View previous topic :: View next topic  
shontay33

PostPosted: 02/03/24 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
tfan wrote:
Fever have apparently signed Katie Lou Samuelson.

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/article/katie-lou-samuelson-wnba-indiana-fever-18642381.php?src=stuconn

Quote:
"I thought she'd be perfect for a WNBA team if they had the right pieces, because they can put her, depending on the match-ups, anywhere. And teams keep trading for her because they know, if I have the pieces she's the missing piece," Auriemma said.

Yes! If they can get Clark this team is up there with the best. Talented, deep and hungry.

It's Fever Time!!! Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Any predictions on where they finish with Clark and KLS now added too this deep and hungry team?

With Samuelson signing, does this mean the end for Lexi Hull? They pretty much have the same skill set.

2. I thought we were building for the future? I guess not with signing two veterans who will more than likely be in the rotation if not starting at some point.

As someone rooting for Indy's youth-based rebuild to continue, I'm highly underwhelmed by the KLS signing. Well, not so much the signing itself, but the price tag.
(I wouldn't say she's all that similar to Hull. If it's the end for Hull then that's mostly self-inflicted. Seems like she left her perimeter shot at Stanford)

Dantas I'm good with.

Self inflicted how? Backcourt was and still is over crowded. Lexi actually improved especially on the defensive end. Even the commentators noticed. I disagree with them not having the same skill set as both are more or less shooters. I still say stick with Hull because she does the same things but at a lower cost.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/03/24 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

I think getting a star player to sign with Indiana in free agency is next to impossible. It’s just, not where anyone would want to play. They’ve been rebuilding for 8 years and despite some excellent picks, have shown minimal progress. They play to the smallest crowds and regularly get shuffled to bizarre venues. Until Indiana makes the playoffs like NY did prior to the Stewart signing, I can’t see a star player taking a chance on “trust us, we’ll get better” from the Fever.

Indy could've sign SDS....Skylar posted on Twitter that they had no interest in signing her

shontay33 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
The Indiana GM is a moron...Could've signed SDS or Cloud, then maybe made a trade for EDD, or signed another quality player.....However, I do like the Dantas signing.

We don’t need SDS. We have Mitchell and Wheeler. Cloud would have been an upgrade to Wheeler but who could have we got for Wheeler?
I don’t like EDD coming in and taking minutes from Smith. Even if Smith was traded to Washington, we would have had to give up another player who has helped us to match salary.

Mitchell nor Wheeler are SDS....Both play with a low basketball iq and are poor defenders....Could've easily dumped Wheeler by attaching a future 1st rd pk (2026)

DTP

PostPosted: 02/04/24 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Wheeler/Clark/Berger
Mitchell/Caldwell/Hull
KLS/Wallace/Vivians
Smith/Dantas
Boston/Fagbenle/Saxton

I can promise you, Clark isn't coming off the bench.

Clark/Wheeler
Mitchell/Berger/Wallace
KLS/Hull/Caldwell
Smith/Vivians/Saxton
Boston/Dantas/Fagbenle

Should be a very solid roster for a young team. I have the 12th roster spot coming down to Caldwell, Fagbenle, or Saxton....probably in that order.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/05/24 3:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana is going to easily be the worst defensive team in the league...Their perimeter defense is awful.....Clark/Mitchell/KLS are going to be a turnstile.....This is why I wanted them to go after SDS or Cloud......I hope they can cancel out the bad defense with a very good offense.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 02/05/24 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Fever have apparently signed Katie Lou Samuelson.

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/article/katie-lou-samuelson-wnba-indiana-fever-18642381.php?src=stuconn

Quote:
"I thought she'd be perfect for a WNBA team if they had the right pieces, because they can put her, depending on the match-ups, anywhere. And teams keep trading for her because they know, if I have the pieces she's the missing piece," Auriemma said.

Fourth team in five years does not mean a player is "sought after" but rather she's just hanging onto a spot. All the BS that she's a "guard tall enough to guard power forwards" is a joke. She guards front and backcourt equally badly. Her sister put in the work to earn a contract. I honestly don't understand why KLS still has a job in the WNBA.

Right. She isn't good.

PostPosted: 02/05/24 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy would've been better off signing Gabby...Give her a multi-year deal and let her sit out the season/or come back after the Olympics.....KLS is a waste of cap space

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/05/24 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Indy would've been better off signing Gabby...Give her a multi-year deal and let her sit out the season/or come back after the Olympics.....KLS is a waste of cap space

Since Gabby isn't planning on playing in 2024 no reason for her to sign a contract and tie herself to a team she won't be joining for a year and so many things change in one off season, like an expansion team coming in and some big name players becoming free agents better to weigh your options when you know the full landscape (or at least have a better idea) of how things will be than take a guess and sign a multiple year contract a year before you plan to play.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/05/24 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Since Gabby isn't planning on playing in 2024 no reason for her to sign a contract and tie herself to a team she won't be joining for a year and so many things change in one off season, like an expansion team coming in and some big name players becoming free agents better to weigh your options when you know the full landscape (or at least have a better idea) of how things will be than take a guess and sign a multiple year contract a year before you plan to play.

Makes sense...However, I think Indy would be a good landing spot for Gabby

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/29/24 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever front office must have been a happy place to be today when the official announcement was made.
I'm looking forward to Clarkmania injecting some energy back into this franchise and hopefully seeing that upper bowl open for business.

PostPosted: 03/01/24 3:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Things are looking up! Super stoked!!

PostPosted: 03/01/24 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Fever front office must have been a happy place to be today when the official announcement was made.
I'm looking forward to Clarkmania injecting some energy back into this franchise and hopefully seeing that upper bowl open for business.

Every game I've been to I've sat in the upper bowl!

PostPosted: 03/01/24 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Praying she can bring this franchise to success , as well as people not putting pressure on her like Lobo saying she will put up MVP numbers her first season . The transition from college to the pros is real ask Sabrina Ionescu . Oh how we have forgotten her so fast Crying or Very sad #Congrats CC lets logo the WNBA all summer

PostPosted: 03/01/24 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a tougher transition for guards, but Clark has the benefit of being the franchise's second consecutive #1 pick, behind a really strong top pick.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/01/24 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
It's a tougher transition for guards

The college game is a guard's game. The WNBA game really isn't.

PostPosted: 03/01/24 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
The transition from college to the pros is real ask Sabrina Ionescu.

She got hurt her rookie year, which started out hot, so I guess getting hurt can put a damper on anybody transitioning. You think she hasn’t transitioned well?

WNBA 09 wrote:

Oh how we have forgotten her so fast Crying or Very sad

I could have sworn that was her in the recent three point contest with Steph Curry.

WNBA 09 wrote:

#Congrats CC lets logo the WNBA all summer

Maybe the Fever should consider putting this on the Fieldhouse court.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/01/24 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
It's a tougher transition for guards, but Clark has the benefit of being the franchise's second consecutive #1 pick, behind a really strong top pick.

I'm going out on a limb, saying Clark will not have a better rookie season than Boston did.

~rAf
ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 03/01/24 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
The transition from college to the pros is real ask Sabrina Ionescu.

She got hurt her rookie year, which started out hot, so I guess getting hurt can put a damper on anybody transitioning. You think she hasn’t transitioned well?

To be fair, she didn't become Sabrina! until last year. She took a leap from year 2 to year 3, and another one from year 3 to 4.

First 3 years—.402 FG%, .331 3G%
Year 4—.423 FG%, .448 3G%
Off Rtg By Year—99, 100, 107, 115

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/01/24 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark/Wheeler
Mitchell/Wallace
KLS/Vivians
Smith/Dantas
Boston/Fagbenle

with Hull, Berger, Caldwell, Saxton and pick #15 fighting for the last two spots

(I wonder if there is a trade out there for Mitchell if Indy wants to lean full in on the new Clark era and open up shots. I am not saying they should but I could see it. Does Chicago decide to try and fight the rebuild offer their first round pick in 25, maybe a vet like Harrison, throw in pick 8 or 13 or Turner, build around Mitchell, Mabery and pick #3? I could see it. Again not sure it would be the best choice but could see it)

Shades

PostPosted: 03/02/24 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/03/24 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"We Gonna Light Yo Asses Up"

Boston, Clark, Mitchell... 3 of the greatest to ever play the college game and two the WNBA.

Smith...a solid PF

KLS and Dantas...3 point shooters with size. This is the kind of team KLS fits. Give her some space and let's see how she does. If not, it's not the end of the world.

Berger should have a breakout year.

Vivians should be motivated to get better.

Wheeler, Hull, Wallace, Fagbenie

Indiana has the first pick/option of the Waived players.

I like the team and will be a big fan...There's no requirement that they have to win the WNBA Championship.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 03/04/24 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

hmmm has demand at least doubled?

tfan

PostPosted: 03/04/24 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Fever should just go for selling more tickets for now. Double the price after they start selling out. Appeared to be a lot of empty states in that arena.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 03/06/24 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
The Fever should just go for selling more tickets for now. Double the price after they start selling out. Appeared to be a lot of empty states in that arena.

Agreed. If they double the price of tickets, but attendance only goes from 4500 to 5500, that's hardly a win.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
boogiezen

PostPosted: 03/06/24 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark will help this team off the court (maybe WNBA as a whole) BUT I don't know if it's sustainable. It's not fair to her either. People will get curious at first.

When it comes to the actual games, they should give her the greenlight. High-octane offensive system with a fast pace and lots of 3-pointers should be fun basketball and maybe it will bring more casuals. Her and Boston will be unstoppable in the PnR actions. Heck, I saw Hannah Stuelke of Iowa scored 47 points one time just to catch all the passes and did her thing.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/07/24 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The graphic says that 'doubled' stat is via Vivid Seats, which is a reselling website. Presumably it's there that prices have doubled, not the Fever just doubling the face values themselves.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: