RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Colorado's Jasmina Ilic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatValeska

PostPosted: 01/05/06 2:28 am    ::: Colorado's Jasmina Ilic Reply Reply with quote

Hit for 36 points tonight in CU's 80-62 loss to Nebraska and had a solid all-around game. While it's been a rough year for the Buffs and their thin eight-player rotation, Ilic is the real deal.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3910&SPID=258&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=223386

"Ilic, who also had a personal-best five steals, is the first player in CU history to score 33 or more points twice in the same season. She had 34 against Cal-State Fullerton in the season opener."

Had to post this since the always-classless Nebraska fans on hoopscoop.net were too busy being their usual jerk selves to acknowledge this great individual performance.

While I don't like some of their fans, I do like Nebraska's team and I absolutely love Kiera Hardy's game.

CU will hopefully get starting center Kara Richards back next week, which should be a huge boost on both ends of the court for the Buffs.

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 01/05/06 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who needs class when you have a powerhouse football... oh, wait, never mind.

36 of 62 points. Sounds like Alana Syndrome.

And what's with the B12? Kansas undefeated, Nebraska 9-3, Mizzou dump Baylor, while TTU and Texas struggle. What's next? Lions whelping in the street? Cats and dogs living together?

PostPosted: 01/05/06 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:
Who needs class when you have a powerhouse football... oh, wait, never mind.

36 of 62 points. Sounds like Alana Syndrome.

And what's with the B12? Kansas undefeated, Nebraska 9-3, Mizzou dumps Baylor, while TTU and Texas struggle. What's next? Lions whelping in the street? Cats and dogs living together? Iowa State winning the conference?

Not after the drubbing they got from Oklahoma. Lions whelping, maybe, I'll give you that.

We saw Nebraska up here when they almost came back to beat Minnesota. Keira Hardy's the real deal, too. (Iowa State's guards looked good as well-- too bad they don't have posts. Well, good for my Gophers that they didn't.)

The Big XII is going to be the most fun to follow this year in some ways, just because we don't know what's going to happen. (Also, so many teams dependent on frosh-- Oklahoma and Texas in particular! they could be way better in February than today-- or not.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: