne Appel
Alanna Smith
Kayla Pedersen
Haley Jones (Remains to be seen)

Chiney Had a couple of good seasons but that's about it.

Stanford getting upset by Ole Miss also left a bad taste in my mouth.

ucbart

PostPosted: 10/23/23 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
zune69 wrote:
If Phoenix gets the #1 pick and drafts Clark...I wouldn't be shocked if they give T.Charles a 2nd look....Tina's first stint with Phoenix was a recipe for disaster......Acquiring Howard, Nneka, Sabally or Parker (ATL) should also be an option.....If Clark/Bueckers aren't on the board when it's the Mercury's turn to select, they should target Edwards or Reese.

If anyone takes Angel Reese over Cameron Brink they need to have their heads examined.

Brink would also be an option...but I'm a little hesitant with Stanford players. With the exception of Nneka, Stanford players over the last 10 years really haven't had that much success.

Lexie Hull
Jayne Appel
Alanna Smith
Kayla Pedersen

I totally get that, but Brink is an entirely different beast to me. Watch her game against South Carolina last year. She dominated that game and was better than Boston.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/23/23 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
zune69 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Lexie Hull
Jayne Appel
Alanna Smith
Kayla Pedersen

I totally get that, but Brink is an entirely different beast to me. Watch her game against South Carolina last year. She dominated that game and was better than Boston.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 10/23/23 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Lexie Hull

Jayne Appel
Alanna Smith
Kayla Pedersen

Alanna Smith just had a good season. She might be turning into a good player.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 10/23/23 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Agreed. Why would PHX want a worse offensive and defensive player in Reese when they already have Turner? If it’s not Cam Brink, then PHX should consider Rickea Jackson if Clark or Bueckers don’t declare or are unavailable.

Minnesota wouldn’t do this, but Dorka Juhasz would’ve been an excellent piece next to BG due to her length and passing ability. She also was a tough defender this season. I don’t really see any realistic options for PHX in terms of free agency as I don’t think the draft would be enough to fix the issues the roster had.

DTP

PostPosted: 10/23/23 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't really get into conspiracy stuff but just like Parker in LA with LL on her way out, I absolutely see Phx getting the #1 here. DT, BG....."rewarding" the new owner that's throwing money into the franchise....Clark will absolutely be on this team.

zune69

PostPosted: 10/23/23 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
I don't really get into conspiracy stuff but just like Parker in LA with LL on her way out, I absolutely see Phx getting the #1 here. DT, BG....."rewarding" the new owner that's throwing money into the franchise....Clark will absolutely be on this team.

If LA, Seattle or Phoenix gets the #1 pick people will also say the fix was in.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/24/23 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brink is a top 5 pick , but im anxious to see her this season without Haley Jones . Alot of brinks points were created by Jones finding her. This year she will need to find ways to create her own shot and actually put on some more muscle before i state she needs to be picked before the rebounding machine Angel reese.....Reese has mobility to play 3-5 and bring the ball up the floor , her shot is terrible but most times she's going to get the rebound.

PostPosted: 10/24/23 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Brink is a top 5 pick , but im anxious to see her this season without Haley Jones . Alot of brinks points were created by Jones finding her. This year she will need to find ways to create her own shot and actually put on some more muscle before i state she needs to be picked before the rebounding machine Angel reese.....Reese has mobility to play 3-5 and bring the ball up the floor , her shot is terrible but most times she's going to get the rebound.

Reese won’t be playing 3-5 in the pros and she doesn’t have many post moves. I’m not sure rebounding is enough to warrant picking somebody with a lottery pick when there’s many other holes on both sides of the ball. I also think saying a lot of Brink’s points were created by Jones isn’t necessarily fair either; Cam has the ability to score in multiple ways and that was evident as the season went on. Can also has mobility to bring the ball up as she’s lead transition breaks often too. I think she’s comfortably the best post prospect in college this year.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/24/23 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Reese won’t be playing 3-5 in the pros and she doesn’t have many post moves. I’m not sure rebounding is enough to warrant picking somebody with a lottery pick when there’s many other holes on both sides of the ball. I also think saying a lot of Brink’s points were created by Jones isn’t necessarily fair either; Cam has the ability to score in multiple ways and that was evident as the season went on. Can also has mobility to bring the ball up as she’s lead transition breaks often too. I think she’s comfortably the best post prospect in college this year.

Id say she's #2 depending on how Lee looks shes always been the #1 prospect although injury could hurt her. I love brinks Game she just needs to get stronger , the things she does in College she has a small chance of doing in the W and you could say that for most college players if not all , but translation wise being able to move Reese around the floor will benefit her more than Brink "bringing the ball up the court in transition" Laughing Laughing Her ability to stretch the floor will be what potential is based on for cameron. People like to compare her to Lobo and i dont like it , yeah she's scrawny but has a great IQ like Ruth Riley.

PostPosted: 10/24/23 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Id say she's #2 depending on how Lee looks shes always been the #1 prospect although injury could hurt her. I love brinks Game she just needs to get stronger , the things she does in College she has a small chance of doing in the W and you could say that for most college players if not all , but translation wise being able to move Reese around the floor will benefit her more than Brink "bringing the ball up the court in transition" Laughing Laughing Her ability to stretch the floor will be what potential is based on for cameron. People like to compare her to Lobo and i dont like it , yeah she's scrawny but has a great IQ like Ruth Riley.

You mentioned Reese’s mobility to play 3-5 and bring the ball up the court in your original post. The manner you did it insinuated that Cameron doesn’t have that ball handling aspect in her game, when she absolutely does. Don’t twist your intent when you’re being countered because your original assertions don’t make sense.

Reese doesn’t even move around the floor in college, so what makes you think that’s going to be what happens in the pros? You just mentioned she hasn’t shown the ability to stretch the floor at this point, so how is she playing all those positions? Sure, Cam could get stronger. But, Angel also struggled with every Brazilian’s strength and physicality just this summer at AmeriCup. So that could be said for everyone coming out of college. As of now, I’m sure the top 3 picks should be Clark, Bueckers, and Brink if they all declared.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/24/23 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

You mentioned Reese’s mobility to play 3-5 and bring the ball up the court in your original post. The manner you did it insinuated that Cameron doesn’t have that ball handling aspect in her game, when she absolutely does. Don’t twist your intent when you’re being countered because your original assertions don’t make sense.

Reese doesn’t even move around the floor in college, so what makes you think that’s going to be what happens in the pros? You just mentioned she hasn’t shown the ability to stretch the floor at this point, so how is she playing all those positions? Sure, Cam could get stronger. But, Angel also struggled with every Brazilian’s strength and physicality just this summer at AmeriCup. So that could be said for everyone coming out of college. As of now, I’m sure the top 3 picks should be Clark, Bueckers, and Brink if they all declared.

There was no twist , She does not have that ability and if she does its never been as effective as when Angel does it. Relax you have your opinion i have mines ....let's let the season play out first .

PostPosted: 10/24/23 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The best rebounder outside of their area in college basketball does not move around the floor ? Tell me you watch her vesus just seeing her John Cena Clark in the nati game ? Angel can facilitate drive , rebound her own miss and others as well and initiate the offense with no problem . Why do you think they won the Title last season ? Of course you think the top 3 picks should be those 3.....its clear where you stand Arrow Arrow Arrow Laughing Laughing

Top 5
Clark
Bueckers
Jackson
Reese
Brink or Lee

As you see idc what color or past you have its all about if you can BALL.

PostPosted: 10/24/23 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The best rebounder outside of their area in college basketball does not move around the floor ? Tell me you watch her vesus just seeing her John Cena Clark in the nati game ? Angel can facilitate drive , rebound her own miss and others as well and initiate the offense with no problem . Why do you think they won the Title last season ? Of course you think the top 3 picks should be those 3.....its clear where you stand Arrow Arrow Arrow Laughing Laughing

Top 5
Clark
Bueckers
Jackson
Reese
Brink or Lee

What are you talking about? You said Reese’s mobility to play 3 positions allows her to move all around the floor. Now you’re saying it’s her rebounding that’s going to allow that? Laughing Again, don’t pull your usual foolishness with me. If you’re going to have a discussion, leave your generalizations and assertions out, especially if you have no idea what you’re talking about. You know absolutely nothing about me.

And yes, considering Seattle, Phoenix and Indiana need long term guard solutions, Clark and Bueckers would without a doubt be the first two selected. I doubt LA would pass on either. In all those scenarios, Brink should be next. Considering the original debate was about Phoenix’s needs, Brink currently makes more sense than Reese. The Mercury already have an offensively limited post, why would they need another? Especially since the organization has stated the focus will be creating a roster that emphasizes spacing around BG. Brink has shown the ability to stretch to the perimeter, Reese hasn’t shown that yet. See how that works?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/24/23 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Its clear you dont understand the best rebounders in WNBA history rebound outside there area which is caused by them "Moving Around the Floor" to get the Rebound. That's a perk when being considered a draft pick and i know plenty of GM's who agree so , Btw PHX needs will be way more than what they have today by the season's start if you truly follow that team and what's happening right now .... Next Caller Arrow Arrow Sorry Merc fans .

PostPosted: 10/24/23 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Its clear you dont understand the best rebounders in WNBA history rebound outside there area which is caused by them "Moving Around the Floor" to get the Rebound. That's a perk when being considered a draft pick and i know plenty of GM's who agree so .... Next Caller Arrow Arrow Sorry Merc fans .

And it’s clear you don’t understand diction and insinuations. Just be sure to keep your generalizations and assumptions about the character of others to a minimum. Making assertions about anyone’s character when you’re extremely unfamiliar will always be unbecoming.

It’s also clear you aren’t as familiar with Brink’s game as originally claimed. I suggest Pac-12 Network before it goes extinct. YouTube is also free.
Couldn’t care less about who you know btw Wink

Last edited by TotalCardinalMove on 10/24/23 4:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/24/23 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Overall its clear you just want to argue and have no information or substance to back it up so i could care less im done btw , my team does not need neither and im absolutely ecstatic about it . You root for your homer and that's fine shes talented but trying to devalue someone else in the process is not necessary .

PostPosted: 10/24/23 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Now that i rewind , When was i ever even talking to you ? Shocked Laughing

PostPosted: 10/25/23 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Top 5
Clark
Bueckers
Jackson
Reese
Brink or Lee

What are you talking about? You said Reese’s mobility to play 3 positions allows her to move all around the floor. Now you’re saying it’s her rebounding that’s going to allow that? Laughing Again, don’t pull your usual foolishness with me. If you’re going to have a discussion, leave your generalizations and assertions out, especially if you have no idea what you’re talking about. You know absolutely nothing about me.

And yes, considering Seattle, Phoenix and Indiana need long term guard solutions, Clark and Bueckers would without a doubt be the first two selected. I doubt LA would pass on either. In all those scenarios, Brink should be next. Considering the original debate was about Phoenix’s needs, Brink currently makes more sense than Reese. The Mercury already have an offensively limited post, why would they need another? Especially since the organization has stated the focus will be creating a roster that emphasizes spacing around BG. Brink has shown the ability to stretch to the perimeter, Reese hasn’t shown that yet. See how that works?

Seattle and Phoenix need long term solutions in their backcourt. Indy is fine for years to come. We have a solid young core!
More than likely, Seattle and Phoenix will probably go with veterans. Especially Phoenix. They will have DT playing until she is 60!!

shontay33

PostPosted: 10/25/23 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As far as the draft, Phoenix could go either way. According to Tibbets,he wants to play uptempo and shoot lots of 3 ‘s. So Phoenix would have to get a stretch 4, or a point guard. If they get the #1 pick, they will definitely pick Clark. They need a point guard bad. With Clark, Moriah Jefferson can play off of the ball some. I am speculating that this team will be veteran heavy again because of DT so they may find a stretch 4 through free agency. Not sure how they will address the 3 position as Sophie can’t get her own shots. He may use her as a spot up shooter.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/26/23 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I seemed to forget the most likely coveted post in this draft with professional experience will be the main prize. Kamilla Cardoso , if she can develop and play like she played for the Brazilian National team she goes before Brink , Reese or Lee IMO.

PostPosted: 12/01/23 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Merc name Kristi Toliver associate head coach

https://mercury.wnba.com/news/phoenix-mercury-name-kristi-toliver-associate-head-coach/

Quote:
Toliver, the first active player in WNBA history to have served as an assistant coach in the NBA, brings more than a decade of playing and coaching experience to the Mercury.

PostPosted: 12/01/23 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

https://mercury.wnba.com/news/phoenix-mercury-name-kristi-toliver-associate-head-coach/

Quote:
Toliver, the first active player in WNBA history to have served as an assistant coach in the NBA, brings more than a decade of playing and coaching experience to the Mercury.

Was hoping she'd end up back in LA on the staff. But, nice pickup for the Murk.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/01/23 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

Washington fans are happy.

PostPosted: 12/02/23 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

Great hire. Definitely deserves the associate head coaching position. She has experience in the NBA and as a player in the WNBA. Good job Mercury covering yourselves because the head coaching hire had me wondering how that was going to work without having any experience with the WNBA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: