Sky
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Mercury
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

Shades

PostPosted: 05/20/23 8:14 am    ::: Sky @ Mercury - 5/21/23 Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix, AZ - 4:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/eventCalendarId/401507138#bucketId=1

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/230655/chicago-sky--phoenix-mercury

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20230521/CHIPHO/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/21/23 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That introduction was so special and a great way to start with a BG bucket!

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/21/23 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like seeing Matt Ishbia there. He’s at least been vocally pretty supportive. Kinda sad about the hard cap, cause I think he would have gone all out.

Would love it if Jefferson could make those midrange shots. Laughing

PostPosted: 05/21/23 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m glad some players on the Mercury are finally showing some fire and getting to the rim!

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/21/23 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Every time I see players with false eyelashes, I wonder how they can see clearly. Dana Evans, I'm looking at you right now.

They're like visors for the eyes. No player wears a visor inside.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 05/21/23 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/21/23 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Every time I see players with false eyelashes, I wonder how they can see clearly. Dana Evans, I'm looking at you right now.

They're like visors for the eyes. Nobody wears visors inside.

It’s the sniffelufugus vibe

PostPosted: 05/21/23 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really impressed with Shug Sutton’s energy this game.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/21/23 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

They're like visors for the eyes. Nobody wears visors inside.

It’s the sniffelufugus vibe

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand that reference.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/21/23 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!

Says BG after a 3.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/21/23 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Every time I see players with false eyelashes, I wonder how they can see clearly.

They certainly have become more popular in recent years. Angel Reese is the new college star on and off the court and she wears them.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/21/23 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think my dislike of Lobo as an announcer is mostly from her calling games with Taurasi playing. Taurasi threw a pass to Griner who was being fronted by Courtney Williams and Lobo gave Taurasi props for getting it over (5'8") Williams to (6'8") Griner.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/21/23 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Really impressed with Shug Sutton’s energy this game.

I really like her.

I don’t like the decision to not start Turner though. Skylar might have been off last season, but I think she was right about the coach.

Pass to BG should be our main offense.

PostPosted: 05/21/23 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BG with the 3!!!

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/21/23 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BG with the 3!!!

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/21/23 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two of DT's last three shots were misses and there was no Merc player even close to rebound. Seems like she does that a lot.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/21/23 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Took her long enough to call for the challenge.

It was like the refs were waiting for it and basically telling her to challenge.

I'm not sure that it was off Chi. I'm not sure it hit her.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/21/23 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like how the commentators are surprised the offense is running through BG..like..who was it supposed to run through? The 40 year old?

Imo, in order for Phoenix to be good this season, DT needs to be the third best player, and I’m not sure we have anyone good enough to do that..

Brit looks great. She gets tired, but that’ll get better.

Sophie and DT were cold. I’ll be surprised if we win many games when they are cold..

Sutton is interesting.

Ffs start and play Turner a lot. Wtf was that.

Williams was great today.

PostPosted: 05/21/23 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
I like how the commentators are surprised the offense is running through BG..like..who was it supposed to run through? The 40 year old?

Imo, in order for Phoenix to be good this season, DT needs to be the third best player, and I’m not sure we have anyone good enough to do that..

Sophie and DT were cold. I’ll be surprised if we win many games when they are cold..

Sutton is interesting.

You know I’m starting to think that it might be a good thing if we don’t win that many games this season 👀

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/21/23 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Sutton is interesting.

You know I’m starting to think that it might be a good thing if we don’t win that many games this season 👀

Do we even have a first round pick in the next 10 years?

PRballer

PostPosted: 05/21/23 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m so surprised by the regression of Brianna Turner - incredible athlete at 6’3 who can rebound and defend but she was a star offensive player at Notre Dame under the tutelage of Muffet McGraw and Carol Owens, whom I thought was considered a great position coach. Why didn’t she pack her offense to the pros? Is it on Sandy? Now Nygaard? Feels weird - she doesn’t even attack the basket and could be so, so good.

mercfan

PostPosted: 05/21/23 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
mercfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Sutton is interesting.

Do we even have a first round pick in the next 10 years?

I believe the Mercury have their 2024 first rounder.

ucbart

PostPosted: 05/21/23 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
I’m so surprised by the regression of Brianna Turner - incredible athlete at 6’3 who can rebound and defend but she was a star offensive player at Notre Dame under the tutelage of Muffet McGraw and Carol Owens, whom I thought was considered a great position coach. Why didn’t she pack her offense to the pros? Is it on Sandy? Now Nygaard? Feels weird - she doesn’t even attack the basket and could be so, so good.

She wasn't a star on offense. All of her offense came from alley oops and offensive rebounds. She hasn't improved a lick on offense since she was a freshman, but now it's way more noticeable because she's playing against players who are as gifted athletically as she is.

mercfan

PostPosted: 05/21/23 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
PRballer wrote:

She wasn't a star on offense. All of her offense came from alley oops and offensive rebounds. She hasn't improved a lick on offense since she was a freshman, but now it's way more noticeable because she's playing against players who are as gifted athletically as she is.

Turner isn’t fitting in the offense at all like she was under Sandy. It’s too bad because her defense is extremely valuable and even more so next to BG.

She hasn't attempted one field goal through 53 minutes this season.

There’s a whole lot of jumbled up mess going on with the Mercury offense so far without SDS.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 05/21/23 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amazing atmosphere during this game.

I'm impressed by Evans. Sloot left big shoes to fill but I think she's doing well.

PostPosted: 05/22/23 1:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryan_february_ wrote:

I'm impressed by Evans. Sloot left big shoes to fill but I think she's doing well.

She did do well on both offense and defense. But at this point, she is the backup point guard behind Marina Mabrey. Mabrey seems like more of a shooting guard, but Courtney Williams is playing there and has looked good so far. They also gave up a lot for Mabrey so it will be a difficult decision to start Davis if she appears to be doing better than Mabrey.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: