RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#6 Iowa @ #7 Maryland - 2/21/23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Iowa
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Maryland
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Shades

PostPosted: 02/20/23 6:05 pm    ::: #6 Iowa @ #7 Maryland - 2/21/23 Reply Reply with quote

College Park, MD - 8:00 PM ET
TV: Big Ten Network (Mike Hall, Stephanie White)

Video stream:
https://www.foxsports.com/live/btn (tvpli)

Audio:
https://youtu.be/aVvEugSCrk0

Live stats:
https://umterps.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary
https://statbroadcast.com/events/statmonitr.php?gid=md

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/21/23 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm ordering a pizza for this one! Yes!

Shades

PostPosted: 02/21/23 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

20-17 Iowa late first

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am so sick of that Ocean Spray commercial.

Really? Maryland fan in the stands behind the announcers with a shirt that says "damn it."

I'm not against saying Damn it. Why does he, an adult, feel the need to buy/wear that shirt out in public? I just don't get it.

Oh yeah, Maryland up 50-31 with 8:30 to go in the 3rd.

MD not missing! 45% FG and 54% from 3.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I am so sick of that Ocean Spray commercial.

Really? Maryland fan in the stands behind the announcers with a shirt that says "damn it."

I'm not against saying Damn it. Why does he, an adult, feel the need to buy/wear that shirt out in public? I just don't get it.

Oh yeah, Maryland up 50-31 with 8:30 to go in the 3rd.

MD not missing! 45% FG and 54% from 3.

Terps beating hell out of Hawkeyes.

~rAf
Shades

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maryland opened up a can of whoop ass.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa keeps making long passes, wild passes and MD keep picking them off. Iowa has 17 turnovers and MD has 10 steals.

MD has 6 turnovers and Iowa has 2 steals.

73-49 at the end of the 3rd.

Yes, MD is kicking Iowa's ass.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
linkster

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The difference? MD is 13-25 from 3.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like MD is keeping Sellers out there to try for the triple double, but it looks like she’ll come up a few assists short.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 02/21/23 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Terps were double teaming Czinano inside all night. Iowa started the game very disciplined at passing to the open shooter. Got out to an early lead by making those shots. But when Warnock/Davis/Martin hit a dreadful cold spell and the Terps started to get hot, it felt like Clark et all panicked and started really forcing stuff. The Iowa turnovers and poor shot selection fed the Terps' transition offense, and the game was more or less over by the 2nd quarter.

Brinae Alexander absolutely went offff. Iowa defense did an awful job finding her in transition. I don't necessarily blame Iowa's defensive effort for Lavender Briggs having a season best night though. They love to play the percentages and are usually content to let a sub 30% 3-point shooter have those shots, but wow how it backfired tonight!

The two Iowa/Maryland games this year were really mirror images of each other. In each game the home team shot lights out and the away team just played very undisciplined. To the Terps' credit they did a much better job regrouping in the second half of their loss. Iowa did not. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 02/22/23 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well done, Terps. Cool Heat from the arc, 'n turnovers = The Difference.

Brenda apparently made some critical adjustments after Q1 that paid off.

The Terps smothered Czinano - maybe I missed it, but she did little to break out of those shackles. Might she have helped herself by playing more at the high post or even the perimeter? At the low post, she's much easier to smother, and she seemed kinda helpless to bust that up. There were times I was specifically looking for her and couldn't see her - Clark was certainly not gonna find her, buried under a pile of turtles.

Gonna be a great B1G tourney. Very Happy

PostPosted: 02/22/23 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Are you sure it was a Maryland fan? RAYGUN (a Des Moines-based company) made shirts with that slogan after Caitlin Clark received a technical foul earlier this season for saying it to herself.

https://www.raygunsite.com/products/damn-it

undersized_post

PostPosted: 02/22/23 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
The Terps smothered Czinano - maybe I missed it, but she did little to break out of those shackles. Might she have helped herself by playing more at the high post or even the perimeter? At the low post, she's much easier to smother, and she seemed kinda helpless to bust that up. There were times I was specifically looking for her and couldn't see her - Clark was certainly not gonna find her, buried under a pile of turtles.

What would have helped Czinano get more touches is if Iowa's shooters had actually made the wide open shots the defense was giving them. Marshall quietly had an amazing game, but Warnock, Martin, Davis, and McCabe all had open looks all game yet shot astoundingly awfully, well below their personal averages. All looked a bit rattled by the environment. Better to happen now than in a few weeks...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: