RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other Games 1/1/23/-1/7/23
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/02/23 2:08 pm    ::: Other Games 1/1/23/-1/7/23 Reply Reply with quote

It feels weird to write 23. Happy New Year, y'all! May your team(s) do well!

PostPosted: 01/03/23 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford takes down AZ, 73-57....AND LAUREN BETZ, #1 RECRUIT IN THE LAND, GETS A TOTAL OF FOUR MINUTES. In which she snags 3 rebounds (2 O-boards). But she gets the least playing time of any, even in a blowout. I'm now really ROOTING for her to transfer: I wanna see this kid play!

PostPosted: 01/03/23 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Stanford takes down AZ, 73-57....AND LAUREN BETZ, #1 RECRUIT IN THE LAND, GETS A TOTAL OF FOUR MINUTES. In which she snags 3 rebounds (2 O-boards). But she gets the least playing time of any, even in a blowout. I'm now really ROOTING for her to transfer: I wanna see this kid play!

Rant on, Howee, to save Lauren!!! The most rational thing for her to do, obviously, is to transfer as soon as possible to Oregon.

Did you know that the 1939 Oregon men's team that won the national championship was called the "Tall Firs"? You can even find their games on YouTube. Lauren is in the Tall Fir tradition.

Of course, you would probably see her play more on TV if she transferred to UConn.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/03/23 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Howee wrote:

Rant on, Howee, to save Lauren!!! The most rational thing for her to do, obviously, is to transfer as soon as possible to Oregon.

Did you know that the 1939 Oregon men's team that won the national championship was called the "Tall Firs"? You can even find their games on YouTube. Lauren is in the Tall Fir tradition.

Of course, you would probably see her play more on TV if she transferred to UConn.

Well, over in South Bend, Cassandre Prosper, who last month was still in high school and had only been on the ND WBB team for a week, played 17 minutes in a conference game against BC, scored 7 pts, had 1 assist, and led the team in rebounding with 9.

In watching her, she (understandably) seemed unsure at times where she was supposed to be on the court, but otherwise she looked comfortable playing including playing good defense. In the first half she had a steal and a couple rebounds, but missed a layup and then on a mid-range jumper it looked like the moment overtook her and she pulled the string with the shot falling well short, but in the second half she calmly drained a 3 for her first ND pts and then looked totally comfortable. She seems very smooth and fluid and athletic in her movements. I think I'm going to enjoy watching her.

I bet they could make room for Betz to join her. Very Happy

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/03/23 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it's Lauren *Betts, btw, just so no one starts believing "Betz" is actually how you spell her name

Howee

PostPosted: 01/03/23 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Howee wrote:

Now....I never said THAT ('cept to Kelly himself! Razz ) Of course, Oregon might consider it.

ArtBest23 wrote:
....Well, over in South Bend....I bet they could make room for Betz to join her. Very Happy

And that's a HARD "NO"....The Pac 12 has already gone above and beyond in their shoring up of Notre Dame's roster: Marta Sniezak, Lili Thompson, Maya Dodson, Jenna Brown, and now Kylie Watson....you might as well join the Pac 12! Laughing

For real, tho....MAYBE Tara has some grounded reason, but I just don't buy the "she's not ready yet" logic. Tara has certainly had a history of starting #1 picks as freshmen: N & C Ogwumike, Haley Jones, etc. If you've seen Betz play, she can dominate. If I could take any players from any team for a FFF (Fantasy Final Four), she'd be on it over the likes of Boston, Kitley, etc.

Gimme Lauren Betz, Angel Reese, Aneesah Morrow, Diamond Miller, Laeticia Amihere, Taylor Robertson, Endiya Rogers, Olivia Miles, Leigha Brown, and Zia Cooke. 10 ladies. One Championship, coming up! Cool

PostPosted: 01/03/23 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Baylor is sticking it to Oklahoma.....Q4 begins with a 12 pt lead for the Lady Bears. Shocked

PostPosted: 01/05/23 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Total chaos in the ACC. Miami beat UNC ( not really a shock), Boston College beating NCSt by 9 in the 3rd Q ( definitely a shock - ND ran BC out of the gym last week.)

UNC is toast. They've lost their first 3 conference games (FSU, VaTech, Miami), and their next four games are against ND, UVA, NCSt and Duke. They are almost certain to do no better than 2-2 in those games, and could lose all 4. Whoever imposed their conference schedule must be a Duke fan 'cause it's just brutal.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/05/23 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

....AND....right now, undefeated Ohio St. is trailing lowly Minnesota by 8 in the 3rd quarter. Shocked

PostPosted: 01/05/23 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
....AND....right now, undefeated Ohio St. is trailing lowly Minnesota by 8 in the 3rd quarter. Shocked

Minnesota’s youngsters are starting to gel. They led by as many as 10 but eventually fell 83-71.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/05/23 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm hoping Lindsay and MN are 'turning a corner'. This game must be a confidence builder for them.

PostPosted: 01/06/23 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last night JMU went up to Huntington, WVA, to play Marshall. It was a very hard-fought game with a lot of lead changes for awhile, but JMU prevailed behind the sharp shooting duo of Kseniia Kozlova and Jamia Hazell, aided by Kiki Jefferson and Peyton McDaniel. Kiki and KK's free throw shooting prowess didn't hurt a bit either. JMU remains undefeated in the Sun Belt and will meet the only other undefeated team, Southern Miss, which prevailed over South Alabama in a low-scoring mess I saw the end of last night also.

PostPosted: 01/06/23 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Columbia beat Princeton for the first time since 2008, 58-55 in OT. The Lions held the Tigers to fewer points and a worse FG% than did UConn, and they did it on Princeton's home floor.

Columbia is now 10-2 overall, with wins over Miami and Seton Hall, while Princeton drops to 8-5.
Queenie

PostPosted: 01/06/23 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the beginning of the season, I thought the Ivy would be a two-bid league. At this rate, I might be wrong, and it'll be Columbia. You love to see it.

Return match at Columbia is 5 PM on February 4th. Might need to buy tickets early.

PostPosted: 01/07/23 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice to see the Ivy matchup - I hardly ever watch them. There are some finely talented players there.

PostPosted: 01/07/23 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

James Madison went to Hattiesburg, MS, on the second leg of this road trip, for an afternoon game with Southern Miss, the only other undefeated team in the Sun Belt. Having seen the mess earlier in the week where the Eagles defeated South Alabama, I expected JMU to beat them pretty easily, but it turned out to be something of a fight. The Dukes did get out to an early lead and were up by quite a bit at the half, but Southern Miss came back and made a game of it in the second half. The Dukes won, however, 63-54. Their height and deep bench were too much for the Eagles. Kiki Jefferson had 19 and Kseniia Kozlova 18 for the Dukes. Domonique Davis was high for Southern Miss with 16. JMU now sits alone on top of the Sun Belt.

PostPosted: 01/07/23 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you thought the Ivy was predictable, Penn showed Princeton how to tame some Lions and are marching onwards towards their quest for the Ivy Title. The good news for Princeton? There’s an Ivy Tournament for the auto bid.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/08/23 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Illinois up by 10 over OhSU at the half. Shocked They must be eating their wheaties.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/08/23 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Illinois up by 10 over OhSU at the half. Shocked They must be eating their wheaties.

I was pretty amazed the last time I watched the Illini; watch Genesis - she's a difference-maker.

The differential in FG% is remarkable, especially since the Buckeyes are at home.

PostPosted: 01/08/23 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So glad that the ineptitude of South Carolina-Mississippi State is on national TV. What a great way to grow the game. Rolling Eyes Even as a fan of the sport, it's painful to watch.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/08/23 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Soares for Iowa State went down with a left leg injury after doing a post move. Helped off the court straight to the locker room.

PostPosted: 01/08/23 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
So glad that the ineptitude of South Carolina-Mississippi State is on national TV. What a great way to grow the game. Rolling Eyes Even as a fan of the sport, it's painful to watch.

I was about to write something similar. 30% shooting can work if the other team also sucks at scoring but it's not very entertaining to anyone but the SCar fans. But it's ESPN's darling SEC so don't expect anyone there to point that out, at least publicly.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/08/23 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another SEC gem today was LSU 67 Ken 45. The two teams combined for 50 turnovers and there were 39 ft's on 36 fouls.

Another boring march to the ft line? Is that entertainment?

Last edited by linkster on 01/08/23 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
singinerd54

PostPosted: 01/08/23 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oklahoma with two late 3s to go up 11 on Iowa State going into the 4th. Outscored the Cyclones by 12 in the 3rd.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/08/23 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oklahoma leads by 3 with 1.6 seconds left. Iowa State ball.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: