RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Penn St at Mich St

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/05/06 7:46 pm    ::: Penn St at Mich St Reply Reply with quote

MSU 36-28 at the half

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/05/06 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Pennies can't stop MSU from shooting 16-27 in the first half and this with Shimek only scoring 4. Amanda Brown is providing MSU probelms in the Middle but she is not getting much help.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/05/06 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Penn St hanging tough, MSU 51-48 8:27 left

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/05/06 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MSU on a 12-0 run, Penn State had it down to two and got the rebound then lost it, all downhill since then. 67-53 2:43 left

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/05/06 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MSU 75-53 final, 20-0 run to finish the game.

Samaria

PostPosted: 01/05/06 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:

I was a little nervous when they pulled within two, but that game ending run was more than what I asked for!

GO STATE! Laughing

PostPosted: 01/05/06 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lilswin2003 wrote:
rebkell wrote:

I was a little nervous when they pulled within two, but that game ending run was more than what I asked for!

GO STATE! Laughing

I think the only reason PSU hangs even somewhat closely is because Rene threatens some kind torture on the girls. Very Happy

PostPosted: 01/05/06 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
lilswin2003 wrote:
rebkell wrote:

GO STATE! Laughing

I think the only reason PSU hangs even somewhat closely is because Rene threatens some kind torture on the girls. Very Happy

As, much as I hate to say it, I think it shows how good of a coach she is. She doesn't have the personnel to win (her own fault) but she is getting everything out of the players. She reminds me of a Gene Keady type coach, in that she can get a lot out of less talented players.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 01/05/06 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:
lilswin2003 wrote:
rebkell wrote:

GO STATE! Laughing

As, much as I hate to say it, I think it shows how good of a coach she is. She doesn't have the personnel to win (her own fault) but she is getting everything out of the players. She reminds me of a Gene Keady type coach, in that she can get a lot out of less talented players.

I hate to agree with you on this one matty, but I have to!! She is a good coach...but she's a b***h in every other way (pardon my french).

PostPosted: 01/05/06 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:
lilswin2003 wrote:
rebkell wrote:

GO STATE! Laughing

I hate to agree with you on this one matty, but I have to!! She is a good coach...but she's a b***h in every other way (pardon my french).
Yeah, but did you see the faces of the players on the bench?! They had such looks of despair....They seemed genuinely afraid--not distraught, but scared about what was to come....I guess that fear really works. Evil or Very Mad

styxfan22

PostPosted: 01/05/06 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shimek reminds me of Antawn Jamison of the Wizards. They don't have classic shooting form, but the ball seems to go into the basket somehow.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 01/06/06 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does State depend on student fans to fill the stands as much as Purdue and Penn State in home games depend on students? If not, why are there so few people there? And did the announcers ever mention Rene's legal troubles, or her history of bigotry?

It's weird to think of Laura Hall as a starter.

boilerjay

PostPosted: 01/06/06 2:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
Does State depend on student fans to fill the stands as much as Purdue and Penn State in home games depend on students? If not, why are there so few people there? And did the announcers ever mention Rene's legal troubles, or her history of bigotry?

Purdue women draw very few students to their home games.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/06/06 2:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:
accommodatingly wrote:

I hate being similar to Purdon't. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 01/06/06 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:

I didn't realize that; maybe the cameras focus on the students when they're on TV? --Purdue certainly have had nice attendance for a relatively small metro area (as have PSU): perhaps non-student fans just drive longer distances to attend the games-- good for them.

ILuvCatch

PostPosted: 01/06/06 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
boilerjay wrote:

I didn't realize that; maybe the cameras focus on the students when they're on TV? --Purdue certainly have had nice attendance for a relatively small metro area (as have PSU): perhaps non-student fans just drive longer distances to attend the games-- good for them.

I have to disagree. I think Purdue has more than a few students attending their home games. Nowhere close to the amount the boys draw though. Boiler season ticket holders are very dedicated. They make quite a few bus trips to out of town games.

So you see, the Hooter fans have no similarities to the Boiler fans! Laughing

-Tamika Catchings
PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/06/06 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ILuvCatch wrote:
accommodatingly wrote:
boilerjay wrote:

I have to disagree. I think Purdue has more than a few students attending their home games. Nowhere close to the amount the boys draw though. Boiler season ticket holders are very dedicated. They make quite a few bus trips to out of town games.

When they initiated the official student section a couple of years ago, there were at most 100 members. The men's games, in contrast, have about 3,000 officially in the students section - or at least did a couple of years ago.

The crowd for women's games is pretty big - usually Top 5 in attendance - but it is primarily young familys and senior citizens.

ILuvCatch

PostPosted: 01/06/06 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
ILuvCatch wrote:
accommodatingly wrote:
boilerjay wrote:

When they initiated the official student section a couple of years ago, there were at most 100 members. The men's games, in contrast, have about 3,000 officially in the students section - or at least did a couple of years ago.

The crowd for women's games is pretty big - usually Top 5 in attendance - but it is primarily young familys and senior citizens.

I'm not talking about the student section, I'm talking overall. Primarily young families or senior citizens? I think there are quite a few people that don't fit that category. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

-Tamika Catchings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: