RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Georgia at Ole Miss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/05/06 9:33 pm    ::: Georgia at Ole Miss Reply Reply with quote

Georgia 75, Mississippi 60 7:49 remaining, I'm surprised at the margin, especially with the game being played at Mississippi.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/06 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Georgia is in good shape when Darrah has a strong game providing a scorer aside from Baker and Humphrey.

The only thing is Darrah, the only other capable post on the team, scores all her points outside the lane. I do like her as a player, but Georgia really needs someone to give Humphrey some air down low.

PostPosted: 01/05/06 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought the same thing.

mikey87

PostPosted: 01/05/06 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm happy to see the score but I am surprised by the score also there's now 3:44 remaining and the key stat in this game so far is PRICE only has 8 points who ever guarded her is doing an awesome job so far.

caejal44

PostPosted: 01/05/06 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
Georgia is in good shape when Darrah has a strong game providing a scorer aside from Baker and Humphrey.

The only thing is Darrah, the only other capable post on the team, scores all her points outside the lane. I do like her as a player, but Georgia really needs someone to give Humphrey some air down low.

The only other options because of injury are Desire Bostice and Danielle Taylor (another wing player). I wish we had just another post player, but I am really pleased with this game. Baker broke UGA's record for steals and ended the night with 6 steals. She moved up to fourth place in SEC record book. Darrah was 6 for 8 beyond the arc, and the team was 12 for 22 beyond the arc. Solid opening game for SEC competition.

PostPosted: 01/05/06 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess it'd be one issue if they had young posts to throw into the fire. Then I would say that they need to be working on changing their game plan and not winning off their perimeter plus Tasha. But considering they are kind of stuck, and they just are what they are, they may as well try to perfect what they have instead of trying to be something they aren't.

PostPosted: 01/05/06 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not much to add...especially since I only got to hear bits and pieces of the game on the radio...but it goes all the way back to that first half versus Baylor; Georgia's going to give you all you can handle when they're knocking down shots. I had posted here earlier that I wasn't sure that this team quite believes in itself yet, so a big SEC win on the road can only help in that regard. If they get their heads together, they've got enough collective game to get better in a hurry.

Baker's going to put that Georgia career steals record out of reach for years.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/06 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baker is a stud, and I'm a believer in her. With how she has played offensively this year, I think she will make it in the WNBA.

PostPosted: 01/05/06 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CKent wrote:
Not much to add...especially since I only got to hear bits and pieces of the game on the radio...but it goes all the way back to that first half versus Baylor; Georgia's going to give you all you can handle when they're knocking down shots. I had posted here earlier that I wasn't sure that this team quite believes in itself yet, so a big SEC win on the road can only help in that regard. If they get their heads together, they've got enough collective game to get better in a hurry.

Baker's going to put that Georgia career steals record out of reach for years.

AGREED JUST LIKE EDWARDS DID.

can't agree with you more GA can still accomplish what they set out to do when they hade those 4 awesome post players, but like what has been said TASHA will get hers it's up to the GUARDS To contribute during the whole game to help TASHA im still surprised by the score but oh so happy with it. Very Happy

oh and KENT is HARDRICK OK SHE ONLY PLAYED 3 MINUTES? I CERTAINLY HOPE SO SHE'S AWESOME.

caejal44

PostPosted: 01/06/06 3:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hardrick didn't suffer any injuries during the game. When she was in, she had problems running the offense. she did hit a trademark long three, but the offense didn't flow as well as it did with Kendrick. I think it was a matter of Landers not wanting to mess with something that was working. Landers said before the game both Darrah and Humphrey weren't 100 percent, and they turned out to be the big offensive spark in this game. Look for Hardrick to really turn it on in a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: 01/06/06 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caejal44 wrote:
Hardrick didn't suffer any injuries during the game. When she was in, she had problems running the offense. she did hit a trademark long three, but the offense didn't flow as well as it did with Kendrick. I think it was a matter of Landers not wanting to mess with something that was working. Landers said before the game both Darrah and Humphrey weren't 100 percent, and they turned out to be the big offensive spark in this game. Look for Hardrick to really turn it on in a couple of weeks.

oh ok well they both sure played like they were 100 % they are awesome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: