RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Baylor v Texas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/07/06 6:08 pm    ::: Baylor v Texas Reply Reply with quote

Bears win 61-48.

Texas will FINALLY be out of the Top 25. And it only took a .500 record.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/07/06 6:14 pm    ::: Re: Baylor v Texas Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Texas will FINALLY be out of the Top 25. And it only took a .500 record.

I wouldn't bet too much money on that.

PostPosted: 01/07/06 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas will drop out of the Top 25 this week, but they are a much better team than most people realize. (Yes, I do know know how bad the losses have been.) Still, most of the ranked teams would have far poorer records if they had played #1, #2, #4, #8 in the first six weeks of the season.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 01/08/06 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jody Conradt sounded very discouraged after the Longhorns loss to Baylor Saturday afternoon.

Quote:
As Baylor snatched offensive rebound after offensive rebound in a pivotal second half, frustrated Texas Coach Jody Conradt looked up and down her bench for relief.

"How many times did they get an off-side board?" Conradt wondered. "I wanted to go out and see if I could get one."

Conradt completed her collegiate eligibility, oh, about four decades ago, but even in heels and pearls it's doubtful she'd have fared any worse than her Longhorns.

... "We're not a well-oiled machine on offense," Conradt said. "We throw the ball to Tiffany and watch. We don't have a lot of firepower. We've got to help each other and get involved."

..."We don't work hard enough. It's that simple," said Conradt, explaining the Longhorns' rebounding problems. "It's effort, focus and intensity — those aren't our strong suits."

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/01/8texfem.html

Quote:
The news isn't so good for No. 23 Texas (6-6). The Longhorns have started conference play 0-2 for the first time in school history, and they also now have their first three-game losing streak since the 2001-02 season. Coach Jody Conradt seems so frustrated, it's almost comical. To a point, anyway.

"Before the Kansas game [Tuesday], I asked the freshmen if they knew how many conference games we play," Conradt said. "None of them knew. You've got to give me a break. They don't know nothing."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/010806dnspobaylorbkw.215ed50.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: