RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/07/24 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Indiana is going to easily be the worst defensive team in the league...Their perimeter defense is awful.....Clark/Mitchell/KLS are going to be a turnstile.....This is why I wanted them to go after SDS or Cloud......I hope they can cancel out the bad defense with a very good offense.

Built like the Liberty, who was the best team with the worst perimeter defense in the league. The Lib's outside defense is somewhat saved by Betnijah, while the Fever sink deeper into the defensive hole with KLS. The Fever will quickly find out that Lexi Hull needs to be on the floor with Clark/Mitchell to even slightly provide ANY defense outside.

~rAf
SPD

PostPosted: 03/21/24 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana waives Victoria Vivians.

https://fever.wnba.com/news/fever-waive-victoria-vivians/

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/21/24 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SPD wrote:

Yikes , i think they were 1 year too late with this move tbh . She should be able to find a new team though . Indiana seems high on Low shooter Hull but at least she can defend . Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/21/24 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SPD wrote:

They getting rid of V.V. to make room for C.C.

PostPosted: 03/21/24 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Defense wins championship. But this team is not there obviously. So, who cares about defense? Give me offense. Run and shoot. Bring excitement to the league and let's go!

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
bryan_february_

PostPosted: 03/22/24 2:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SPD wrote:

I thought Hull would be the one getting cut. Rolling Eyes

Anyways, I would like to see Vivians on another team. I think she could be a spark off the bench in the right situation. She just needs to work on getting her shot back to a decent percentage.

PostPosted: 03/22/24 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryan_february_ wrote:
SPD wrote:

Anyways, I would like to see Vivians on another team. I think she could be a spark off the bench in the right situation. She just needs to work on getting her shot back to a decent percentage.

Clark is going to be taking shots that the small forwards used to take -- and since Lexie shouldn't shoot, it all works out.

PostPosted: 03/22/24 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryan_february_ wrote:
SPD wrote:

Hull has been killing it in AU ball.

PostPosted: 03/22/24 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:
SPD wrote:

I hope Vivians gets a look from someone too. Yes, Hull has looked really good in AU. The Fever are going to be really interesting this year for sure!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/22/24 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
wnbafan wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:
SPD wrote:

I hope Vivians gets a look from someone too. Yes, Hull has looked really good in AU. The Fever are going to be really interesting this year for sure!

Hull was good in AU last season as well and clanked every shot for the fever during the season .Overall Hull is cheaper than Vivians so the cut makes sense .

PostPosted: 03/22/24 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're going to be paying Vivians 90k to not play for them. This wasn't really about cash.

All this franchise's experience with dumping dead money from awful contracts - including now with Vivians - and they still gave over half a million guaranteed dollars to KLS/Dantas this year. Even with the obvious difficulty in getting people to come to the Fever, not convinced by either of those deals...

PostPosted: 04/16/24 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ndD1anocAcw?si=1VpeBc9sJd5OCsPH" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/24 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://theathletic.com/5424729/2024/04/17/caitlin-clark-nike-endorsement-indiana-fever-wnba/

Quote:
Indiana Fever rookie phenom Caitlin Clark — the No. 1 pick in Monday’s WNBA draft — is nearing a lucrative, eight-figure endorsement deal with Nike, industry sources tell The Athletic.

Clark is expected to receive a signature Nike shoe as well, those sources said. Under Armour and Adidas also made sizable offers to Clark, two industry sources said.

Clark’s previous deal with Nike ended after the conclusion of the recently finished college basketball season, which allowed her to hit the market at the peak of her popularity.

See, now you can fully explain it to the WNBA haters on the various message boards that Caitlin Clark is NOT taking a pay cut to go to the WNBA. She needed to leave the NCAA to get a bidding war going for her endorsement services.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 04/18/24 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8UxRQOSFsuc?si=DgnriowHjGrpahzJ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 04/22/24 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://fever.wnba.com/news/indiana-fever-and-tegna-announce-partnership-to-broadcast-games-locally-on-wthr-and-walv/

Quote:
Seventeen games will be shown for free over the air on WTHR or WALV, TEGNA’s NBC and MeTV affiliates in Indianapolis

pilight

PostPosted: 04/25/24 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Celeste Taylor and Leilani Correa signed rookie scale contracts with the Indiana Fever, according to WNBA transactions

Note that Clark has not been reported as signing

PostPosted: 04/25/24 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If this is everyone they have to chose from, my preliminary cuts would be Correa, Saxon, and probably someone from the Berger/Caldwell/Wallace group.

I’m a little sketch on Fagbenle. When was the last time she played in the league?

willtalk

PostPosted: 04/26/24 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
https://theathletic.com/5424729/2024/04/17/caitlin-clark-nike-endorsement-indiana-fever-wnba/

Quote:
Indiana Fever rookie phenom Caitlin Clark — the No. 1 pick in Monday’s WNBA draft — is nearing a lucrative, eight-figure endorsement deal with Nike, industry sources tell The Athletic.

Clark is expected to receive a signature Nike shoe as well, those sources said. Under Armour and Adidas also made sizable offers to Clark, two industry sources said.

Clark’s previous deal with Nike ended after the conclusion of the recently finished college basketball season, which allowed her to hit the market at the peak of her popularity.

See, now you can fully explain it to the WNBA haters on the various message boards that Caitlin Clark is NOT taking a pay cut to go to the WNBA. She needed to leave the NCAA to get a bidding war going for her endorsement services.
So perhaps now there should be a call for an investigation in to the role the Indiana Fever played in getting her that contract. Perhaps fines or reduction of draft picks are in order.

PostPosted: 04/26/24 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Shades wrote:

Quote:

So perhaps now there should be a call for an investigation in to the role the Indiana Fever played in getting her that contract. Perhaps fines or reduction of draft picks are in order.

Random accusation? Weird.

I’ll try to keep it simple for you. Nike gave Ionescu a huge shoe deal including a signature shoe. Caitlin Clark is now a lot bigger deal than Ionescu. If Nike wanted Clark on their team, they needed to at least match what they gave Ionescu.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/26/24 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

She couldn't have signed another shoe deal as a 5th year college player? Maybe it had to be for one year only per some NCAA rule, but that would have been a big year as she is a proven superstar and attendence and ratings draw in college.

willtalk

PostPosted: 04/27/24 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
willtalk wrote:
Shades wrote:

Quote:

Random accusation? Weird.

I’ll try to keep it simple for you. Nike gave Ionescu a huge shoe deal including a signature shoe. Caitlin Clark is now a lot bigger deal than Ionescu. If Nike wanted Clark on their team, they needed to at least match what they gave Ionescu.
I had hope people would realize I was being facetious in response to people wanting the Aces investigated and fined big time. My point being that in the scheme of things WNBA salaries often take a back seat to brand names in respect to monitary value. For players coming out of college with little brand value, the can at least achieve some though associations with winning teams or in popular markets.

PostPosted: 04/27/24 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the basement to the spotlight how this franchise needed this turnaround badly.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: