RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#22 North Carolina @ #11 Duke - 2/26/23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 02/26/23 4:56 am    ::: #22 North Carolina @ #11 Duke - 2/26/23 Reply Reply with quote

Durham, NC - 12:00 PM ET
TV: RSN (Evan Lepler, Tabitha Turner)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/370d8d6b-82f4-4306-9ffd-89adc1fa9b56 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://thevarsitynetwork.com/audioapplink/source/oas-1693/content/duke:allaccess-Live-957

Live stats:
https://goduke.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

Following Sunday's game, Duke women's basketball will celebrate its eight member senior class. Elizabeth Balogun, Taya Corosdale, Mia Heide, Imani Lewis, Jordyn Oliver, Celeste Taylor, Emma Schmidt and Bo Shaffer will all be recognized for their contributions to the Sisterhood.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/26/23 10:31 am    ::: Re: #22 North Carolina @ #11 Duke - 2/26/23 Reply Reply with quote

GTHCGTH!

(For the uninitiated, that's GoToHellCarolinaGoToHell)

It's Duke's year to win the ACC crown and send the UNCheats back down the road, tail between their legs.

~rAf
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/26/23 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the first half, UNC is shooting 30% and has scored 8 pts each quarter.

Not to be outdone, Duke is shooting 26%.

Each team has 13 turnovers at the half.

And the gods of basketball are weeping.

But Duke is killing them on the boards and has made both of its free throws (while UNC missed both of theirs) and consequently leads 20-16.

And Q3 starts with four missed shots and two turnovers.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/26/23 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aaaaaaaand..........

At the end of thirty minutes of play, we are all tied up at Cameron Indorr, 29-29.

First to 40 wins?

In three quarters, Duke has 22 turnovers (and 11 made baskets). UNC is lagging behind with only 16 turnovers.

I'm guessing that at the end of the day Duke will win this game. They are, frankly, the better team. But in a game played like this, who can tell?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/26/23 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two minutes to play and we're tied at 38, with UNC shooting free throws.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/26/23 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I'm surprised. UNC wins 45-41.

As the announcers just said, to quote, "it wasn't pretty."

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/26/23 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting.

I was just watching the ACCN studio show following the FSU- Clemson game on my DVR.

They said today was the 104th game between Duke and UNC. Todays' 86 point total was the fewest combined points ever scored in those 104 games, and was the first time neither team reached 50.

Not sure those are really records one would want to set. Rolling Eyes

I wonder if the 46 combined turnovers was also a record. Better than a turnover per minute.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/26/23 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Interesting.

I was just watching the ACCN studio show following the FSU- Clemson game on my DVR.

They said today was the 104th game between Duke and UNC. Todays' 86 point total was the fewest combined points ever scored in those 104 games, and was the first time neither team reached 50.

I wonder if the 46 combined turnovers was also a record. Better than a turnover per minute.

More combined turnovers than the winning score?? Who had that for their over/under????

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/26/23 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Interesting.

This is the Duke team we thought we'd see all season this year. There are no shooters on the squad. Yet Coach Kara put together a team competing for the ACC championship and a team that is exciting to watch. There were bunches of exciting defensive plays by Duke and an excellent defensive plan and execution by UNC to finish the game.

We're mad as hell we lost to our arch rival in our house. And, yes, it's embarrassing how few points we scored. But next week starts a new season. And this Duke team will compete. And North Carolina at full strength is not a team any other team should want to play. (except Duke REALLY wants to avenge our to losses to them!)

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: