RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rumors re potential trades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
herrade

PostPosted: 02/19/05 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
If I'm a #23 today and resigned to the fact that Becky's playing the point, then having Yo, Ann and Elena in the post with Becky and Crys in the backcourt doesn't sound too bad. It sounds much better than Donaphin starting.

gah. the only reason i've been for this trade is that it made me hallucinate about moving becky to the 2 and getting a real point. i might lust for becky again if she were back to a 2, and since i'm sure that matters to her, i'm expecting news of a liberty PG signing any minute.

riiiiggghhht.

the bottom line is that this trade will be good for the libs for 2 years tops. then, when christon becomes one of the best of the league, blaze will be exposed for the hack she is and finally get herself fired. what is more likely to happen first, tho, is that the west-side stadium deal will go through, the dolans will go bankrupt trying to stop it, and michael bloomberg will buy the rangers/knicks/liberty for a bargain. the whole enterprise will be consolidated and restructured, and blaze will get herself a nice severance deal.

note: i renewed my season tix because i'm not the one paying for them. but if going to the games is as painful as it was at the end of the summer, i'll ride down to north square and have myself a few blood orange martinis instead. better yet, i'll join meggan for 10 or 12 margaritas and i'm sure the games will go by just like that.

PostPosted: 02/19/05 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lib are alot closer to being champs than the Knicks. The Knicks are 5 years removed from the conference finals and 4 years away from their last winning season.

Does Yo put them over the top? Much depends on who ends up playing in the backcourt with Hammon. Yo, Nova, and C-Rob is a pretty imposing front line. Or, if they can get a good 3 they can slide Robinson to the 2. Yo is exactly what the Lib were missing, a dominating rebounder and defender in the paint and a great complement to the outside shooting of Robinson and Baranova. If they add a good wing defender, Amanda Lassiter maybe, in addition to this trade then they're clearly the class of the east and a very real threat to win it all.

PostPosted: 02/19/05 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The problem with C-Rob is consistency. Plus, she has hinted at retirement very recently, so what do we get from her in 2005?
I do think Yo is a very good addition. Who doesn't want a fierce rebounder on a trigger-happy team? It's even a bit redundant to say that.
But, as I and many others have stated earlier, who will get her the ball?
Becky will drive and toss hand-grenades at her. Maybe she's used to catching non-look passes from Ticha, but I'm pretty sure she prefers the usual lob pass or the old pick-and-roll. And as Dex said, how long until she's at the 3-point line setting picks?
Coaching is an issue...Yo in the East will extend her durability, but seriously, if we're so hell bent on getting a Superstar, we should be looking further down and dealing with the Mystics.

PostPosted: 02/19/05 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
But, as I and many others have stated earlier, who will get her the ball?

Becky will shoot and Yo will clean the offensive glass. It's an assist - in a very roundabout way.
herrade

PostPosted: 02/19/05 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:

Becky will shoot and Yo will clean the offensive glass. It's an assist - in a very roundabout way.

hey, now. becky's problem is passing -- and defense -- not so much the shooting.

PostPosted: 02/19/05 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, that covers the whole "fierce rebounder on a trigger-happy team".
I can totally do without the round trip Wink

PostPosted: 02/19/05 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Well, that covers the whole "fierce rebounder on a trigger-happy team".

that is a coaching problem. richie had no plays to get the ball inside, and therefore patty had no plays to get the ball inside.

what is going to happen this season when patty can't blame her chaos on being stuck with richie's system? i predict she'll be looking for a new job by June -- twin sister notwithstanding.

PostPosted: 02/19/05 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

look, i am well aware how far removed the knicks are from winning a title. unfortunately, ive been a knick fan for years...back to their last title. my point was both the knicks and the liberty need to be rebuilding not retooling or reloading. adding yo without adding a point guard doesnt make the libs contenders...it only makes them what they have always been pretenders...pretenders with the heart of a champion.

damn, i loved those players....spoon, hampton, wicks and phillips...heart and soul baby...heart and soul.

PostPosted: 02/19/05 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish I could tell you the thread where I started looking for names to replace her lol...of course my favorite would be Candi Harvey. You gotta love someone who makes Margo switch on to playing-mode.
Richie did have a system to get the ball inside to both Tari and Tamika, but somehow that fell apart in 2003, which not surprisingly coincided with Tari having her worst season in a Lib uni (even tho she had career-highs in several stats).
Patty is just braindead, I wish we would have a coach who actually were in the land of the living.

PostPosted: 02/20/05 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing the possibility of a "3-way" here, with Yolanda going to Washington and ChaNYque playing in New York? Say what you want about Christon, she will never have the impact that NYque can have, a dominant scorer AND rebounder when she's on her game. And, as far as the Styx go, I drool over the possibility of seeing Yo and Alana playing together. With their wing-spans, the two of 'em could stand side by side and touch each side of the court! And was anybody else watching the same Olympics I was watching? YoYo has STILL got IT.

Oh my, oh my, oh my!

~rAf

~rAf
wnbafan

PostPosted: 02/20/05 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing the possibility of a "3-way" here, with Yolanda going to Washington and ChaNYque playing in New York? Say what you want about Christon, she will never have the impact that NYque can have, a dominant scorer AND rebounder when she's on her game. And, as far as the Styx go, I drool over the possibility of seeing Yo and Alana playing together. With their wing-spans, the two of 'em could stand side by side and touch each side of the court! And was anybody else watching the same Olympics I was watching? YoYo has STILL got IT.

Oh my, oh my, oh my!

~rAf

As a Mystics fan, I dream of the day Yo, MIQUE, and Alana can play together. If you want a trade from the Mystics, take Kaala Chones, Kiesha Brown, and I'll even throw in Tamicha Jackson!

PostPosted: 02/20/05 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"As a Mystics fan, I dream of the day Yo, MIQUE, and Alana can play together. If you want a trade from the Mystics, take Kaala Chones, Kiesha Brown, and I'll even throw in Tamicha Jackson!"

Well, there's a very real possibility that Mique won't play for the Styx. I'd rather have the team that made the playoffs PLUS Yolanda personally. And a point guard, moving AB to the wing wouldn't hurt.

~rAf

~rAf
Keegan

PostPosted: 02/20/05 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
As a Mystics fan, I dream of the day Yo, MIQUE, and Alana can play together. If you want a trade from the Mystics, take Kaala Chones, Kiesha Brown, and I'll even throw in Tamicha Jackson!

I think Lauren Jackson, Penny Taylor and Diana Taurasi is more likely (and that's still pretty unlikely).

Not even Blaze (much less the Monarchs GM) is stupid enough to trade Yo for a couple of benchies with little upside.
wnbafan

PostPosted: 02/21/05 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
wnbafan wrote:

I think Lauren Jackson, Penny Taylor and Diana Taurasi is more likely (and that's still pretty unlikely).

Not even Blaze (much less the Monarchs GM) is stupid enough to trade Yo for a couple of benchies with little upside.

I know. I was being sarcastic (and wishful!). I would just like to get rid of Brown and Jackson. It is so painful when they come into the game.

PostPosted: 02/21/05 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
Keegan wrote:
wnbafan wrote:

I know. I was being sarcastic (and wishful!). I would just like to get rid of Brown and Jackson. It is so painful when they come into the game.

I've always liked Brown, I'd take her over TJ any day.

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/21/05 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kiesha Brown is ok but I don't expect much of her. Tamicha Jackson saved one of her few good shooting games for her visit to Phoenix (typical Rolling Eyes )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: