RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Breanna Stewart
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

A New Or Same Place For Breanna Stewart
Liberty
38%
 38%  [ 15 ]
Lynx
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Mystics
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Storm
33%
 33%  [ 13 ]
Other Team
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 39

Author Message
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 5031
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Stewart does not want to play in the league because it does not offer chartered flights and that she detest the prioritization rule then she just needs to be honest and tell the WNBA that. She can imitate her fellow UCONN alumni and retire so she can raise her child.



_________________
The 2021 NBA Champions Milwaukee Bucks. For the Culture! The Chicago Sky are the 2021 WNBA Champions!🏆🏆
johnjohnW



Joined: 11 Aug 2020
Posts: 1531



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stewart making charter travel a priority is probably bad news for the Storm, as they are the least likely team to be able to afford that kind of thing

But basically no one can do it right now. The rules say you can't, and after the big fine for Joe Tsai (big by WNBA standards) they'd absolutely jump all over anyone else who did that without the league's permission. All any of the teams bidding for her can really do is say "yes, we'll support your position". Book a charter flight the league hasn't authorised at this point and you're going to end up losing draft picks and suffering other heavy punishments.

This whole thing's a mess. Stewart reportedly making something teams can't do a big part of her free agency is wild. I'm with pilight on not really understanding why Griner would be a security risk to fly commercial. And even Stewart saying she "would contribute my NIL, posts + production hrs" to set up charter travel is messy. Okay, players want to pay for it? Go for it. Teams and ownership basically don't give a damn how players spend their money. They don't even really care about how players split it up between themselves. If they wanted to take a salary cut to cover charter travel, ownership would've happily discussed that in CBA negotiations. But charter flights for 12 teams for 40+ games each are really expensive. Good luck covering it with what Stewart gets for an Instagram post. Unless some air travel company wants to cut them a wildly sweetheart deal for the publicity, good luck getting ownership to cough up the millions it would all cost. Yes, some of them are billionaires. Several aren't. And it would change the entire budget balances of teams/the league unless it's all being financed centrally. Mess.


Did the players association not even show the players the CBA before it was voted on? A lot of players don't seem to understand what they voted for.


readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 6714
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
If Stewart does not want to play in the league because it does not offer chartered flights and that she detest the prioritization rule then she just needs to be honest and tell the WNBA that. She can imitate her fellow UCONN alumni and retire so she can raise her child.


You may take your seat under the sign "knuckle draggers."

The fact that Breanna is against the prioritization rule BECAUSE she wants to have the option to play overseas AND play in the WNBA actually counters the knuckle dragging thesis that she "does not want to play in the league...so she can retire so she can raise her child." You are entitled to have antequated opinions/beliefs about what WNBA women want w/r/t raising their children. And we are entitled to point out the fallacies in your viewpoint.



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 16142
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stewart making charter travel a priority is probably bad news for the Storm, as they are the least likely team to be able to afford that kind of thing

But basically no one can do it right now. The rules say you can't, and after the big fine for Joe Tsai (big by WNBA standards) they'd absolutely jump all over anyone else who did that without the league's permission. All any of the teams bidding for her can really do is say "yes, we'll support your position". Book a charter flight the league hasn't authorised at this point and you're going to end up losing draft picks and suffering other heavy punishments.

This whole thing's a mess. Stewart reportedly making something teams can't do a big part of her free agency is wild. I'm with pilight on not really understanding why Griner would be a security risk to fly commercial. And even Stewart saying she "would contribute my NIL, posts + production hrs" to set up charter travel is messy. Okay, players want to pay for it? Go for it. Teams and ownership basically don't give a damn how players spend their money. They don't even really care about how players split it up between themselves. If they wanted to take a salary cut to cover charter travel, ownership would've happily discussed that in CBA negotiations. But charter flights for 12 teams for 40+ games each are really expensive. Good luck covering it with what Stewart gets for an Instagram post. Unless some air travel company wants to cut them a wildly sweetheart deal for the publicity, good luck getting ownership to cough up the millions it would all cost. Yes, some of them are billionaires. Several aren't. And it would change the entire budget balances of teams/the league unless it's all being financed centrally. Mess.


Did the players association not even show the players the CBA before it was voted on? A lot of players don't seem to understand what they voted for.


This is always my question.


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 5031
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
If Stewart does not want to play in the league because it does not offer chartered flights and that she detest the prioritization rule then she just needs to be honest and tell the WNBA that. She can imitate her fellow UCONN alumni and retire so she can raise her child.


You may take your seat under the sign "knuckle draggers."

The fact that Breanna is against the prioritization rule BECAUSE she wants to have the option to play overseas AND play in the WNBA actually counters the knuckle dragging thesis that she "does not want to play in the league...so she can retire so she can raise her child." You are entitled to have antequated opinions/beliefs about what WNBA women want w/r/t raising their children. And we are entitled to point out the fallacies in your viewpoint.

I will say it again. I hope that she RETIRES. Live a happy life putting that UCONN degree to good use.



_________________
The 2021 NBA Champions Milwaukee Bucks. For the Culture! The Chicago Sky are the 2021 WNBA Champions!🏆🏆
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 4916
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
If Stewart does not want to play in the league because it does not offer chartered flights and that she detest the prioritization rule then she just needs to be honest and tell the WNBA that. She can imitate her fellow UCONN alumni and retire so she can raise her child.


You may take your seat under the sign "knuckle draggers."

The fact that Breanna is against the prioritization rule BECAUSE she wants to have the option to play overseas AND play in the WNBA actually counters the knuckle dragging thesis that she "does not want to play in the league...so she can retire so she can raise her child." You are entitled to have antequated opinions/beliefs about what WNBA women want w/r/t raising their children. And we are entitled to point out the fallacies in your viewpoint.


Thank you. In solidarity with Breanna Stewart whether she comes to my team (the Liberty) or not.



_________________
Remember Roe v. Wade. Work for and support legal abortion all over the world and full reproductive rights for everyone.
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17512
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stewart making charter travel a priority is probably bad news for the Storm, as they are the least likely team to be able to afford that kind of thing

But basically no one can do it right now. The rules say you can't, and after the big fine for Joe Tsai (big by WNBA standards) they'd absolutely jump all over anyone else who did that without the league's permission. All any of the teams bidding for her can really do is say "yes, we'll support your position". Book a charter flight the league hasn't authorised at this point and you're going to end up losing draft picks and suffering other heavy punishments.

This whole thing's a mess. Stewart reportedly making something teams can't do a big part of her free agency is wild. I'm with pilight on not really understanding why Griner would be a security risk to fly commercial. And even Stewart saying she "would contribute my NIL, posts + production hrs" to set up charter travel is messy. Okay, players want to pay for it? Go for it. Teams and ownership basically don't give a damn how players spend their money. They don't even really care about how players split it up between themselves. If they wanted to take a salary cut to cover charter travel, ownership would've happily discussed that in CBA negotiations. But charter flights for 12 teams for 40+ games each are really expensive. Good luck covering it with what Stewart gets for an Instagram post. Unless some air travel company wants to cut them a wildly sweetheart deal for the publicity, good luck getting ownership to cough up the millions it would all cost. Yes, some of them are billionaires. Several aren't. And it would change the entire budget balances of teams/the league unless it's all being financed centrally. Mess.


Did the players association not even show the players the CBA before it was voted on? A lot of players don't seem to understand what they voted for.


This is always my question.


This, this, all of this. It's nice y'all are getting paid more, and now y'all want chartered travel and to set your own arrival times. TF you think this money is coming from? I'll give you a hint, Breanna: our tickets went up $5 per seat per game with another game on top, and suddenly $1980 turned into $2400.



_________________
Tartamella delenda est.
readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 6714
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
If Stewart does not want to play in the league because it does not offer chartered flights and that she detest the prioritization rule then she just needs to be honest and tell the WNBA that. She can imitate her fellow UCONN alumni and retire so she can raise her child.


You may take your seat under the sign "knuckle draggers."

The fact that Breanna is against the prioritization rule BECAUSE she wants to have the option to play overseas AND play in the WNBA actually counters the knuckle dragging thesis that she "does not want to play in the league...so she can retire so she can raise her child." You are entitled to have antequated opinions/beliefs about what WNBA women want w/r/t raising their children. And we are entitled to point out the fallacies in your viewpoint.


Thank you. In solidarity with Breanna Stewart whether she comes to my team (the Liberty) or not.


I so appreciate you Bob. We need more level headed men who believe in women being able to be moms AND professional career women. Women having to choose between these two is SO dark ages. Some women and men do choose to be parents and not have (or continue to have) a professional career. Optimal word: choose.

Maya Moore chose to interrupt her career to work for a cause she believed in deeply. While on break from her professional basketball career, her interest in continuing her basketball career changed. She chose, not between playing vs being a mom, but between playing vs achieving justice for one individual and others.

We're all entitled to want a player to do one thing or another. We are not entitled to completely misinterpret what the player wants and claim to know what that player wants.



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 3737



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stewart making charter travel a priority is probably bad news for the Storm, as they are the least likely team to be able to afford that kind of thing

But basically no one can do it right now. The rules say you can't, and after the big fine for Joe Tsai (big by WNBA standards) they'd absolutely jump all over anyone else who did that without the league's permission. All any of the teams bidding for her can really do is say "yes, we'll support your position". Book a charter flight the league hasn't authorised at this point and you're going to end up losing draft picks and suffering other heavy punishments.

This whole thing's a mess. Stewart reportedly making something teams can't do a big part of her free agency is wild. I'm with pilight on not really understanding why Griner would be a security risk to fly commercial. And even Stewart saying she "would contribute my NIL, posts + production hrs" to set up charter travel is messy. Okay, players want to pay for it? Go for it. Teams and ownership basically don't give a damn how players spend their money. They don't even really care about how players split it up between themselves. If they wanted to take a salary cut to cover charter travel, ownership would've happily discussed that in CBA negotiations. But charter flights for 12 teams for 40+ games each are really expensive. Good luck covering it with what Stewart gets for an Instagram post. Unless some air travel company wants to cut them a wildly sweetheart deal for the publicity, good luck getting ownership to cough up the millions it would all cost. Yes, some of them are billionaires. Several aren't. And it would change the entire budget balances of teams/the league unless it's all being financed centrally. Mess.


Did the players association not even show the players the CBA before it was voted on? A lot of players don't seem to understand what they voted for.


This is always my question.


This, this, all of this. It's nice y'all are getting paid more, and now y'all want chartered travel and to set your own arrival times. TF you think this money is coming from? I'll give you a hint, Breanna: our tickets went up $5 per seat per game with another game on top, and suddenly $1980 turned into $2400.


In fairness, she just joined a team in Turkey that charges about $3.45 per ticket and in typical games draws about 500 fans. She may actually advocate you paying less for tickets.
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 4916
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
I so appreciate you Bob. We need more level headed men who believe in women being able to be moms AND professional career women. Women having to choose between these two is SO dark ages. Some women and men do choose to be parents and not have (or continue to have) a professional career. Optimal word: choose.

Maya Moore chose to interrupt her career to work for a cause she believed in deeply. While on break from her professional basketball career, her interest in continuing her basketball career changed. She chose, not between playing vs being a mom, but between playing vs achieving justice for one individual and others.

We're all entitled to want a player to do one thing or another. We are not entitled to completely misinterpret what the player wants and claim to know what that player wants.


Thank you. Of course I agree with all that you've written.

And I'd add just one thing to your last paragraph. Yes, "we're all entitled to want a player to do one thing or another." But that doesn't make us entitled to trash that player for choosing a path that doesn't suit our hopes and needs as fans. They don't owe us staying on our team--or continuing their careers in the sport we love--because that's what WE want.



_________________
Remember Roe v. Wade. Work for and support legal abortion all over the world and full reproductive rights for everyone.
ChiSky54



Joined: 19 Jun 2019
Posts: 525
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 5:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Using chartered flights for WNBA teams is just a pipe dream. This current CBA is written in stone and I doubt if the owners are going to pay that cost for that benefit.

I thought I remembered that there was no real game-day benefit to the Libs:
Quote:
All told, the Liberty paid for charter flights for five road games in the second half of the season, as well as a trip to Napa Valley over Labor Day Weekend for a team bonding experience -- a benefit that also violated the CBA. The team ended up losing all five of those road games in the second half of the season, so it's hard to say the better travel gave them much of an edge.

https://www.cbssports.com/wnba/news/wnba-fines-new-york-liberty-league-record-500000-for-taking-chartered-flights-last-season-per-report/

johnjohnW wrote:
Did the players association not even show the players the CBA before it was voted on? A lot of players don't seem to understand what they voted for.

I also wondered if the players actually read the thing! It's is odd timing to bring this to the forefront now.

Then there is the controversy over whether the Tsais did or didn't have a potential deal to make charters available for all. Wasn't a $20M cost projected? Where was the funding coming from?

Was interesting to see why Big Mama Stef said she left the Sky:
Quote:
Stefanie Dolson, the Liberty’s big off-season signing, said it was the franchise’s treatment of players that helped drive her from the WNBA Champion Chicago Sky to New York.

“The entire franchise, you can tell they just really care about their players,” Dolson said. “They care about the level of basketball they put out on the floor, which we can produce the best when we’re not really worried about the other stuff, like where are we going to practice, how are we traveling, what’s the schedule, just all that other stuff. When we can focus on just basketball, we can put out the best product.”

https://www.netsdaily.com/2022/3/17/22976828/what-can-we-learn-from-tsais-willingness-to-pay-big-fines-to-support-players-in-both-wnba-and-nba

This also drew Brondello to the Libs.

Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out - yes, the players deserve charter flights, but it seems they already voted to keep things as they are in the current CBA. What now?



_________________
There is nothing new under the sun.
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 16448
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 6:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
There are security concerns about Griner? Do they think Russia will hijack a flight she's on?


There have been a lot of nasty comments from people that she should of stayed in prison in Russia and that she is anti America because she kneeled during games. So to avoid incidents on planes i guess



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 5031
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Playing basketball in the WNBA is a choice. When the working conditions become unbearable then it's time to find employment elsewhere.



_________________
The 2021 NBA Champions Milwaukee Bucks. For the Culture! The Chicago Sky are the 2021 WNBA Champions!🏆🏆
johnjohnW



Joined: 11 Aug 2020
Posts: 1531



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 7:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Playing basketball in the WNBA is a choice. When the working conditions become unbearable then it's time to find employment elsewhere.


However, it is in the leagues best interest to have the best employees on their payroll. Talent like Stewart is not replaceable.


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 5031
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Playing basketball in the WNBA is a choice. When the working conditions become unbearable then it's time to find employment elsewhere.


However, it is in the leagues best interest to have the best employees on their payroll. Talent like Stewart is not replaceable.

A business will cease to exist when the expenses are greater than the income.



_________________
The 2021 NBA Champions Milwaukee Bucks. For the Culture! The Chicago Sky are the 2021 WNBA Champions!🏆🏆
johnjohnW



Joined: 11 Aug 2020
Posts: 1531



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Playing basketball in the WNBA is a choice. When the working conditions become unbearable then it's time to find employment elsewhere.


However, it is in the leagues best interest to have the best employees on their payroll. Talent like Stewart is not replaceable.

A business will cease to exist when the expenses are greater than the income.


Then how is the W still in existence? Lore has it that the league has hemorrhaged money since it's inception and never turned a profit. The thing is, leagues and businesses constantly downplay their profitability on order to suppress wages. The NBA itself is notorious for this.

Do you really believe low level team owners like Seattle, Chicago, Dallas, etc are losing money year after year? The accounting may say so but the reality doesn't make sense. Those owners would've been bankrupt years ago.

There is a middle ground here and it is on the players union, the league and the owners to find a path forward. The players missed their opportunity at the last CBA for whatever reason, so it seems odd they want to pick this battle directly after agreeing to the CBA.


Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 4916
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
pilight wrote:
There are security concerns about Griner? Do they think Russia will hijack a flight she's on?


There have been a lot of nasty comments from people that she should of stayed in prison in Russia and that she is anti America because she kneeled during games. So to avoid incidents on planes i guess


You're right. There's plenty of ugly anti-Griner feeling out there. I just went to Google and hit in "anti-Griner" and then "Griner hates America." Anyone who does so can find LOTS of articles about all this. These sickening sentiments became far more public after the deal to bring Griner home was announced.

I'm not going to post any of these distressing articles here. In my view, there are strong reasons for Griner and those who care about her to have security concerns.



_________________
Remember Roe v. Wade. Work for and support legal abortion all over the world and full reproductive rights for everyone.


Last edited by Bob Lamm on 01/24/23 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 4916
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Deleted.



_________________
Remember Roe v. Wade. Work for and support legal abortion all over the world and full reproductive rights for everyone.
SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4859



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne
·
"Former WNBA MVP Breanna Stewart has made charter air travel a key factor in her free agency, league sources told ESPN."
"The issue of private air travel has come to the forefront of free agent conversations around the WNBA, multiple sources told ESPN, because of the assumption that Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner will need to fly privately due to security concerns."


Ramona also writes that Stewie offered up some of her NIL money to help with flights.

Issue 1- Would all of the Mercury be able to fly, or just BG?

Issue 2- The players in the league would have to vote on an amendment to allow this, but I doubt it would go through if the other 11 teams cannot fly private.


Elena Delle Donne
@De11eDonne
Replying to
@breannastewart
I’m in! Whatever it takes.


It appears to me Elena has Breanna's back. Can the WNBA stop Breanna and Elena from charting their own flights for their selves and Mystics teammates?

https://www.aircharterserviceusa.com/group-charter/group-travel


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 16142
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne
·
"Former WNBA MVP Breanna Stewart has made charter air travel a key factor in her free agency, league sources told ESPN."
"The issue of private air travel has come to the forefront of free agent conversations around the WNBA, multiple sources told ESPN, because of the assumption that Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner will need to fly privately due to security concerns."


Ramona also writes that Stewie offered up some of her NIL money to help with flights.

Issue 1- Would all of the Mercury be able to fly, or just BG?

Issue 2- The players in the league would have to vote on an amendment to allow this, but I doubt it would go through if the other 11 teams cannot fly private.


Elena Delle Donne
@De11eDonne
Replying to
@breannastewart
I’m in! Whatever it takes.


It appears to me Elena has Breanna's back. Can the WNBA stop Breanna and Elena from charting their own flights for their selves and Mystics teammates?

https://www.aircharterserviceusa.com/group-charter/group-travel


I have a feeling the players would feel very differently about this issue if they had to pay for it themselves ....


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 5031
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewart should only play in Europe. She will be happier there than in the W. More money. Better benefits.



_________________
The 2021 NBA Champions Milwaukee Bucks. For the Culture! The Chicago Sky are the 2021 WNBA Champions!🏆🏆
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 65573
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Stewart should only play in Europe. She will be happier there than in the W. More money. Better benefits.


Better benefits in what way? They don't fly to most games at all, they take a train or a bus.



_________________
It kills me when people talk about California hedonism. Anybody who talks about California hedonism has never spent a Christmas in Sacramento.
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 5031
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Stewart should only play in Europe. She will be happier there than in the W. More money. Better benefits.


Better benefits in what way? They don't fly to most games at all, they take a train or a bus.

It will benefit my eyes not to see her in the W.



_________________
The 2021 NBA Champions Milwaukee Bucks. For the Culture! The Chicago Sky are the 2021 WNBA Champions!🏆🏆
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 4916
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dear Rock Hard--

Any chance of a quota on the number of posts in this thread in which you express your contempt for Breanna Stewart? I support your right to express your dislike, but again and again? Really? Did she murder four of your children?

Bob



_________________
Remember Roe v. Wade. Work for and support legal abortion all over the world and full reproductive rights for everyone.
SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4859



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne
·
"Former WNBA MVP Breanna Stewart has made charter air travel a key factor in her free agency, league sources told ESPN."
"The issue of private air travel has come to the forefront of free agent conversations around the WNBA, multiple sources told ESPN, because of the assumption that Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner will need to fly privately due to security concerns."


Ramona also writes that Stewie offered up some of her NIL money to help with flights.

Issue 1- Would all of the Mercury be able to fly, or just BG?

Issue 2- The players in the league would have to vote on an amendment to allow this, but I doubt it would go through if the other 11 teams cannot fly private.


Elena Delle Donne
@De11eDonne
Replying to
@breannastewart
I’m in! Whatever it takes.


It appears to me Elena has Breanna's back. Can the WNBA stop Breanna and Elena from charting their own flights for their selves and Mystics teammates?

https://www.aircharterserviceusa.com/group-charter/group-travel


I have a feeling the players would feel very differently about this issue if they had to pay for it themselves ....


[url]https://twitter.com/breannastewart/status/1617252721001918464[url]

Breanna Stewart
@breannastewart

I would love to be part of a deal that helps subsidize charter travel for the entire WNBA.

I would contribute my NIL, posts + production hrs to ensure we all travel in a way that prioritizes player health + safety, which ultimately results in a better product.

Who’s with me?


Elena responded she's all in whatever it takes.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin