RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 02/01/24 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Canada to ATL for McDonald and #8 pick in 2024!

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-acquire-guard-aari-mcdonald/

Pretty nice pickup considering LA likely didn’t have much to stand on.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/01/24 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Los Angeles with picks 2,4 and 8. Some good young talent coming to the Sparks. 🔥

Do you see what’s happening? Miller always thinks he can work magic in the draft, like in 2016 when he had a bunch of picks.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
scullyfu

PostPosted: 02/01/24 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was Karen Bryant behind the Storm trade? She fleeced us with that #4 draft pick. LOL The salary dump of Nurse was one thing, but to stipulate the #4 pick to seal the deal was pure brilliance, imo. She knew we needed the cap space & she worked it perfectly. Kudos to the Sparks front office.

PostPosted: 02/01/24 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Los Angeles with picks 2,4 and 8. Some good young talent coming to the Sparks. 🔥

Brink, Reese and Osborne just having fun with guessing

jap

PostPosted: 02/02/24 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

Brink, Reese and Osborne just having fun with guessing

Angel can flat out play - a former point guard who has transitioned to a mean big with finesse passing and unselfish play. I just wonder where her head is at. Kim Mulkey can coach, but I would have preferred to have someone like Dawn Staley mentoring Angel. Dawn was a coach on the floor for the 1996 USA Olympic basketball squad. She was also the team's resident comic, keeping everyone loose and focused on the task at hand.

PostPosted: 02/02/24 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“I used to come to Sparks games as a young girl with my parents to watch Candace Parker and Lisa Leslie, so this is very surreal. I never imagined I would be here and I’m excited to put the work in, get on the floor with my teammates and compete in the City of Champions."

https://www.dailynews.com/2024/02/02/sparks-sign-monique-billings-as-former-local-star-comes-home/[/quote]

pilight

PostPosted: 02/02/24 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why in the world is Rae Burrell getting two years guaranteed on a mid-range contract?

PostPosted: 02/02/24 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah....I'd love to know what competition LA had for Burrell that caused for them to protect that contract. WNBA front offices bidding against themselves....limiting flexibility.

Add Brink to this roster and I'm not even confident Burrell is one of their top 10 on the roster.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/05/24 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/F9IB8_ZE-iQ?si=9xaMOVkrrYPBskEZ

Virag Kiss seems well rounded on the offensive end. Doesn't look like she's afraid to bang, and has a 3 point shot as well.

basketballologist

PostPosted: 02/06/24 3:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I MISS PENNY TOLER AS G.M.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/19/24 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks and Chicago trade. The 8th pick in 2024 for Allemand, Yueru and a 3rd round pick in 2025.

ClayK

PostPosted: 02/19/24 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Sparks and Chicago trade. The 8th pick in 2024 for Allemand, Yueru and a 3rd round pick in 2025.

Recent 8th picks:

2023: Laeticia Amihere
2022: Mya Hollingshed
2021: Shyla Heal
2020: Ruthy Hebard
2019: Alanna Smith

PostPosted: 02/20/24 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
I MISS PENNY TOLER AS G.M.

Sometimes I do also. But not during draft time.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 02/20/24 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

Recent 8th picks:

2023: Laeticia Amihere
2022: Mya Hollingshed
2021: Shyla Heal
2020: Ruthy Hebard
2019: Alanna Smith

It's wild to me that Alanna Smith is the best of the bunch so far.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/20/24 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks have an assistant general manager.

One thing about the #8 pick is that it seems every year there is a player better than #8 that was picked later.

2023: #8 Leticia Amihere so far hasn't done as well as #9 Jordan Horston or #14 Dorka Juhasz.

2022: #8 Mya Hollingshed didn't make a roster, but Rae Burrell #9, Queen Egbo #10, Kiersten Bell #11, Nia Clouden #12, Naz Hillmon #15, Olivia Nelson-Ododa #19 and Evina Westbrook #21 are still in the league.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/20/24 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
The Sparks have an assistant general manager.

One thing about the #8 pick is that it seems every year there is a player better than #8 that was picked later.

2023: #8 Leticia Amihere so far hasn't done as well as #9 Jordan Horston or #14 Dorka Juhasz.

2022: #8 Mya Hollingshed didn't make a roster, but Rae Burrell #9, Queen Egbo #10, Kiersten Bell #11, Nia Clouden #12, Naz Hillmon #15, Olivia Nelson-Ododa #19 and Evina Westbrook #21 are still in the league.

Acquiring good talent involves scouting and doing proper research.

PostPosted: 02/27/24 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My thoughts on Los Angeles:

Could take Brink @ 2 and it would be a great pick.

However, I need to think about getting the two best players I can get that will solidify my team. Therefore, I might take Cardoso at #2. This provides me with my anchor. Also, it prevents Chicago from taking her ahead of my #4 pick.

Now at #4, depending upon who Chicago takes, I'll have the choice of maybe Brink, Edwards, Reese, Jackson etc. However, I want either Edwards, Brink or Reese to solidify my front court for several years.

Indiana....Clark
Los Angeles....Cardoso
Chicago....? Jackson, Edwards, Brink, Reese
Los Angeles....Edwards, Brink or Reese

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 02/27/24 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

However, I need to think about getting the two best players I can get that will solidify my team. Therefore, I might take Cardoso at #2. This provides me with my anchor. Also, it prevents Chicago from taking her ahead of my #4 pick.

Now at #4, depending upon who Chicago takes, I'll have the choice of maybe Brink, Edwards, Reese, Jackson etc. However, I want either Edwards, Brink or Reese to solidify my front court for several years.

Indiana....Clark
Los Angeles....Cardoso

I agree with everything except I want LA to stay far away from Reese. Not shot outside the lane, and not very skilled offensively. Most of her points come from putbacks. Great rebounder but I dont think she'll be better than the others at the next level. Just my opinion

PostPosted: 02/28/24 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Indiana....Clark
Los Angeles....Cardoso

I agree with everything except I want LA to stay far away from Reese. Not shot outside the lane, and not very skilled offensively. Most of her points come from putbacks. Great rebounder but I dont think she'll be better than the others at the next level. Just my opinion

Same was said about Nneka Ogwumike in a weak draft when she went #1 and you see how much better she became. Rebounding is a skill that cant be taught and LA NEEDS rebounding badly . Best rebounder in this draft is clearly Angel Reese hands down.

PostPosted: 02/28/24 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless Bueckers changes her mind, I'll be surprised if Brink goes lower than #2.

PostPosted: 02/28/24 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Indiana....Clark
Los Angeles....Cardoso

Same was said about Nneka Ogwumike in a weak draft when she went #1 and you see how much better she became. Rebounding is a skill that cant be taught and LA NEEDS rebounding badly . Best rebounder in this draft is clearly Angel Reese hands down.

I mean, Nneka at least could hit a shot from outside and keep defenses honest. I'm not sold that Reese is a better rebounder than Brink - and even if Reese is a better rebounder, I think what Brink offers on the offensive and defensive end outweighs what Reese brings as a rebounder.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/28/24 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Unless Bueckers changes her mind, I'll be surprised if Brink goes lower than #2.

I would not , unless it was a #2 for #4 swap in regards to salary . Overall the way these draft teams are trading it will not be shock to see this order

Clark
Reese
Cardoso
Jackson
Edwards
Brink

2-6 are all interchangeable for the most part and could land differently based off team needs. LA having all those picks proves they need "everything" right now. Losing your best rebounder and looking for the best rebounder in this draft is a no brainer. People talk about angel's strength and how her rebounding won't translate to the W , yet they seem to think Brinks will Laughing Laughing Laughing . TBH we have been very off these last few past years and if im LA I'm taking the most pro ready player available outside of Clark and its clear that's Cardoso at #2 . If so Chicago will probably take Reese , Brink or Edwards one of the 3 and LA is left with the 2nd hand treasure which could still win ROY.

PostPosted: 02/28/24 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You're saying Rickea Jackson will help some teams more than Cameron Brink? And Aaliyah Edwards will too?

The mind reels ...

PostPosted: 02/28/24 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I would not , unless it was a #2 for #4 swap in regards to salary . Overall the way these draft teams are trading it will not be shock to see this order

Clark
Reese
Cardoso
Jackson
Edwards
Brink

2-6 are all interchangeable for the most part and could land differently based off team needs. LA having all those picks proves they need "everything" right now. Losing your best rebounder and looking for the best rebounder in this draft is a no brainer. People talk about angel's strength and how her rebounding won't translate to the W , yet they seem to think Brinks will Laughing Laughing Laughing . TBH we have been very off these last few past years and if im LA I'm taking the most pro ready player available outside of Clark and its clear that's Cardoso at #2 . If so Chicago will probably take Reese , Brink or Edwards one of the 3 and LA is left with the 2nd hand treasure which could still win ROY.

Reese is a great rebounder, yes, but her offensive skills are abysmal.

From last season:
singinerd54 wrote:
LSU played 15 games against teams that ultimately ranked in the NET Top 50. Reese shot 102/239 in those games (42.7%). She shot above 50% twice (there were also two games where she shot 50%). She shot below 40% six times.

As of today, LSU has played 12 games against the NET Top 50 this season. Reese is 79/179 in those games (44.3%). In total, that's 181/418 (43.3%). For a post player with no perimeter game, yikes. I'd stay far, far away if I'm a GM.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/28/24 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FG’s aren’t the only way to score. Reese gets fouled a lot. No mention of that? Nice sales pitch.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: