RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2024
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 09/10/23 4:32 pm    ::: Indiana Fever 2024 Reply Reply with quote

Exceeded expectations, and they appear to have laid a nice foundation for the future. Optimism is high going into next year, but will they be able to gain ground on the other teams in the offseason? What other pieces can they add?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/10/23 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not usually a fan of back to back number one picks but Indy needs Clark and Clark seems up for the challenge of Indy.

First off Clark/Boston seems like a match made in heaven two future all-stars and probably Olympians is what will finally bring Indy back to contention. Not to mention their game will compliment each other perfectly and provide an inside/out structure that you can then build the rest of the team around.

Also Clark chose to play in Iowa and stay in Iowa while I am sure many more glamorous programs courted her and probably try to get her to transfer. Indy needs someone who will be happy to play in the Midwest and who has the confidence to think they can bring Indy to the top, Clark seems to be a great fit for that role.

I could see some saying Clark/Mitchell two ball dominant scorers won't work together on the perimeter which is possible but, Mitchell might actually benefit from an elite table setter and playing more off the ball as well as defenses won't be able to key in on her as much.

If Indy doesn't get the number or number one pick maybe try to trade up for it I'm not sure it works but would one of the other lottery teams accept a lottery pick and one of Mitchell or N. Smith to move up for Clark. I can already hear Indy fans saying too much and anyone else who gets the number one pick saying not enough so could be about right. The other idea would be Indy's lottery pick in 24 and first round pick in 25. Again seems like a lot but that is how much I am convinced Clark (and Boston) is what solves Indy's problems and bring them back to contention in a few seasons.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/11/23 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana needs an upgrade at the SF position . Right now i can only see Power's with this group improving that position .

PostPosted: 09/12/23 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Indiana needs an upgrade at the SF position . Right now i can only see Power's with this group improving that position .

I don't remember - why did Diamond Deshields not play this past season? Was she injured?

I am wondering about her as a possibility.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 09/12/23 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I don't remember - why did Diamond Deshields not play this past season? Was she injured?

I was watching the game the other day and they said it was a knee injury that kept her out all season. Not sure if she's still under Dallas' control for 2024 or not.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/27/24 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Friday, January 26, 2024
Maya Caldwell signed a Training Camp Contract with the Indiana Fever

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/28/24 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I was watching the game the other day and they said it was a knee injury that kept her out all season. Not sure if she's still under Dallas' control for 2024 or not.

She’s free to go

PostPosted: 01/28/24 4:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h3dUxkTakVM?si=ACnMFZUV3m6_BalH" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 02/01/24 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dantas is a nice signing.

PostPosted: 02/01/24 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever have apparently signed Katie Lou Samuelson.

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/article/katie-lou-samuelson-wnba-indiana-fever-18642381.php?src=stuconn

Quote:
"I thought she'd be perfect for a WNBA team if they had the right pieces, because they can put her, depending on the match-ups, anywhere. And teams keep trading for her because they know, if I have the pieces she's the missing piece," Auriemma said.

Auriemma used to give similar qualified praise about Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis.

Last edited by tfan on 02/06/24 12:16 am; edited 2 times in total
RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/02/24 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/article/katie-lou-samuelson-wnba-indiana-fever-18642381.php?src=stuconn

Quote:
"I thought she'd be perfect for a WNBA team if they had the right pieces, because they can put her, depending on the match-ups, anywhere. And teams keep trading for her because they know, if I have the pieces she's the missing piece," Auriemma said.

Yes! If they can get Clark this team is up there with the best. Talented, deep and hungry.

It's Fever Time!!!

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/02/24 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Quote:

Yes! If they can get Clark this team is up there with the best. Talented, deep and hungry.

It's Fever Time!!! Very Happy

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/24 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
tfan wrote:

Quote:

Laughing Laughing Any predictions on where they finish with Clark and KLS now added too this deep and hungry team?

PostPosted: 02/02/24 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
tfan wrote:

Quote:

Laughing Laughing Any predictions on where they finish with Clark and KLS now added too this deep and hungry team?

With Samuelson signing, does this mean the end for Lexi Hull? They pretty much have the same skill set.

2. I thought we were building for the future? I guess not with signing two veterans who will more than likely be in the rotation if not starting at some point.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/02/24 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Indiana GM is a moron...Could've signed SDS or Cloud, then maybe made a trade for EDD, or signed another quality player.....However, I do like the Dantas signing.

Last edited by zune69 on 02/02/24 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/02/24 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
tfan wrote:

Quote:

With Samuelson signing, does this mean the end for Lexi Hull? They pretty much have the same skill set.

2. I thought we were building for the future? I guess not with signing two veterans who will more than likely be in the rotation if not starting at some point.

As someone rooting for Indy's youth-based rebuild to continue, I'm highly underwhelmed by the KLS signing. Well, not so much the signing itself, but the price tag.
(I wouldn't say she's all that similar to Hull. If it's the end for Hull then that's mostly self-inflicted. Seems like she left her perimeter shot at Stanford)

Dantas I'm good with.

PostPosted: 02/02/24 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lexie Hull is a dramatically better defender than KLS who is pretty terrible at the whole defense thing.

PostPosted: 02/03/24 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Quote:

Fourth team in five years does not mean a player is "sought after" but rather she's just hanging onto a spot. All the BS that she's a "guard tall enough to guard power forwards" is a joke. She guards front and backcourt equally badly. Her sister put in the work to earn a contract. I honestly don't understand why KLS still has a job in the WNBA.

~rAf
eyevolley4

PostPosted: 02/03/24 4:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would have been much more excited if the Fever signed Karlie Samuelson. This contract is only survivable because they have an insane amount of cap space and will have the lowest average salary for their starters in the entire league (save for perhaps the baby sparks… do do do do doooo)

PostPosted: 02/03/24 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
This contract is only survivable because they have an insane amount of cap space and will have the lowest average salary for their starters in the entire league

+1

PostPosted: 02/03/24 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wheeler/Clark/Berger
Mitchell/Caldwell/Hull
KLS/Wallace/Vivians
Smith/Dantas
Boston/Fagbenle/Saxton

PostPosted: 02/03/24 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
The Indiana GM is a moron...Could've signed SDS or Cloud, then maybe made a trade for EDD, or signed another quality player.....However, I do like the Dantas signing.

I think getting a star player to sign with Indiana in free agency is next to impossible. It’s just, not where anyone would want to play. They’ve been rebuilding for 8 years and despite some excellent picks, have shown minimal progress. They play to the smallest crowds and regularly get shuffled to bizarre venues. Until Indiana makes the playoffs like NY did prior to the Stewart signing, I can’t see a star player taking a chance on “trust us, we’ll get better” from the Fever.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/03/24 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I think getting a star player to sign with Indiana in free agency is next to impossible. It’s just, not where anyone would want to play. They’ve been rebuilding for 8 years and despite some excellent picks, have shown minimal progress. They play to the smallest crowds and regularly get shuffled to bizarre venues. Until Indiana makes the playoffs like NY did prior to the Stewart signing, I can’t see a star player taking a chance on “trust us, we’ll get better” from the Fever.

Sucks they could not land Powers , KLS as a contingency is not bad though Wallace is a better player than KLS imo.

PostPosted: 02/03/24 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
tfan wrote:

Quote:

As someone rooting for Indy's youth-based rebuild to continue, I'm highly underwhelmed by the KLS signing. Well, not so much the signing itself, but the price tag.
(I wouldn't say she's all that similar to Hull. If it's the end for Hull then that's mostly self-inflicted. Seems like she left her perimeter shot at Stanford)

Dantas I'm good with.

Don't forget they have *Boston, **Smith, *Clark, Berger, *Mitchell, Wheeler, Hull, Fagbenie and Vivians too. It's not simply the addition of KLS and Dantas, although they can shoot the 3. Don't discount Berger. Still waiting for Vivians.

*All Stars
** Possible All Star

Clark, Boston, Mitchell, KLS and Smith.
"We gonna light yo ass up!

Ladies! Start Your Engines!

shontay33

PostPosted: 02/03/24 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

We don’t need SDS. We have Mitchell and Wheeler. Cloud would have been an upgrade to Wheeler but who could have we got for Wheeler?
I don’t like EDD coming in and taking minutes from Smith. Even if Smith was traded to Washington, we would have had to give up another player that has helped us to match salary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: