RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

GA VS FLORIDA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey87

PostPosted: 01/08/06 3:27 pm    ::: GA VS FLORIDA Reply Reply with quote

GA 45- UF 34, TASHA WAS HITTING IT THEN SHE PICKED UP 2 FOULS I EXPECT HER TO LIGHT IT UP IN THE 2ND HALF REALLY BLANACED SCORING BY THE DOGS

HARDRICK- 9
CHAMBERS- 11
KENDRICK- 7
HUMPHREY- 7 AND 6 REBOUNDS
BAKER- 6 POINTS 5 ASSISTS

mikey87

PostPosted: 01/08/06 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GA 89- FLORIDA 70

BY THE TIME UF TRIED TO MAKE A RUN THEY WERE ALREDY DOWN BY 20 OR SO

TASHA HUMPHREY HAD A RIDICULOUS GAME 26 POINTS AND 15 REBOUNDS

BAKER HAD 20 POINTS AND 4 STEALS

HARDRICK HAD A GREAT GAME OF THE BENCH WITH 13 POINTS

CHAMBERS ALSO HAD 13 POINTS

bullsky

PostPosted: 01/08/06 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll tell ya, if Humphrey and Baker could put up numbers like that everynight, Georgia would be very hard to beat. Good win for the Dawgs. Florida is an up-and-coming program in the SEC.

PostPosted: 01/08/06 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
I'll tell ya, if Humphrey and Baker could put up numbers like that everynight, Georgia would be very hard to beat. Good win for the Dawgs. Florida is an up-and-coming program in the SEC.

I AGREE WITH YOU I DID'NT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT FROM BAKER THIS YEAR BUT SHE HAS BEEN AMAZING, AND TASHA HAS DONE EVERYTHING FOR THIS TEAM, BUT GREAT FIGHT BY FLORIDA THOUGH.

mikey87

PostPosted: 01/08/06 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HUMPHREY DESERVES SEC PLAYER OF THE WEEK WITH THESE NUMBERS

29 AND 9 AT OLE MISS
26 AND 15 VS UF

CKent

PostPosted: 01/08/06 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was a fun afternoon. It started during the introduction of the starters, when Sherill Baker was surprised by the appearance of Teresa Edwards. Teresa was there to formally present Bake with the ball she stole to break Tee's Georgia career steal record. When Bake went to accept the ball, Tee switched hands and took it behind her back. Funny stuff. Duly inspired, Bake went on to steal Florida's first two possessions and tipped away their third.

Janese Hardrick hit some bombs, and I mean bombs in this game. She was 4-of-4 from 3-point land, converting a four-point play on the last one. And they were NBA threes, too. For all you old-schoolers, she looked like World B. Free stroking it out there (complete with the exaggerated follow-through).

It's getting harder and harder for me to describe the play of Tasha Humphrey when she's on without using the word "freak." Just a monster game today. Double-double. And a couple of threes, for good measure.

I know I sound like a broken record...but this Georgia team, despite being painfully thin, can play with anybody when they're knocking down shots. By the same token, there will be games (and next Thursday in Knoxville might be one of them) when the lack of depth combines with an off shooting night and they'll get waxed like an end table. That's inevitable when you're in a position where so many little things have to break your way on any given night to be successful. But if they can mop up at home, steal a couple on the road, and end up with a decent draw...they're capable of getting hot in March and shocking somebody.

One last note, there was a mascot b-ball game at halftime. The highlight was a giant piece of pizza (Mr. Slice) from Papa John's getting a steal from Dora The Explorer and taking it the length for a finger-roll. Call her "Ora"...'cause she's got no "D"!

O.G.

PostPosted: 01/08/06 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would have been fun to see how good Georgia would be this year without all the injuries, etc.

mikey87

PostPosted: 01/08/06 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O.G. wrote:
Would have been fun to see how good Georgia would be this year without all the injuries, etc.

could'nt agree with you more but the best is yet to come from the DAWGS just wait and see.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/08/06 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game was supposed to be on "FCS" channel but never came on, I was looking forward to seeing it too. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 01/08/06 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:
This game was supposed to be on "FCS" channel but never came on, I was looking forward to seeing it too. Evil or Very Mad

It was on Sunshine, if you get that. There is a replay of it Tuesday at Noon(on Sunshine), I only recorded half of it, I thought I had it set up on the TIVO, but didn't for some reason.

CKent

PostPosted: 01/09/06 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikey87 wrote:

29 AND 9 AT OLE MISS
26 AND 15 VS UF

So let it be written...so let it be done. Good call.

mikey87

PostPosted: 01/09/06 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CKent wrote:
mikey87 wrote:

29 AND 9 AT OLE MISS
26 AND 15 VS UF

So let it be written...so let it be done. Good call.

i'm glad she got it I dont know about you but as a GA fan I feel good about this team, early they were a little shakey but we're starting to come together at the right time. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: