Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/23/24 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
Shades wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
no eligibility left for pao pao, right?
i think i like her for lynx maybe, especially if she has stellar March/April.

I like her but not nearly enough to take her over post players that might be available at #7: Reese, Kitley, and Edwards.

My Top 7 (not necessarily in this order) would be:
Clark, Brink, Cardoso, Reese, Edwards, Kitley, Jackson

The bolded have no choice, but if the rest of those declare, there’s no reason for the Lynx to be unhappy to be sitting at #7. Definitely no filler guards needed and no international players needed at #7.

I used to be okay with the thought of Pili at #7, but not after watching her more closely. She has a bully ball style on offense, but she’s too short to bully at the WNBA level. She relies too much on the fadeaway shots to fall, and she doesn’t offer much on the defensive side. I agree that #8 might be a good spot to experiment with her, but CHI already has a bunch of posts on guaranteed contracts, so don’t expect a lot there.

correct, not pao pao over a really good post... but that's assuming a really good post is still left. i couldn't see reeve taking a player like reese. i don't see edwards or cardoso still available.
i get Kitley's stats and height, but i don't see it translating well to the next level.

For Minneapolis to get one of these bigs, one of the prior teams picking must take Jackson or a questionable doozy and then we are clear except for Reeve.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/23/24 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
Shades wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

I like her but not nearly enough to take her over post players that might be available at #7: Reese, Kitley, and Edwards.

The bolded have no choice, but if the rest of those declare, there’s no reason for the Lynx to be unhappy to be sitting at #7. Definitely no filler guards needed and no international players needed at #7.

I used to be okay with the thought of Pili at #7, but not after watching her more closely. She has a bully ball style on offense, but she’s too short to bully at the WNBA level. She relies too much on the fadeaway shots to fall, and she doesn’t offer much on the defensive side. I agree that #8 might be a good spot to experiment with her, but CHI already has a bunch of posts on guaranteed contracts, so don’t expect a lot there.

correct, not pao pao over a really good post... but that's assuming a really good post is still left. i couldn't see reeve taking a player like reese. i don't see edwards or cardoso still available.
i get Kitley's stats and height, but i don't see it translating well to the next level.

For Minneapolis to get one of these bigs, one of the prior teams picking must take Jackson or a questionable doozy and then we are clear except for Reeve.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/24 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
Shades wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

correct, not pao pao over a really good post... but that's assuming a really good post is still left.

That list is all good.

snlMINAJ wrote:

i couldn't see reeve taking a player like reese. i don't see edwards or cardoso still available.

Oh oh, somebody coming in with preconceived notions. I see her as the best rebounder of the bunch. Since the Lynx extended McBrick, they could use all the rebounding they can get. Smile

snlMINAJ wrote:

She’s like the stronger less glamorous version of Brink. I’m curious why people think Brink is a guarantee to be a success. I mean, I think she’ll do alright, but not significantly better than the other posts, given the same opportunity.

A lot depends on opportunity. Nobody thought Juhász would do anything, but she ended up getting the opportunity to prove herself.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/23/24 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everyone drooling over mullets post game comments about angels career wrapping up and her last month etc as if Angel did not state herself last season watching the draft live with flaujae that this year would be angels year . She literally announced it a year ago mistakenly . Now if she changes her mind I’d be shocked but she’s playing at a prime level at PF . Makes you think twice about Her vs Cardoso at 3 right after a 25 and 20 game something is not convinced Cardoso im able to do as Angel has a rebounders timing and bounce on both ends unmatched since undersized Cheryl Ford imo ? Laughing
Her ability to facilitate offsets fords brute strength .

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 02/24/24 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 02/23/24 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
She’s like the stronger less glamorous version of Brink. I’m curious why people think Brink is a guarantee to be a success. I mean, I think she’ll do alright, but not significantly better than the other posts, given the same opportunity.

A lot depends on opportunity. Nobody thought Juhász would do anything, but she ended up getting the opportunity to prove herself.

With the makings of a solid long ball and the all-world rim protection, Brink is definitely the most complete and versatile of the frontcourt players. She might not be a banger inside but I do think she's strong enough to defend most 4s in the league, which is where I see her in the long run.

PostPosted: 02/23/24 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:

I am impressed with Kitley's fadeaway shot which may allow her to make a team.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/24 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago is in a good position to draft both Kitley and Amoore. It’s hard to say how much they’d play together on the Sky, but they do have beautiful chemistry on the court at VTU, the #1 team in the ACC.

ClayK

PostPosted: 02/24/24 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brink is by far the most athletic post of the group. Her weaknesses are strength -- which should come with age -- and fouling -- which could be lessened by experience.

Amoore is tiny, can't shoot and turns the ball over too much to be effective in the WNBA.

Kitley looks to me like another tall, slow, center who won't be able to handle the athleticism of the W, but she could figure it out. I have a lot more hope for her than Amoore.

PostPosted: 02/24/24 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
i couldn't see reeve taking a player like reese.

<iframe width="640" height="960" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sVPja4-Nq38?si=dPzbVIry94DMuYAY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Surprised

toad455

PostPosted: 02/26/24 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.beyondwomenssports.com/wnba-mock-draft-2-0-before-the-madness/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/26/24 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was at the DePaul/UConn game last night, so got to see Aaliyah Edwards play in person.

Seeing her in middle of the first round on mock drafts makes me thing she is going to make some teams disappointed to pass her up. I think she is a clear lottery pick - I would be tempted to take her over everyone other than Clark.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/26/24 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
https://www.beyondwomenssports.com/wnba-mock-draft-2-0-before-the-madness/

👍 Nice

PostPosted: 02/27/24 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My thoughts on Los Angeles:

Could take Brink @ 2 and it would be a great pick.

However, I need to think about getting the two best players I can get that will solidify my team. Therefore, I might take Cardoso at #2. This provides me with my anchor. Also, it prevents Chicago from taking her ahead of my #4 pick.

Now at #4, depending upon who Chicago takes, I'll have the choice of maybe Brink, Edwards, Reese, Jackson etc. However, I want either Edwards, Brink or Reese to solidify my front court for several years.

Indiana....Clark
Los Angeles....Cardoso
Chicago....? Jackson, Edwards, Brink, Reese
Los Angeles....Edwards, Brink or Reese

Shades

PostPosted: 02/27/24 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here’s the top of the double double chart

I don’t know much about Lauren Gustin since she plays for BYU, but I suppose I should check her out since she’s a senior on a B12 team.

She’s listed at 6’1 and hasn’t been good from three, but she’s good from elsewhere (52 FG%) and rebounds well. Hmmm

Reese has missed 4 games this season for undisclosed reasons during the soft part of the season. She could easily be sitting in the 20’s.

Cameron Brink I believe has missed 3 games, 2 for illness and 1 for injury. She’s sitting at 14 double doubles.

I think LSU is playing their tricks again. Not even the NCAA could catch the mistake. Aneesah Morrow is in her third year. She’s not a sophomore. But at least they got Reese’s class right here.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 02/27/24 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smeone will take a shot on Gustin. I just don't think she'll make a team as a frontcourt player; and I don't think she has the skills to play the 3 right yet. I can see her being one of those players that develops in Europe for a few years and surprises people with a roster spot in 2027 or so. She's got decent enough form to develop a 3-ball if given an opportunity and has ridiculously soft touch around the rim. She is also one of the fittest/strongest players in the country.

PostPosted: 02/28/24 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Smeone will take a shot on Gustin. I just don't think she'll make a team as a frontcourt player; and I don't think she has the skills to play the 3 right yet. I can see her being one of those players that develops in Europe for a few years and surprises people with a roster spot in 2027 or so. She's got decent enough form to develop a 3-ball if given an opportunity and has ridiculously soft touch around the rim. She is also one of the fittest/strongest players in the country.

She might be similar to Alyssa Utsby out of UNC, who is also 6’1 senior without a three point shot. She has WNBA-level toughness. She dishes up a lot of assists. She got a triple double against Syracuse on 1/4/2024. She seems to be under everybody’s radar, but she might be able to find a role on the right team. It’ll take some luck to go along with the hard work.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/29/24 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades

PostPosted: 02/29/24 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3

PostPosted: 02/29/24 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Amoore is tiny, can't shoot and turns the ball over too much to be effective in the WNBA.

Huh?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/29/24 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Huh?

Indeed. She is #44 in the (D1) nation in FGA so she can clearly shoot the basketball.

PostPosted: 03/01/24 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Huh?

41.5% from the field, the best of her career. 33.7% from three this year.

And at her size, getting shots off in the W will be even harder.

PostPosted: 03/01/24 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm with Clay. There's a reason you don't see 5'6 guards around the W anymore and Amoore's shooting numbers are nothing to write home about.

PostPosted: 03/01/24 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

For the entirety of my 34-year professional career, I have consistently had to remind coaches who say that we need more shooters, that what we really need is more makers.

Smile

Shades

PostPosted: 03/01/24 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
ClayK wrote:

For the entirety of my 34-year professional career, I have consistently had to remind coaches who say that we need more shooters, that what we really need is more makers.

Smile

I see that Becky Hammon is listed at 5’6. Are you sure she’s tall enough to coach?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/01/24 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Smile

I see that Becky Hammon is listed at 5’6. Are you sure she’s tall enough to coach?

Becky, as a player, was a MAKER. And she just won back to back ships as a coach. Becky the player made threes AND juked her way to the hoop like a magician (how'd she do that?).

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16

Jump to: