RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other Games 1/15/23-1/21/23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/14/23 8:51 pm    ::: Other Games 1/15/23-1/21/23 Reply Reply with quote

And January rolls on.

PostPosted: 01/15/23 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Louisville beat FSU 82-75 in Tallahassee.

Good, tight, exciting game between two dangerous teams, one of which is well ahead of expectations, the other well behind.

FSU had a small lead nearly the entire game until a couple minutes into the 4th Q. Then Louisville led, but it was still a 2 pt game with under a minute to play.

Good road win for Louisville.

Latson had an off day, with only 11 pts on 3-16 shooting. And it appears FSU cannot afford to have her have an off day. Bejedi carried things for FSU today.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/15/23 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Good, tight, exciting game between two dangerous teams, one of which is well ahead of expectations, the other well behind.

FSU had a small lead nearly the entire game until a couple minutes into the 4th Q. Then Louisville led, but it was still a 2 pt game with under a minute to play.

Latson had an off day, with only 11 pts on 3-16 shooting. And it appears FSU cannot afford to have her have an off day. Bejedi carried things for FSU today.

Different perspective: now that Latson is the recognized STAR of the team, she's become the focal point of defensive game planning. Fl State and Latson have to recognize and have a plan B when Latson gets smothered or Fl State's great run is over.

~rAf
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/15/23 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Different perspective: now that Latson is the recognized STAR of the team, she's become the focal point of defensive game planning. Fl State and Latson have to recognize and have a plan B when Latson gets smothered or Fl State's great run is over.

I think she's been the recognized star for a while now. She hasn’t been surprising anyone for weeks.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/18/23 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Andddd.....(of course!) 2 matchups I'd love to watch, and BTN ain't covering them:

Iowa @ Michigan St., and Indiana @ Illinois. I'm predicting rankings will prevail, BUT....the B1G has been full of surprises.

PostPosted: 01/18/23 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everything tonight is on the +s, either ESPN+ or BTN+. I disapprove strongly. Fortunately for us, SNY picked up UMass and Fordham. Unfortunately for all parties involved, it’s 17-12 at the Q2 media timeout, Fordham has more turnovers than points, and Megan Jonassen left the game with what I’m guessing is a pretty serious hip injury.

PostPosted: 01/18/23 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Andddd.....(of course!) 2 matchups I'd love to watch, and BTN ain't covering them:

Iowa @ Michigan St., and Indiana @ Illinois. I'm predicting rankings will prevail, BUT....the B1G has been full of surprises.

We have three different BTN+ games going - iPhone, IPad and AppleTV. All close, good contests! Now only if MSU’s broadcast team could stop shouting in their too hot microphones… my ears hurt!

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/18/23 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rose Micheaux had a huge game for Minnesota in the win at Penn State tonight - 31 points on 14-16 FG, 14 rebounds in 32 minutes.

Last edited by mzonefan on 01/18/23 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Howee

PostPosted: 01/18/23 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TX Tech up by 2 on TX, with under 3min to go in the game. Shocked

PostPosted: 01/18/23 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette lost at St. John's - not a huge surprise but was surprised to hear the announcers say that Marquette had won the last 8 games between the two schools (not sure if that was correct or not).

I was surprised to see DePaul lose at Georgetown 87-73 tonight. DePaul isn't as good this season as they've been the last number of years but I still don't expect to see them lose to Georgetown.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/19/23 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ashley Owusu is back in lineup for Virginia Tech.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/19/23 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

What will be interesting to see is, are they actually better with her or without her?

I haven't seen the game tonight, but she is, so far, 1-3. More importantly, with her playing, VT is beating lowly last-place, winless-in-conference Pitt by a whopping 2 pts, 34-32 at the half.

It looks like this game has been all on Kitley's and Soule's shoulders.

Will be interesting to see how VT is changed with Owusu playing.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/19/23 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Georgia Southern came to Harrisonburg, and true to form, they were loaded for bear. Their conference record was 3-3 and JMI was unbeaten. After a rough and tumble game that featured 38 fouls being called (and some that weren't and should have been), GA Southern won, 69-65. Peyton McDaniel was high for JMU with 26 and Terren Jackson had 23 for GA Southern.

PostPosted: 01/20/23 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

....and - as if heavily scripted - the announcers rambled on about the huge significance of this player, and one of them even rated her as one of the best in the nation. Shocked Razz

PostPosted: 01/21/23 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toughest conference game so far for JMU. Troy came to town and it was a rough and tumble affair with JMU squeaking out a win, 80-79, in a game marked by horrible refereeing. Peyton McDaniel had 28 and Kiki Jefferson 21 for the Dukes, while Makayia Hallmon did the bulk of the scoring for Troy with 33 points.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: