RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2022-2023 Women's Basketball Fantasy League
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/03/22 10:01 am    ::: 2022-2023 Women's Basketball Fantasy League Reply Reply with quote

I thought that I'd start the ball rolling on this years draft. Undersized Post and I have begun discussions surrounding what we'd like this years edition to look like; however, before we finalize some changes, we'd like to gauge interest from people who want to play this season.

In the past, the official rules have been as outlined below. I think that I'll outline the outstanding questions that we are open to changing for this season.

1. We are considering what the optimal number of players to have on a roster is. Once we gauge interest, we may consider limiting the roster size to what is hopefully a more manageable number for the managers along with the spreadsheet aficionados.

2. There will be no playoffs this year based on feedback received from last season.

3. We will consider a schedule once we determine the number of players. This season, I anticipate that we will continue with the Head to Head matchups so that Lauren Park Lane can sink Undersized Post with a 20% shooting game in a victory over Villanova. As we've come to learn, less than ideal performances can sink your team; however, I personally find it engaging to get to the end of the week and wait to see if rebounding superstar Monika Czinano can somehow grab a paltry five rebounds in a game to snatch victory.

4. I am open to other suggestions to make this a wonderful season for all.

5. I would like to tentatively propose a draft date of......October 29th or 30th depending on what's going to work the best for the majority. If you are not going to be available, I am happy to draft on behalf of others if you send a list of players to me with your order of preference. We can work this out as we get closer.

Rules

- Head to Head (H2H) instead of cumulative.
- 12 player roster (drafting info in 3rd post below)
- 8 player weekly active players as in 2G, 2F, 1C or TF, and 3U.
- each active player shall have only one game count in any particular timeframe. You can choose which one of their games to count.
- a player's position shall be whatever is listed on the team's website. If a team website uses the designations Post or Wing, they shall be construed as follows: P = F/C and W = G/F. a TF is any F who is over 6’2”. A U can be any player
- we are playing without an IR since we have 4 inactive players at any time
- stats count only for starting lineup players (bench player stats don't count)
- owners must post their weekly lineup in this thread - bench players' stats don't count for your team so this is REALLY important. You can post week by week, for the month, or for a whole season. Please post clearly player name, school, conference and the position at which you are playing them as well as the date of the game you wish to count. Lineups must be posted before your games start for the week, but you can change out a player from your lineup if they do not play in their designated game so long as you have a legal inactive player who has games left in the given time period.
- In the case that a team doesn't put in a lineup, the lineup from the prior week will be used and the first game will be used for each player. edit: that lineup will be set and cannot change once the first player on the lineup starts her game. Exception would be if one of the players does not have a game that week, in which case she can be replaced.
- games counted are only against D1 opponents.
- scoring determined by pts, reb, ast, steals, blk, 3's-made, 3pt%, FG%, FT%, & TOs. To win any week’s matchup you must win more categories than your opponent for that week. Ties are possible and will be scored as such
- player eligibility is Division I only (no DivII, DivIII, or intramural players)
- open free agency - first to the punch wins
- transaction limits:
- two transactions in a calender week (runs from 12 am Tuesday to 12 am following Tuesday Eastern time - this is Monday midnight). In addition to add/subtract, you may trade a player or players to another fantasizer which would count as one transaction. You may freely make transactions until the games start Nov 5.
- trade/transaction deadline: Feb 11
- live draft will have snake format (the last team to draft in the first round will draft first in the second round and so forth)
- players can be drafted only once by only one team (two different teams cannot have the same player)

adamj95

PostPosted: 10/03/22 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m in Very Happy

PostPosted: 10/03/22 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
I’m in Very Happy

Always happy to see that you're back! I'm looking forward to seeing who you pick this year -- the wrecking ball that was Ayoka Lee for you last year is a sad loss.

adamj95

PostPosted: 10/03/22 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
I’m in Very Happy

Always happy to see that you're back! I'm looking forward to seeing who you pick this year -- the wrecking ball that was Ayoka Lee for you last year is a sad loss.

Don’t remind me. Crying or Very sad She was the MVP of my team for sure.

PostPosted: 10/03/22 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll be happy to win the league again. But don't let that deter any new or old faces from playing for second! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 10/03/22 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully COVID won't cause quite as many complications this season. But even so, I do like Coyote's idea of reducing roster sizes to make things more manageable. Maybe something like a 9 or 10 player roster with 7 starters every week, instead of 12 players and 8 starters?

We also ended up adding an injured reserve (IR) roster spot mid-season last year. That might be something for @Coyotes to add to the above rules list?

PostPosted: 10/03/22 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to remind you about who had the last laugh last season and was the official league winner. Twisted Evil A bit unfortunate of a showing for you in the semifinals against a worthy foe.

tbinta

PostPosted: 10/03/22 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m in 👍

PostPosted: 10/04/22 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

personally I like the 12 and 8. It makes for more choices and unlike the WNBA there are so many players in the NCAA, it's not like it prevents anybody from collecting a decent roster. It also makes it easier to actually have enough players on those weeks where there are fewer games. If you truly don't want to manage 12, then just leave 2 of them on the end of your bench.

So I'm not sure what you think the advantage is to having a smaller team?

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 10/04/22 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am in, and I agree. We should leave it at 12 and 8. It only takes an extra minute or two each week to submit your roster with 8 vs. 7. And there are so many players in the NCAA. It’s kind of cool to see what some of those lower level players are doing, that you would never hear about otherwise.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/05/22 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The powers that be agree with you - I think our only concern was if we somehow got an influx of owners it would be a gargantuan task - but if we have the same numbers as last year, I'm on board with keeping it at a similar roster size.

Welcome back to you both. Thus far, we have....

1. Undersized Post
2. Adamj95
3. Miracles
4. Tbinta
5. Hoop"S"mom
6. Coyotes

It's always good to see the solid core of returnees who are obviously already plotting devilish acts during the draft. I'm just going to call out already that the draft is going to require tons of checking to ensure that players are still on the same teams as there's been a LOT of graduation and transferring.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/05/22 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My entire core group of starters from last year either transferred to P5 schools or were drafted into the WNBA. You could say I as a coach singlehandedly prepared them to take that next step in their careers and yes I will be taking credit Cool Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 10/05/22 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
My entire core group of starters from last year either transferred to P5 schools or were drafted into the WNBA. You could say I as a coach singlehandedly prepared them to take that next step in their careers and yes I will be taking credit Cool Twisted Evil

One of them won a WNBA Title in her first season, long before Tina Charles ever will. Twisted Evil

tbinta

PostPosted: 10/05/22 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with 8 and 12 for players

PostPosted: 10/06/22 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I won't be participating this year, not that anyone would miss me, I'm sure-LOL! I sucked at it, it was stressful and my life is just so busy. I wish I had more time for it, but I just don't.

Have fun, everyone. Good luck!

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/06/22 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

I wouldn't mind having some of my same players again, but I suspect evil ones like you will snatch them up before I get a chance...

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/06/22 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
I won't be participating this year, not that anyone would miss me, I'm sure-LOL! I sucked at it, it was stressful and my life is just so busy. I wish I had more time for it, but I just don't.

Have fun, everyone. Good luck!

sorry you can't make it but totally understand - running a restaurant is pretty stressful!

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/06/22 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

I wouldn't mind having some of my same players again, but I suspect evil ones like you will snatch them up before I get a chance...

No comment Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 10/06/22 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

No comment Twisted Evil

I did briefly toy with the idea of being able to create a "dynasty" by "protecting" one player from last year for this year just to frustrate undersized post, but I think that it would've been too imbalanced.

tbinta

PostPosted: 10/06/22 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

No comment Twisted Evil

I did briefly toy with the idea of being able to create a "dynasty" by "protecting" one player from last year for this year just to frustrate undersized post, but I think that it would've been too imbalanced.

U could fix the imbalance by have person give up the pick for the player…

If they took player in 1st round, then they give up 1st round pick

🙂 could be interesting, prob faster draft based on amount players could keep

PostPosted: 10/06/22 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tbinta wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

No comment Twisted Evil

U could fix the imbalance by have person give up the pick for the player…

If they took player in 1st round, then they give up 1st round pick

🙂 could be interesting, prob faster draft based on amount players could keep

Yeah, but I think having the actual draft makes it far more interesting. Would it be fair if you got Aaliyah Boston this year with your second round pick as a "dynasty pick" or if Adam got Azzi Fudd with the 8th Round pick or if Undersized Post got Pao-Pao with the 8th round pick this year? It was just an amusing thought, but think it's a can of worms not worth opening.

In any case, we're still looking for more owners! Come one, come all, dethrone the undersized post, put a damper on some Miracles, be the snake to Adam's party, outfox some wily Coyotes, channel a certain post and block Hoopsmom's dreams, or snatch some players out from under Tbinta's nose and crush their hopes.

thardy929

PostPosted: 10/08/22 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Usually I just quietly observe, but I'd like to join this year!

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/08/22 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thardy929 wrote:
Usually I just quietly observe, but I'd like to join this year!

That would be awesome! Welcome to the league! Cool

PostPosted: 10/08/22 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

c'mon Queenie. We know you 'really, really' want to get in on this again. There has to be some good NY players for you to take!

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/09/22 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
c'mon Queenie. We know you 'really, really' want to get in on this again. There has to be some good NY players for you to take!

I think the first time I chose LP going 3-16 from the field with 8 turnovers instead of 9-12 with 10 assists would be the day whichever device I used to discover this information went out the window, up to and including the television. I do not want to risk that happening.

(now with spelling variations)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: