RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Michigan St @ #17 Michigan - 1/14/23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/14/23 12:19 pm    ::: Michigan St @ #17 Michigan - 1/14/23 Reply Reply with quote

Ann Arbor, MI - 2:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video stream:
https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/playerpage/1562033 (sub)

Audio:
https://thevarsitynetwork.com/audioapplink/source/oas-1344/content/umichigan:allaccess-Live-1704

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=431855

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/14/23 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was another great crowd and a good rivalry win for Michigan. https://mgoblue.com/news/2023/1/14/womens-basketball-wolverines-pack-crisler-capture-rivalry-win-over-michigan-state.aspx

Quote:
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- The No. 17-ranked University of Michigan women's basketball team forced 22 turnovers and led by as many as 18 points in a 70-55 win over Michigan State in front of 10,534 fans Saturday afternoon (Jan. 14) at Crisler Center. It is the first time in program history that Michigan has played in front of back-to-back home crowds of at least 10,000.

Michigan had four players score in double figures, led by another Leigha Brown gem -- 17 points, two rebounds, six assists and two steals. Emily Kiser went for 14 points, six boards and two assists, with Laila Phelia (12) and Maddie Nolan (10) rounding out Michigan's top scorers. U-M forced the Spartans into 22 turnovers, resulting in 22 points for the Maize and Blue. U-M shot 43.4 percent from the floor but hit nine of 20 triples, while holding Michigan State to 35.1 percent shooting from the floor and a 15.8 percent showing from distance.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/14/23 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Leigha Brown is a BEAST. Her numbers are terrific-but-not-gaudy, and she's a tremendous leader, a hugely positive force on her team. It IS 'her' team. She reminds me a lot of Sabrina Ionescu in that regard. If Leigha doesn't go in the first round, somebody's missing out.

Awesome to see such a turnout, too!

PostPosted: 01/14/23 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Leigha Brown is a BEAST. Her numbers are terrific-but-not-gaudy, and she's a tremendous leader, a hugely positive force on her team. It IS 'her' team. She reminds me a lot of Sabrina Ionescu in that regard. If Leigha doesn't go in the first round, somebody's missing out.

It’s pretty amazing to see Leigha thriving in the point guard role - a completely new position for her.

PG4ever

PostPosted: 01/15/23 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

One of my favorite players. Love her game but I'd be shocked if she went in the first round. I hope that she'll get drafted at all and get an opportunity to play in the W.

Does anybody know what's up with Kampshroeder? When she transferred I thought we'd see a lot more of and from her. Is she injured? Looks like she hasn't had a lot of minutes, especially the past few games.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/15/23 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
Howee wrote:

One of my favorite players. Love her game but I'd be shocked if she went in the first round. I hope that she'll get drafted at all and get an opportunity to play in the W.

Does anybody know what's up with Kampshroeder? When she transferred I thought we'd see a lot more of and from her. Is she injured? Looks like she hasn't had a lot of minutes, especially the past few games.

KBA said the more minutes that she gets from Ari Wiggins, as a solid back-up to Leigha at the point, will give a chance to put Greta at her more natural spot at shooting guard. Greta split her time at both spots on Saturday. KBA spread a lot more minutes down the bench the last couple of games!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: