Another team (which one?)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
She ends up staying in Dallas
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/11/23 11:03 pm    ::: Allisha Gray officially traded from Dallas to Atlanta Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Khristina/status/1613363135146037254

Quote:
SOURCES: Allisha Gray is expected to be traded from Dallas. Possible destinations include Washington, Chicago, Connecticut, and Atlanta. Gray is in the last year of her contract and plans to exercise free agency when her contract is up.

These trade rumors have existed since July of last year, but are clearly still relevant – shout-out to Khristina Williams for her top-tier reporting from the beginning. Nice that we have updated info here. Who wants [potentially only one year of] Allisha Gray?

EDIT: She’s going to Atlanta in exchange for their #3 Pick and 2025 1RP. https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/35476498/sources-dream-acquire-allisha-gray-trade-wings

Last edited by Stormeo on 01/21/23 3:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
pilight

PostPosted: 01/11/23 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta is close to home, if that matters to her. It's just two hours to Sandersville.

PostPosted: 01/11/23 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atl pick 3
Wash pick 4
Chi pick 5

that's an interesting bidding war

Conn is harder Bonner? I already doubt Dallas fans would be into it maybe Bonner and #10? or sign and Trade Heideman and #10? I could make an argument for Bonner being the type of vet that could help Dallas get better but it might hurt the cap for retaining both Mabrey and McCowan because Bonner actually makes more than Gray.

Heideman and #10 could be interesting

back to the pick war

Chi could add Hebard to #5 to try and upgrade over Atl offering #3

Wash probably tries and stay with just #4 (maybe wash goes the vet root and offers Cloud or Atkins but I am not sure they would do that)

Al could try to up the ante by offering Hillmon or McDonald with the #3 pick but considering #3 is probably the best offer to start I will go with

Gray to Atl for pick #3

If Atl makes that kind of move I think they will try to do other win now free agent signings to build around R. Howard and Gray

look to see Hayes return and Alt go after B. Jones or T. Charles or A. Stevens who I think is poised to break out next season

and on Dallas' end they can add the #3 pick and with the money they save on Gray they can retain Mabrey and McCowan without getting into a bidding war and might have enough left over to add in a vet minimum or slightly better to round out their squad maybe this is where someone like Coffey or Sykes could come into play.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/12/23 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i’m personally most intrigued by Connecticut, especially if either of the couples on the team (Bonner & AThomas, Hiedeman & JThomas) are return options in what would shape up to be a 'blockbuster-adjacent' deal

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/12/23 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here come's all the trade idea's with Dallas receiving the other teams scrubs Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Not so fast everybody . Just wait and be patient Cool Cool

Im happy this is actually happening , makes sense when i saw we extended qualifying offers for Mabrey and McCowan last night . Praise god hopefully it was not disrespectful to either player. Give them what they deserve especially Marina she's gotten so much better as a Wing.

PostPosted: 01/12/23 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

here they come indeed, and i don’t wanna stay patient Laughing as said above, Gray’s value is nerfed a bit since she’s on the last year of her deal and seemingly isn’t willing to sign an extension (and i don’t really blame her)

Atlanta:

—Gray for the #8
—Gray for [the rights to] Hayes + the #15
—Gray + Burton/Harris + the #11 for McDonald + the #8 + the #15

Chicago:

—Gray + Alarie/Burton/Collier/Harris/Kuier/the #11 for the #5
—Gray + the #19 for [the rights to] Gardner
—Gray + Alarie/Collier/Kuier + the #11 for Hebard + the #5 + 2024/25 2RP

Connecticut:

—Gray + Alarie/Collier/Kuier + 2024/25 1RP for Bonner + AThomas
—Gray + Sabally (+ the #11) for Bonner + AThomas
—Gray + Burton/Harris for JThomas + Hiedeman

Washington:

—Gray + Alarie/Burton/Collier/Harris/Kuier/the #11 for the #4
—Gray for Atkins
—Gray + Alarie/Burton/Collier/Harris/Kuier/the #11 for Hines-Allen

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/12/23 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
here they come indeed, and i don’t wanna stay patient Laughing as said above, Gray’s value is nerfed a bit since she’s on the last year of her deal and seemingly isn’t willing to sign an extension (and i don’t really blame her)

Atlanta:

—Gray for the #8

Chicago:

Connecticut:

Washington:

—Gray for Atkins

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Why include others from our team when it's Gray wanting to be traded. We can stand pact and only include her as an assett and run up the price for whomever wants her. I doubt we include a 2nd player and if we do it better be only Collier . Those ideas above i can't say any make sense to me. Maybe Gray for Hayes & #8 but then again Hayes is on the tail end of her career while Gray is entering her prime . Give us Hayes and #3 otherwise Bibb hang up the phone !

PostPosted: 01/12/23 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gray for B. Jones and Heiderman

PostPosted: 01/12/23 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless a team has decided 2023 is their last year of their contention window, most teams aren’t gonna want to give up anything too interesting for what may only be one year of Allisha Gray, even as she’s a very good player. What if it was your team that wanted to trade for a good player on the last year of their deal and wouldn’t commit beyond that? Maybe you wouldn’t wanna give up anything too interesting either. Anything included in a deal, such as an Alarie or a Collier that won’t be missed anyway on this Wings roster, theoretically helps get you back a better return assuming a return team is receptive towards that kind of add-in. I certainly didn’t include Mabrey or McCowan in any of these deals, did I.

If Gray were willing to immediately signing even a one-year extension onto her contract if her final candidates wanted her to, it’s a totally different story, totally different values, totally different trade. Otherwise, as of right now, she’s a rental.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/12/23 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about the No. 7 pick and any player not named Smith or K Mitchell or Egbo from Indiana?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/12/23 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
How about the No. 7 pick and any player not named Smith or K Mitchell or Egbo from Indiana?

It’s neither here nor there on a thread like this, but imo Indiana ought to consider selling high on Egbo while her value’s fairly good – cuz I think it’s about to go down once Boston comes into the fold and Egbo’s theoretically relegated to a lesser role.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/12/23 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

It’s neither here nor there on a thread like this, but imo Indiana ought to consider selling high on Egbo while her value’s fairly good – cuz I think it’s about to go down once Boston comes into the fold and Egbo’s theoretically relegated to a lesser role.

Actually a good point. I initially didn't include Egbo, but added her at the last minute. If we could sign Gray to an extension, I would throw in Egbo.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/12/23 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Unless a team has decided 2023 is their last year of their contention window, most teams aren’t gonna want to give up anything too interesting for what may only be one year of Allisha Gray, even as she’s a very good player. What if it was your team that wanted to trade for a good player on the last year of their deal and wouldn’t commit beyond that? Maybe you wouldn’t wanna give up anything too interesting either. Anything included in a deal, such as an Alarie or a Collier that won’t be missed anyway on this Wings roster, theoretically helps get you back a better return assuming a return team is receptive towards that kind of add-in. I certainly didn’t include Mabrey or McCowan in any of these deals, did I.

If Gray were willing to immediately signing even a one-year extension onto her contract if her final candidates wanted her to, it’s a totally different story, totally different values, totally different trade. Otherwise, as of right now, she’s a rental.

Or the 4 teams named are her preferred destinations who know she will resign for more than 1 year ? Both ideas are reaching ill just be glad when its done and we can focus on Mabrey and McCowans Mula .

PostPosted: 01/12/23 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Atlanta:

—Gray for the #8

Chicago:

Connecticut:

Washington:

—Gray for Atkins

WAS: Gray
DAL: Adkins

I WOULD DO THIS IS A NANO SECOND + you can have the 2nd round pick!!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/12/23 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Gray for B. Jones and Heiderman

DONE!!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/12/23 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

#7, #13 + Henderson

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 01/12/23 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Atlanta:

—Gray for the #8

Chicago:

Connecticut:

Washington:

—Gray for Atkins

Las Vegas:

—Gray for the #36 (assuming we don't trade it straight up for Stewie)

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/12/23 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

#7, #13 + Henderson

If she signs an extension at the time of the trade, sure.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/12/23 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
Las Vegas:

—Gray for the #36 (assuming we don't trade it straight up for Stewie)

sir, you already have a Gray

(now with spelling variations)
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/12/23 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

#7, #13 + Henderson

For 7, 13 and Henderson I'd be tempted to do it even without the extension. Indiana are one of the few teams who could happily core her at the end of the season and not really care that it'd be an overpay if she just signed it.

From the Dallas side they do have to bear in mind both the cap and the roster elements. If you were going to pay BJones and Hiedeman in the suggestion above, for example, someone else meaningful (like Mabrey or McCowan) is going out the door. So there's extra cost beyond what's actually involved in the deal.

Apologies for bringing reality into all this.

PostPosted: 01/12/23 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am sticking with

To Atl for the #3 pick

It is easy, makes sense for both teams (Atlanta adds a perfect complimentary veto to a Howard led team, Dallas gets a high draft pick and Dallas frees up cap space to secure Mabrey and McCowan and depending on how much their contracts are the Wings might even have enough left over for a vet minimum or more to add a little more experience to their roster) and the trade moves both teams in a positive direction

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/12/23 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

#7, #13 + Henderson

Keeping my fingers crossed then😁

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/12/23 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

#7, #13 + Henderson

For 7, 13 and Henderson I'd be tempted to do it even without the extension. Indiana are one of the few teams who could happily core her at the end of the season and not really care that it'd be an overpay if she just signed it.

From the Dallas side they do have to bear in mind both the cap and the roster elements. If you were going to pay BJones and Hiedeman in the suggestion above, for example, someone else meaningful (like Mabrey or McCowan) is going out the door. So there's extra cost beyond what's actually involved in the deal.

Would it work if Izzy walks and we cut Collier & Dickey?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/12/23 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="J-Spoon"]I am sticking with

To Atl for the #3 pick

It is easy, makes sense for both teams (Atlanta adds a perfect complimentary veto to a Howard led team, Dallas gets a high draft pick and Dallas frees up cap space to secure Mabrey and McCowan and depending on how much their contracts are the Wings might even have enough left over for a vet minimum or more to add a little more experience to their roster) and the trade moves both teams in a positive direction[/quote

The money is already there now to secure Mabrey & Mccowan and draft picks are a hit and miss...Bibb should have learned that by now!!!

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/12/23 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Would it work if Izzy walks and we cut Collier & Dickey?

I'm already assuming Harrison's gone. Cut Collier and Dickey, trade away Gray, you'd be down to 7 players and $673,564 of cap space. Vaguely plausible you'd fit Mabrey, McCowan, Jones and Hiedeman into that, I guess. Not sure I'd call it likely.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: