RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

St John’s @ #4 Connecticut - 2/21/23
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
St John’s
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Connecticut
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 5

Shades

PostPosted: 02/20/23 6:12 pm    ::: St John’s @ #4 Connecticut - 2/21/23 Reply Reply with quote

Storrs, CT - 7:00 PM ET
TV: SNY (Allen Bestwick, Meg Culmo)

Video stream:
http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/sny (CT, NY, NJ, PA)
https://www.foxsports.com/live/ (tvpli)

Audio:
https://thevarsitynetwork.com/audioapplink/source/oas-1502/content/uconn:allaccess-Live-5998

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statmonitr.php?gid=conn

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/21/23 3:30 pm    ::: Re: St John’s @ #4 Connecticut - 2/21/23 Reply Reply with quote

Likely the most interesting thing to watch for in this game will be which, if any, UConn players get off the bench vs the ongoing practice of playing every starter close to 40 mins/game.

Geno says his team "has to" win remaining games and the Big East tournament because of high expectations for his team. Will this tactic of only playing starters lead to further injuries and thus provide Geno with an excuse for UConn not making the FF this season, breaking their current streak? Stay tuned. UConn highly unlikely to lose the game vs St Johns, whether running starters into the ground or giving bench players real time on the court.

~rAf
undersized_post

PostPosted: 02/21/23 4:04 pm    ::: Re: St John’s @ #4 Connecticut - 2/21/23 Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Likely the most interesting thing to watch for in this game will be which, if any, UConn players get off the bench vs the ongoing practice of playing every starter close to 40 mins/game.

Geno says his team "has to" win remaining games and the Big East tournament because of high expectations for his team. Will this tactic of only playing starters lead to further injuries and thus provide Geno with an excuse for UConn not making the FF this season, breaking their current streak? Stay tuned. UConn highly unlikely to lose the game vs St Johns, whether running starters into the ground or giving bench players real time on the court.

I am awfully and absolutely astounded at your ability to beat a dead horse.

PostPosted: 02/21/23 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to him start Amari DeBerry make her play 30 minutes. It drives me crazy to see a player like her that has everything any player or woman could want but just won't compete and work hard to be her best.

Geno has softened up over the years and is not as relentless as he used to be. Amari needs a coach more like Mulkey or Vandervere who won't let her get away with not playing hard and aggressively.

All of Uconn's players are aggressive except Amari. I watched El Alfy from Egypt play and she plays like Boston. She finishes plays! I really like what I saw in her for next year.

Everybody loves Amari but no one can get her batteries charged?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/21/23 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

24-18 SJU early second

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/21/23 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Kara Walters have any eligibility available?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/21/23 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

39-35 UConn approaching mid-third

CBiebel

PostPosted: 02/21/23 8:38 pm    ::: Re: St John’s @ #4 Connecticut - 2/21/23 Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

I don't know the minutes, but looking at the box score, it does look like he's played 8 players. DeBerry and Patterson have played some time, just not sure how much.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 02/21/23 8:47 pm    ::: Re: St John’s @ #4 Connecticut - 2/21/23 Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

I don't know the minutes, but looking at the box score, it does look like he's played 8 players. DeBerry and Patterson have played some time, just not sure how much.

They have played 2 minutes each. Ducharme has played 20 minutes off the bench. The stats link Shades provided lists minutes played during the game (unlike the ESPN one).

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/21/23 8:56 pm    ::: Re: St John’s @ #4 Connecticut - 2/21/23 Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

They have played 2 minutes each. Ducharme has played 20 minutes off the bench. The stats link Shades provided lists minutes played during the game (unlike the ESPN one).

Well, I'll be damned. St.Johns up 4, under a minute. UConn bench (Ducharme) has 3 pts.

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/21/23 8:57 pm    ::: Re: St John’s @ #4 Connecticut - 2/21/23 Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Well, I'll be damned. St.Johns up 4, under a minute. UConn bench (Ducharme) has 3 pts.

Still up 4, now with 37 secs and shooting free throws.

~rAf
Howee

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

(Anyone know....is Queenie conscious??) Shocked

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone check on Queenie Laughing

Is that Sammy P on the Red Storm coaching staff?

Noticed Ducharme had an ice pack on her head during one of the timeouts. I’m starting to wonder if she should still be playing Confused

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Howee! Great minds Laughing Laughing

CBiebel

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Howee wrote:

I was going to wait until after the game to ask.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie must be so happy for coach Tartamella. You know how fond she is on him. She even has him on her signature! Sure wish I could translate Latin!

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Howee wrote:

I was going to wait until after the game to ask.

Understood! If I jinxed them I certainly would’ve deserved Queenie’s ire

CBiebel

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to SJU. Queenie, you have to be ecstatic.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:12 pm    ::: Re: St John’s @ #4 Connecticut - 2/21/23 Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Still up 4, now with 37 secs and shooting free throws.

Up 4, after UConn turnover, 7 secs, SJ at the line. This one is over! 69-64 SJ over UConn. Does UConn keep the #1 seed?

~rAf
RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Red Storm Upset! Congratulations!

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Danielle Patterson had a GREAT game. Congrats to SJU. They started out the season so impressively, and then have just collapsed. This makes up for a lot of the losses.

The past couple of weeks, UConn sure has been making it tough on the Selection Committee and ESPN to keep them on the 1 line. They've stubbornly stuck to it so far, and I'm sure they'll find a way to continue to ignore the reality staring them in the face.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats Queenie!

At. John’s played a great game, they absolutely deserved this win.

UConn is clearly exhausted. I think it’s likely they don’t win the BE tournament, unless Azzi is back. The team just needs some rest.

PostPosted: 02/21/23 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like how y’all thought of me and meanwhile I only caught the last minute or so because it was Pokemon Go night with the pals. I would like to thank Da’Shena and Aliyyah for teaming up to possess their successor to the #3 jersey tonight. I’m insanely proud of the heart and the grit this team showed, and if it results in the winning coach scoring a Big Ten gig off this win after the season the way it did last time, I’m certainly not going to object.

I do appreciate the advances in technology in the last eleven years; the husband missed the Gampel game completely because he was out, but I got to watch the end via the SNY app.

PostPosted: 02/21/23 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Congrats to SJU. Queenie, you have to be ecstatic.

I am pleasantly confused, but in an affectionate and doughnut-filled way.

PostPosted: 02/21/23 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

is this one of those philosophical questions

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: