RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Protest Targets Penn State Coach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shock6666

PostPosted: 01/05/06 9:04 am    ::: Protest Targets Penn State Coach Reply Reply with quote

I don't normally root for MSU (I live in UM land here in Michigan). However I'll not only be rooting for MSU to beat PSU tonight, I'll be in the stands wearing one of these "special" T-shirts.....

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060105/NEWS06/601050347/1006/news

shock6666

PostPosted: 01/06/06 10:15 am    ::: Re: Protest Targets Penn State Coach Reply Reply with quote

Just thought I'd follow up with an article of about the protest and a little video coverage. They don't show it in the article/video but my personal favorite was one of the students was dressed up as Portland. She did a good Portland impression - jumping up and down in the stands, waving, screaming - even had a sign on her back that said "shameless bigot" it was classic. The PSU students entered and exited through a different tunnel than Portland (Portland came and went through the MSU tunnel). It was nice that the MSU fans clapped for the PSU players. However, they did boo Portland after the game when she left the court.

http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=4327299

Zakiwi

PostPosted: 01/06/06 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the great idea - and the update on how it turned out. Not surprisingly, no major media coverage.....

shock6666

PostPosted: 01/06/06 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zakiwi wrote:
Thanks for the great idea - and the update on how it turned out. Not surprisingly, no major media coverage.....

No problem...It was pretty cool to be a part of the experience. There were a lot of fans, probably more straight than gay, that participated. People were scattered through out the stadium so it was hard to get a handle on just how many people were participating (those who were in blatant support, and got the word/e-mail, were asked to wear lavender). But I can say it was a good representation of all walks of life and all ages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: