RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

BRING IT ON SLOVYDAL BACKWARDS!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/06/06 12:38 pm    ::: BRING IT ON SLOVYDAL BACKWARDS!!!! Reply Reply with quote

No self-respecting Husky fan can actually say the name this weekend!

I was so successful before the UNC game it's time to start the talking now!!!!!

This one won't be a FLUKEr win for UT, as the Huskies have TURNer'd over a new leaf and are hitting their stride!!!

Candace will be PARKER'd on her behind when she crashes the middle vs Charde and Will!

UT will be HORN(buckle)-Swaggled by Mel Thomas and Ann Strother bombing in threes, while Renee Montgomery reminds Alexis what a REAL point guard is like.

Khalana will make Zolman GREENE with envy after UConn runs through Knoxville, leaving only a trail of signed copies of Geno's book behind!

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!

desafiada6

PostPosted: 01/06/06 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow DT...how very poetic!!!

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

gopher5

PostPosted: 01/06/06 12:59 pm    ::: Re: BRING IT ON SLOVYDAL BACKWARDS!!!! Reply Reply with quote

If this turns out like the UNC game, Geno may have to ban you from posting. Wink

Lynx fans are having a viewing party to watch this game, along with the game with the Gophers vs. future Question Lynx member Seimone.

I wish they would show the Rutgers-MSU game later or on another channel so we could see it in MN.

I hope all are good, entertaining game and am rooting for the Gophers Shocked and the Huskies. I usually want the Spartans to win when they are not playing MN, but am interested in seeing how Cappie does too.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/06/06 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know who I want to win this game, but I really want Strother to have a good one. Also, I will not be thrilled if it is a blowout. Worst thing that can happen during the course of a WCBB season is a disappointing UT-UConn game.

PostPosted: 01/06/06 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

courtesy of CThskzfn on the ESPN board...

Quote:
YOU MIGHT BE A LADY VOL FAN IF:
1. You cannot fathom why some people are irritated at multiple renditions of “Rocky Top.”
2. You think CDs of “Rocky Top” should be available at places like Eddie’s Auto Parts and Mack’s Rib Shack.
3. You believe that Geno is the anti-Christ and his teams are the spawns of Satan, and can’t understand why your minister never mentions that in his sermons.
4. You’ve asked Victoria’s Secret for camouflage pattern orange panties trimmed in Tennessee Sky blue with white lace.
5. You believe the only good thing about Connecticut is that it ain’t Massacheusetts.
6: You still believe that Svet was a KGB plant sent to sabotage the Connecticut firearms industry as part of a long term Commie takeover plot to disarm American citizens, and the truth of this is out there. Oh, if only RNA would use his considerable legal talents to sue the FBI under the Freedom of Information law to get the documents released!
7. You’ve ever celebrated a Lady Vol victory by playing “Rocky Top” on the juke box at the Waffle House.
8. You believe that “Auriemma” is an Italian word meaning “large rectum on shoulders of short man.”
9. You think Geno would be the perfect celebrity spokesman to help market Preparation H as a facial cream
10: You believe that a witty comment is, “If God ever gives the world an enema, He’ll stick it into the UConn campus and He won’t even lubricate the nozzle.”

...the anti-Christ and the spawn of satan! AMEN to that! Go Lady Vols!

24duzitall

PostPosted: 01/06/06 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

woohoo!! i am going to this game -got great seats almost center court a few rows from the floor! it's great to know someone in the ticket office!! my cousin and his wife live in knoxville so i got a cheap place to stay too!
go lady vols.
gonna kick some uconn ass. Very Happy

PostPosted: 01/06/06 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:

Quote:
1. You cannot fathom why some people are irritated at multiple renditions of “Rocky Top.”
2. You think CDs of “Rocky Top” should be available at places like Eddie’s Auto Parts and Mack’s Rib Shack.
3. You believe that Geno is the anti-Christ and his teams are the spawns of Satan, and can’t understand why your minister never mentions that in his sermons.
4. You’ve asked Victoria’s Secret for camouflage pattern orange panties trimmed in Tennessee Sky blue with white lace.
5. You believe the only good thing about Connecticut is that it ain’t Massacheusetts.
6: You still believe that Svet was a KGB plant sent to sabotage the Connecticut firearms industry as part of a long term Commie takeover plot to disarm American citizens, and the truth of this is out there. Oh, if only RNA would use his considerable legal talents to sue the FBI under the Freedom of Information law to get the documents released!
7. You’ve ever celebrated a Lady Vol victory by playing “Rocky Top” on the juke box at the Waffle House.
8. You believe that “Auriemma” is an Italian word meaning “large rectum on shoulders of short man.”
9. You think Geno would be the perfect celebrity spokesman to help market Preparation H as a facial cream
10: You believe that a witty comment is, “If God ever gives the world an enema, He’ll stick it into the UConn campus and He won’t even lubricate the nozzle.”

ROFL, that is funny!

PostPosted: 01/06/06 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did anyone see the ESPN.com article with the excerpt from Geno's book? I may be way behind on the book and most news, but does anyone like Rene Portland? I wasn't expecting the Rene slam in the Pat/Geno references.

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 01/06/06 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great DTS, we all know how well your little poem worked before the UNC game. Jynx.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/06/06 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ryan2528 wrote:
Great DTS, we all know how well your little poem worked before the UNC game. Jynx.

COME ONE RYAN!!! LIGHTNING DOESN'T STRIKE TWICE!!!!! Wink

CKent

PostPosted: 01/06/06 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
Did anyone see the ESPN.com article with the excerpt from Geno's book? I may be way behind on the book and most news, but does anyone like Rene Portland?

I did. Rene must truly represent The Ultimate Evil In The Galaxy if she can even bring Pat and Geno together. I liked that excerpt so much that I'm probably going to pick the book up now.

I think this is shaping up to be one of those "statement games" for Tennessee...which spells bad news for UConn.

My pick: A close game at the half, but not at the end. UT wins pulling away. Maybe even a blowout. The Lady Vols are jacked for this one.

mikey87

PostPosted: 01/06/06 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the LADY VOLS are going to take this one it wont be a blowout but they'll win it because they are the better team point blank.

bullsky

PostPosted: 01/06/06 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should I feel stupid for not realizing SLOVYDALS is LADY VOLS backward? Embarassed Wink

PostPosted: 01/06/06 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ryan2528 wrote:

COME ONE RYAN!!! LIGHTNING DOESN'T STRIKE TWICE!!!!! Wink

Well, I have to give you credit for being undeterred. Laughing

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 01/06/06 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

COME ONE RYAN!!! LIGHTNING DOESN'T STRIKE TWICE!!!!!

I hope not, and I'll be praying.

gpark33

PostPosted: 01/06/06 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CKent wrote:
I did. Rene must truly represent The Ultimate Evil In The Galaxy if she can even bring Pat and Geno together. I liked that excerpt so much that I'm probably going to pick the book up now.

I think this is shaping up to be one of those "statement games" for Tennessee...which spells bad news for UConn.

My pick: A close game at the half, but not at the end. UT wins pulling away. Maybe even a blowout. The Lady Vols are jacked for this one.

I am tempted to go buy it too.

I agree with you this game has potential for UT to really do something. They seem to be making small statements by winning and having different people come up big for them so far this season. I am halfway expecting everyone to bring it for this game.

Not to say UCONN will not have an answer. I hope it's a good tight game.

On another note, is anyone expecting Parker to open up with her first dunk against UCONN at home???

Sass

PostPosted: 01/06/06 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:

Quote:

yyyyyep, I'm a Vol fan.

I'm gonna have to roll out the haikus for this one.......brb......

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
Sass

PostPosted: 01/06/06 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nameless uniforms
the man with the wall of hair
champs too many times

tired of them all
the epitome of evil
not your time to shine

Conn, take a number
it's not your turn for a while
need some new flava

young and fresh talent
that beloved fossil has
Summitt's on top now

blaze that orange brightly
Candace, Alexis, Shanna
show em how it's done

it's yours righteously
alla those trips ta tha Four
now you're number one

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
bigbri131014

PostPosted: 01/06/06 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i have to work and wont be able to see the game.. LETS GO HUSKIES! BEAT THE ORANGE OUTTA TENNESSEE AND THE BABY BLUE OUTTA PAT'S JUMPSUIT THAT SHE WEARS EVERY DAMN TIME UT PLAYS UCONN!!!! GO HUSKIESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

giraffespots

PostPosted: 01/06/06 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Should I feel stupid for not realizing SLOVYDALS is LADY VOLS backward? Embarassed Wink

We can feel stupid together, cos I didn't realize it either!!

PostPosted: 01/06/06 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

giraffespots wrote:
Streaks wrote:

We can feel stupid together, cos I didn't realize it either!!

Let's make it the Doofus Trio. I didn't get it until today.

What can I say? I'm a very linear thinker.

jimmyk

PostPosted: 01/06/06 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:

Quote:

Just for fun, I've gotta answer these one by one.

1. Yes. I just don't understand it.
2. Yes.
3. Absolutely! I'm sure that's in some version of the Bible somewhere...must do research on that one. Wink
4. Uh, no.
5. Nope. I like Massachusetts better. Maybe.
6. Yep. I've known it ever since and no one believed me.
7. Never been to a Waffle House, but I do play it on iTunes.
8. Hahahaha! Yeah, I guess so. But just on Tennessee/UConn gamedays. Other times, I can tolerate him, I guess.
9. Heh. That's funny. Perhaps.
10. Nah. That's a little much. There are many other places in the world that this one applies to.

There should be one in there about the whole Evil Empire thing. Wink

By the way, I didn't realize that about Slovy's name either. Duh. Not that I think much about where names come from anyway, really.

Go Lady Vols!!!

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 01/07/06 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
Did anyone see the ESPN.com article with the excerpt from Geno's book? I may be way behind on the book and most news, but does anyone like Rene Portland?

Apparently Suzie McConnell-Serio does (heavy sigh).

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/07/06 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:

You didn't, I did. Very Happy

PostPosted: 01/07/06 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:

."cuuuL deirub I" syas ti sdrawkcab eman s'nageeK daer uoy fI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: