RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Georgetown vs Connecticut - 3/04/23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/04/23 9:05 am    ::: Georgetown vs Connecticut - 3/04/23 Reply Reply with quote

Big East Tournament - Quarterfinal
Uncasville, CT - 12:00 PM ET

TV: Fox Sports 1

Video stream:
https://www.foxsports.com/live/fs1 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://thevarsitynetwork.com/audioapplink/source/oas-1502/content/uconn:allaccess-Live-6013

Live stats:
https://bigeast.statbroadcast.com/
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statmonitr.php?gid=conn

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/04/23 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYSports56

PostPosted: 03/04/23 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well here we go; just a few minutes until game time! The point spread was a little high, so I decided to make some prop bets:

1) I've got the over on the number of times Nika Muhl throws her head back as if she's suffered whiplash without any contact.

2) Geno will receive a technical foul for throwing things on the court. I know it's a long shot, but I could make some serious coin if this happens again with very little risk.

3) No Husky player will score more points than the number of times the TV coverage shows Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd sitting on the bench together. I figure this one's a gimme.

Very Happy

Go Huskies!

mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/04/23 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, we had 10 players available for a half a game. Wow. Caroline really does get hit in the head a lot..I hope she’s okay, and maybe she shouldn’t be looking for rebounds anymore…

PostPosted: 03/04/23 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the 1H, UConn shoots 35%, 10%. Yet leads 35-12. Because GTown shoots 14%, 0%. Juggernaut offenses that will attract legions of viewers.

Fudd playing. Concussion-prone Ducharme smashed in head, crumples to floor and is taken to locker room.
singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/04/23 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any update on Ducharme? How's Fudd look?

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/04/23 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
Any update on Ducharme? How's Fudd look?

Fudd looks good-

But the best news. November-South Carolina Aaliyah appears to have made an appearance.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/04/23 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ducharme won't play rest of game. On bench with ice bag but smiling and seems to be in good spirits.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/04/23 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn scoreless in first 5.5 minutes of the 4Q.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/04/23 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn's 30 pt. MOV in this game, which will seem like red meat to some fans, conceals a continued inadequate offense. For the 9th time in 11 games UConn couldn't score 70 points. Against one of the weakest teams on their schedule, UConn shot 38%, 25%, with 15 assists and 13 turnovers. C.
NYSports56

PostPosted: 03/04/23 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Azzi's back! I had no idea; I was very apprehensive, but it was so great to see her out there! She missed her first several jump shots, but ended her time on the court with two straight threes. With an insurmountable lead, Geno ended things on a good note and took her out. Good move to both wait until she made a few and then take her out.

I think Azzi's knee (or perhaps the brace) is having an impact on the form of her jump shot. Maybe it's the height of the jump, maybe it's the quickness of the legs, but something about her beautiful form and quick release didn't look quite as amazing. At the very least, though, it should still be effective enough to bring opposing defenses out to the perimeter more.

Yay Aaliyah Edwards!!! She had a great game, which was good to see. Great player to root for with how hard she plays. Geno should have taken her out when the game was out of reach--there's a game tomorrow.

All my prop bets failed. Smile

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/04/23 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Against one of the weakest teams on their schedule, UConn shot 38% . . . .

This was the 4th worst FG% in UConn's 32 games—underachieved only by 35.5% against St. John's, 36.8% against Notre Dame, and 37.9% against Creighton.
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/04/23 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Well, we had 10 players available for a half a game. Wow. Caroline really does get hit in the head a lot..I hope she’s okay, and maybe she shouldn’t be looking for rebounds anymore…

And she got taken out by Edwards no less. Some people like to theorize how good teams may have been had they gotten top prep prospects that ended up choosing someone else over them at the last minute (Boston), or theorize how good a team may have been had a talented player not transferred away from them (McLean or Poffenbarger).

Does anyone ever theorize how good a team may have been had a top player not chosen to stay on the roster, but instead chosen to transfer elsewhere (Edwards)? How many fellow Huskies has Edwards taken out of action this season??? Shocked

NYSports56

PostPosted: 03/04/23 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

And she got taken out by Edwards no less. Some people like to theorize how good teams may have been had they gotten top prep prospects that ended up choosing someone else over them at the last minute (Boston), or theorize how good a team may have been had a talented player not transferred away from them (McLean or Poffenbarger).

Does anyone ever theorize how good a team may have been had a top player not chosen to stay on the roster, but instead chosen to transfer elsewhere (Edwards)? How many fellow Huskies has Edwards taken out of action this season??? Shocked

It's crazy how many times it's happened already.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/04/23 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice to see that none of the starters played more than 33 min. Muhl's min. down 20% today from normal.

UConn held GTown's offense 20 pts below their season avg.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/04/23 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

I think this is the first player edwards took out? Muhl is typically the one responsible.

PostPosted: 03/04/23 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

I think this is the first player edwards took out? Muhl is typically the one responsible.

It's the 3rd or 4th player. I think the first time Azzi got hurt Edwards was pushed and fell into her. There were other times, because it's already been mentioned before today that Alliyah has been a human wrecking ball this year.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/04/23 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
UConn's 30 pt. MOV in this game, which will seem like red meat to some fans, conceals a continued inadequate offense. For the 9th time in 11 games UConn couldn't score 70 points. Against one of the weakest teams on their schedule, UConn shot 38%, 25%, with 15 assists and 13 turnovers. C.
GTown's defense is much better than their offense. UConn had 61 pts after 3 periods and a 30 pt lead. Geno shut down his offense to save energy for the next game tomorrow.

Having Fudd playing is a huge boost.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/05/23 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too bad Caroline can't wear a rugby bonnet on the floor. Might help if she wore one in practice to keep from getting hurt there though. Poor kid. She should probably be on concussion protocol until the Big Dance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: