RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

AWSOME Uconn UT game!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbri131014

PostPosted: 01/07/06 4:34 pm    ::: AWSOME Uconn UT game! Reply Reply with quote

that game was awsome.. CP is a STUD oh wee lol

blkkirk

PostPosted: 01/07/06 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Excellent game no matter who you were wanting to win!!! Great double header!! Hope lots tuned in. Great for women's b-ball!!

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 01/07/06 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blkkirk wrote:
Excellent game no matter who you were wanting to win!!! Great double header!! Hope lots tuned in. Great for women's b-ball!!

I agree. Fowles probably has some new fans.

If Barb Turner had made her free throws, UConn could well have taken UT to overtime. (And if wishes were horses, pigs would have wings.)

blkkirk

PostPosted: 01/07/06 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
blkkirk wrote:

I agree. Fowles probably has some new fans.

If Barb Turner had made her free throws, UConn could well have taken UT to overtime. (And if wishes were horses, pigs would have wings.)

definetly! look at the fg% for uconn vs tenn.

golden33

PostPosted: 01/07/06 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I tuned in until they switched to a men's game with 3 minutes left. GRRR.

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 01/07/06 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

golden33 wrote:
I tuned in until they switched to a men's game with 3 minutes left. GRRR.

Are you kidding? They didn't do that here in the DC area. It must have been a local affiliate option to do that. You should protest to your local CBS station. That's truly an outrage. Crying or Very sad

golden33

PostPosted: 01/07/06 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I called but only got answering machines so I left a nasty messege. I'll send them an email sometime. I'm sure it was a local thing, but they never would have done it if it had been the #7 men's team vs. the #1 men's team. In fact, I don't think they would have switched it even if it were two bad men's teams in a close game.

ridor

PostPosted: 01/07/06 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CP is a stud? You meant Candace Parker?!

To me, she is broken glass. She has bad knee. Twisted her right ankle. Repeated problems with her contacts. And crooked fingers.

To me, I think she may be the most expensive player for UT ever in terms of rehabilitation -- putting too many band aids will wreck her once again. Just like Clarissa Davis-Wrightsil when she was at UT.

R-

Sass

PostPosted: 01/08/06 2:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:
CP is a stud? You meant Candace Parker?!

To me, she is broken glass. She has bad knee. Twisted her right ankle. Repeated problems with her contacts. And crooked fingers.

To me, I think she may be the most expensive player for UT ever in terms of rehabilitation -- putting too many band aids will wreck her once again. Just like Clarissa Davis-Wrightsil when she was at UT.

R-

You've got to be kidding.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
threefrom60

PostPosted: 01/08/06 3:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know we've talked about this plenty before, but I'm really curious to see if either Strother or Turner can make and stick with a WNBA team this summer. To me, Strother doesnt seem to have enough handle or speed to be a guard, and she's certainly not strong enough to consistantly play the 3 in the W. Turner's outside shot is far too inconsistant to play the 2/3 in the league either. Is there any chance her athleticism and ups can let her play the 4 even though she's much shorter than most WNBA power forwards? I mean, imagine her playing against and guarding the Ohlde's/Jackson's/McWilliams-Franklin's of the world. Yikes. They're both just such tweeners. If only they could fuse in to one player Wink They'll both get drafted. But will they have any staying power?

ILuvCatch

PostPosted: 01/08/06 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

golden33 wrote:
I called but only got answering machines so I left a nasty messege. I'll send them an email sometime. I'm sure it was a local thing, but they never would have done it if it had been the #7 men's team vs. the #1 men's team. In fact, I don't think they would have switched it even if it were two bad men's teams in a close game.

Same thing up my way. On the sports they said it was not their choice but CBS. I guess the Hoosier and Buckeye boys have a whole lot of pull!

-Tamika Catchings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: