RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Liberty @ Mystics - 5/19/23
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/18/23 11:25 pm    ::: Liberty @ Mystics - 5/19/23 Reply Reply with quote

Cup Records: NYL 0-0 | WAS 0-0
Washington, DC - 7:00 PM ET
TV: NBA TV, Monumental Sports Network, NBC Sports Washington, WWOR

Video stream:
https://www.nba.com/watch/channel/nbatvlive

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/230648/new-york-liberty--washington-mystics

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20230519/NYLWAS/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 05/20/23 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/19/23 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is so great to click on the WNBA main page and see "Sticky: Anybody @ Anybody" The regular season is here!

Fun matchup to start with!

adamj95

PostPosted: 05/19/23 6:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Easily the game of the day. Should be an exciting matchup.

PostPosted: 05/19/23 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

T minus 1 hour! I'm pouring ketchup and listening to Carly Simon. Very Happy

tfan

PostPosted: 05/19/23 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounded like the color announcer just said she liked the "intentionality" of Cloud as she dribbled Ionescu into the paint and shot a chippie. She said she heard Delle Donne say "That's all day".

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/19/23 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YeeHaw! 17-12 Mystics after Q1! 5 pts each for EDD & Cloud9. Shakira with a monster block.

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/19/23 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
YeeHaw! 17-12 Mystics after Q1! 5 pts each for EDD & Cloud9. Shakira with a monster block.

Now 22-12. Time out New York! GO MYSTICS!

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/19/23 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Now 22-12. Time out New York! GO MYSTICS!

Big silence from the usually VERY talkative Lib fans.

~rAf
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 05/19/23 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hawkins is moving like I've never seen her move before, she looks great

Sykes seems to be a little awkward offensive fit in the starting lineup but liking her a lot next to Toliver with the bench unit

tfan

PostPosted: 05/19/23 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They said 5'9" Sykes has the same arm length as former WNBA post assistant coach LaToya Sanders.

Dolson and Jones have both played 9 minutes at this point.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/19/23 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics are my pick to win the championship...Defense wins championships and they have a lot of it...Washington's only issue besides EDD's health will be a consistent 2nd option...Can Atkins provide consistent scoring/offense as a #2?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/19/23 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics up 39-26 at the half! Keep it up Mystics! Two time MVP EDD with 13/4/3 + 1 block, Cloud, THawk and Sykes with 8,8,7 pts.

Yep, it's gonna take a minute for the NY superteam to gel...while Mystics start the season in full gear. THawk is looking GREAT. Atkins & Austin are yet to get going offensively, though their defense is on the money.

EDD got left off last year's All*Star and All WNBA teams due to missing so many games, though when she played, she was at an All WNBA level. She's on a mission, as is Tianna Hawkins.

Meanwhile, NY players not familiar with each other yet. Sloot getting her assists but 27% shooting ain't going to cut it.

~rAf
adamj95

PostPosted: 05/19/23 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no doubt NY will mesh as the season goes on, but yikes they are not doing good tonight shooting only 25%.

PostPosted: 05/19/23 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Easily the game of the day. Should be an exciting matchup.

Should be. Embarassed

PostPosted: 05/19/23 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
I have no doubt NY will mesh as the season goes on, but yikes they are not doing good tonight shooting only 25%.

And it's 60-44 going into Q4. And last year's WNBA assists leader leads off with 6 assists to Slooty's 5. NY has brought their FG% up to 33, but Mystics lead is now 21.

~rAf
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/19/23 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SUPER DUDS.

PostPosted: 05/19/23 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lol It's only 1 game. when Stewie starts being Stewie we will be fine but I noticed the libs getting a lot of unnecessary and to me sort of jealousy hate online. They want New York to fail.

My concerns going forward is the bench, I am not confident in this bench other then Johannes and Han Xu. And like I've been saying get Prince the hell outta here

pilight

PostPosted: 05/19/23 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Having a team that's been together for years makes a difference, especially early in the season

PostPosted: 05/19/23 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
Lol It's only 1 game. when Stewie starts being Stewie we will be fine but I noticed the libs getting a lot of unnecessary and to me sort of jealousy hate online. They want New York to fail.

My concerns going forward is the bench, I am not confident in this bench other then Johannes and Han Xu. And like I've been saying get Prince the hell outta here

I have no hate for the Libs. I very much want NY to get their first 'ship! I feel like you're in the position the Mystics were in when Mike T came in the right the ship, which attracted superstar EDD. We suffered a LOT for several years before that. Except y'all are an original team and that matters. I'm just excited to see the Mystics playing so together in game 1 against a team full of superstars. Mystics defense and balanced scoring ruled today, 4 in double digits and 2 'on the verge' of doubles. Toliver showed she's back with her dagger 3's and played some tough, smart defense.

Easy to see why many considered the Mystics to be a threat vs the two superteams.

~rAf
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/19/23 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to the Mystics on an excellent win to start the season. They are a talented team and will certainly be one of the WNBA's best if Della Donne stays healthy--which I hope she will, just as I hope that for every player.

As a Liberty fan, I'm in no way troubled by what happened tonight. Right from the first minutes of the game, despite Washington's tough defense, New York had lots of open shots that those players normally make. Including three-pointers and shots very close to the basket.

At the half, Washington led 39-26. I'm not worried about the Liberty often scoring only 26 points in a half, whether first half or second. I believe that if New York can hold other teams to 39 points in a half, to 80 points in a game, it's going to be a terrific season for my team.

PostPosted: 05/19/23 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Congratulations to the Mystics on an excellent win to start the season. They are a talented team and will certainly be one of the WNBA's best if Della Donne stays healthy--which I hope she will, just as I hope that for every player.

As a Liberty fan, I'm in no way troubled by what happened tonight. Right from the first minutes of the game, despite Washington's tough defense, New York had lots of open shots that those players normally make. Including three-pointers and shots very close to the basket.

At the half, Washington led 39-26. I'm not worried about the Liberty often scoring only 26 points in a half, whether first half or second. I believe that if New York can hold other teams to 39 points in a half, to 80 points in a game, it's going to be a terrific season for my team.

Most of the teams have missed shots close to the basket. I think it’s going to take time for everyone to get their legs underneath them.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/19/23 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Sykes seems to be a little awkward offensive fit in the starting lineup but liking her a lot next to Toliver with the bench unit

Hawkins is a prime of example of work ethic she has totally transformed her body and game from a PF to SF with length and range . 3-D for sure

PostPosted: 05/19/23 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Hawkins is a prime of example of work ethic she has totally transformed her body and game from a PF to SF with length and range . 3-D for sure

DC going two deep at every position but Center. Hoping Zahui B shows up on the court.

~rAf
RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/20/23 3:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delle Donne just ate Stewart up at both ends of the floor...actually embarrassed her like she was a second round pick in the latest Draft. New York looked awful considering they have practically an Olympic team lineup. Not acceptable, these Olympic type players have played hundreds of games together over the years so no excuses accepted for the poor play.

Kudos to Washington!

tfan

PostPosted: 05/20/23 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LUja3NJyQy0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PnGiwtMZC_c" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: