lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/21/23 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Heard a rumor saying Tina Charles to Dallas Wings my heart dropped in failure …it’s since been deleted but now us fellow #WFFL’s must get on our contacts and research. I pray it’s not true !!

Not sure how true it is BUT she was at SMU hanging out with the women's basketball team on Thursday and then she went to the Mavs game last night😒

If she becomes a wing throw all hope for contending out the window. She will be the cancer who does not take coach T serious. She will be productive but no way I see her taking a back seat to Arike . She fits because she won’t ever use her best talents down low so clogging the paint won’t be an issue clearly . She’s just an enigma that I feared we would go after. I’m praying she ends up in Atlanta. I’ve never once heard of Tina being in Dallas during the off-season so this is becoming scary if true.

I'm thinking she's here prepping for the AU season coming up next month because it's here this year. If we go after anybody it had better be one of whoever fits best and or Brittany Sykes 😔 but damn, she's been so many places she's running out of new options 😥

Charles fits but can she be a team player is the biggest question mark? Can she do what coach trammel requires out of a PF . Imo those are 2 big no’s she will take shots away from Arike and McCowan & Mabrey hopefully speaking and then when she leaves after one year All 3 of them will be demanding a trade. We are on a positive trek I say we keep it going and stick with what we have . If we’re so concerned about Sabally not being able to play the 4 why not draft for someone else like LA or Conn and attempt
A draft day trade for Nneka ? Just me thinking out loud of my wishes and dreams. Btw when does Nneka make her decision as well she has kind of slept under the radar with everyone assuming she’s going back to LA with sissy. I’ll take them both for #3 and Collier along with a 24 first rounder Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dallas fans are right to be worried about how TC would impact their team. I don't see anybody in Dallas who can make TC do what the team needs. I do see them sitting her a$$ down on the bench when she starts competing with Arike for most shots taken. Wings need a PF, not a "used to be a banger, now sits outside shooting three's" player.

Some GM's REALLY need to consider team chemistry when signing free agents. LA thankfully deep sixed their GM who signed every player no other team wanted.

Does trading for Natasha Howard not fill the PF position you say they still need?

PostPosted: 01/22/23 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Heard a rumor saying Tina Charles to Dallas Wings my heart dropped in failure …it’s since been deleted but now us fellow #WFFL’s must get on our contacts and research. I pray it’s not true !!

Not sure how true it is BUT she was at SMU hanging out with the women's basketball team on Thursday and then she went to the Mavs game last night😒

If she becomes a wing throw all hope for contending out the window. She will be the cancer who does not take coach T serious. She will be productive but no way I see her taking a back seat to Arike . She fits because she won’t ever use her best talents down low so clogging the paint won’t be an issue clearly . She’s just an enigma that I feared we would go after. I’m praying she ends up in Atlanta. I’ve never once heard of Tina being in Dallas during the off-season so this is becoming scary if true.

I'm thinking she's here prepping for the AU season coming up next month because it's here this year. If we go after anybody it had better be one of whoever fits best and or Brittany Sykes 😔 but damn, she's been so many places she's running out of new options 😥

Charles fits but can she be a team player is the biggest question mark? Can she do what coach trammel requires out of a PF . Imo those are 2 big no’s she will take shots away from Arike and McCowan & Mabrey hopefully speaking and then when she leaves after one year All 3 of them will be demanding a trade. We are on a positive trek I say we keep it going and stick with what we have . If we’re so concerned about Sabally not being able to play the 4 why not draft for someone else like LA or Conn and attempt
A draft day trade for Nneka ? Just me thinking out loud of my wishes and dreams. Btw when does Nneka make her decision as well she has kind of slept under the radar with everyone assuming she’s going back to LA with sissy. I’ll take them both for #3 and Collier along with a 24 first rounder Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I have always wanted Nneka in Dallas but she seems determined to go down with the ship so there's that but it is interesting how it's been so quiet the past 24hrs on anything related to her.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/22/23 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Dallas fans are right to be worried about how TC would impact their team. I don't see anybody in Dallas who can make TC do what the team needs. I do see them sitting her a$$ down on the bench when she starts competing with Arike for most shots taken. Wings need a PF, not a "used to be a banger, now sits outside shooting three's" player.

Some GM's REALLY need to consider team chemistry when signing free agents. LA thankfully deep sixed their GM who signed every player no other team wanted.

Does trading for Natasha Howard not fill the PF position you say they still need?

Oh shit i forget she’s with us too Laughing Laughing Laughing and all this does is worry me even more if we take Charles . We don’t need her unless something is up with McCowan In which Id be truly disappointed in Bibb. It would only mean he gave her a low ball offer that she was not appreciative of and she declined to continue negotiations . Im just speaking hypothetically if Tina Charles is a truly a target. I reached out to some STH friends and staff and so far the word is mum on Charles so I’m not going to assume she’s about to sign with us because no one can confirm her decision. I did confirm however she did take a meeting with the FO.

PostPosted: 01/25/23 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Dallas doesn’t need Tina Charles. They are a young team who has players that are experienced but still are at the beginning of their primes. Why would they bring her in to take time away from the other players. If anything, Tina would probably go to Vegas since the traded away Hamby. That would be her only shot at winning a championship.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/25/23 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I am Dallas Just stay the course at this point no need to sign Charles I like Charles but I wouldn't sign her if I was Dallas

After the Gray trade Dallas has enough to sign its two first round pick
3 and 11

offer Mabrey and McCowan decent 175K a piece

and decide on the 12th spot between Collier, Dangerfield or Dickey

(or if they really have to drop to 11 by only bringing in to or 11, Collier, Dangerfield and Dickey and max out Mabrey and McCowan but I don't think that will be necessary)

you get something like

Mabrey/Burton/(Dangerfield)
Ogunbowale/#11 (Cooke, Osborne, Taylor, Blackwell)
Sabally/#3 (Miller, Horston, Jackson, Jones or Joens)
Howard/Kuier/Alarie
McCowan/Collier

one of Dickey or Dangerfield (I would choose Dangerfield it lets you give Burton minutes at the 1 and the 2)

They could also go with 11 waive (or trade) Dickey, Dangerfield and Collier and have enough to sign one more experienced free agent Sykes, Coffey, Wheeler, Hayes Harrison etc

You have your core locked in Oginbowale, Mabrey, Howard, McCowan and Sabally and a lot of decent young players on rookie contracts

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/27/23 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
If I am Dallas Just stay the course at this point no need to sign Charles I like Charles but I wouldn't sign her if I was Dallas

After the Gray trade Dallas has enough to sign its two first round pick
3 and 11

offer Mabrey and McCowan decent 175K a piece

and decide on the 12th spot between Collier, Dangerfield or Dickey

(or if they really have to drop to 11 by only bringing in to or 11, Collier, Dangerfield and Dickey and max out Mabrey and McCowan but I don't think that will be necessary)

you get something like

Mabrey/Burton/(Dangerfield)
Ogunbowale/#11 (Cooke, Osborne, Taylor, Blackwell)
Sabally/#3 (Miller, Horston, Jackson, Jones or Joens)
Howard/Kuier/Alarie
McCowan/Collier

one of Dickey or Dangerfield (I would choose Dangerfield it lets you give Burton minutes at the 1 and the 2)

They could also go with 11 waive (or trade) Dickey, Dangerfield and Collier and have enough to sign one more experienced free agent Sykes, Coffey, Wheeler, Hayes Harrison etc

You have your core locked in Oginbowale, Mabrey, Howard, McCowan and Sabally and a lot of decent young players on rookie contracts

This is the smartest and most well thought out plan overall that I've heard anyone suggest out of all the forums I have seen anywhere. You should be a GM in this league!!!

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/30/23 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/howardmegdal/status/1620144761230475267

McCowan returning to the Wings on a three year deal

PostPosted: 01/31/23 3:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Updated Depth Chart:

1: Arike Ogunbowale
2: Veronica Burton/Jasmine Dickey
3: Natasha Howard/Satou Sabally
4: Awak Kuier/Bella Alaire
5: Tearia McCowan/Charli Collier

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/31/23 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Updated Depth Chart:

Id like to think the depth chart looks more like below as of right now.

1: Veronica Burton/ #3 Pick ? Or Mabey Mabrey....
2: Arike Ogunbowale/ Jasmine Dickey
3: Satou Sabally / #3 pick or place Awak here.
4: Natasha Howard/ Bella Alaire / Awak Kueir

PostPosted: 01/31/23 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
Updated Depth Chart:

I'm guessing you don't think the #11 pick will stick around?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/31/23 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
Updated Depth Chart:

I'm guessing you don't think the #11 pick will stick around?

Im banking on Mabrey returning instead of #11 sticking tbh .

PostPosted: 02/01/23 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Updated Depth Chart:

Additions:
- Crystal Dangerfield: via trade (not on roster )
- Natasha Howard: via trade
- Tearia McCowan: re-signed
- 2023 1st round pick
- 2025 1st round pick

Subtractions:
- Allisha Gray : via trade
- Tyasha Harris: via trade
- Kayla Thornton : via trade

basketballologist

PostPosted: 02/01/23 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Updated Depth Chart:

Additions:
- 2023 1st round pick
- 2025 1st round pick

Subtractions:

basketballologist

PostPosted: 02/02/23 4:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
Updated Depth Chart:

3: Satou Sabally
4: Natasha Howard/Awak Kuier

Additions:
- 2023 1st round pick
- 2025 1st round pick

Subtractions:

Updated
- Bella Alaire: full season suspension

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/02/23 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember when Alarie’s guaranteed 4th-year option was picked up at the same time as Sabally’s and Harris’, both of whom were more productive and whose option pickups made more sense at the time than Alarie’s. But now I wonder if the front office actually knew Alarie would be sitting out both 2022 and 2023, and they picked her option up back then in order to retain her rights.

I guess at the end of the day, she just becomes another draft bust for the Wings. Confused

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/02/23 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they'd declined the option and then she'd sat out last year and been suspended, they'd have had her rights this year anyway as a 'suspended - contract expired' player. And without the prospect of her potentially showing up this year for guaranteed money. So nah.

PostPosted: 02/02/23 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
If they'd declined the option and then she'd sat out last year and been suspended, they'd have had her rights this year anyway as a 'suspended - contract expired' player. And without the prospect of her potentially showing up this year for guaranteed money. So nah.

Oh that’s right, that’s how that works. Why did I think she’d just become a free agent had they not picked that option up, duh.

Welp, back to mistrusting the Wings front office. And she’s still a bust. Woof.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 02/02/23 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

I have no idea what she's going through.. but two straight seasons of leaving guaranteed money on the table?? I can't fathom having that luxury.

Last edited by undersized_post on 02/02/23 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/02/23 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Oh that’s right, that’s how that works. Why did I think she’d just become a free agent had they not picked that option up, duh.

For what it's worth, that's what I think should be the rule. You have the chance to retain the player by picking up their option; if you don't do it, they should become a UFA regardless of being suspended in the previous season. But the league seem to feel that the suspension supersedes the rule that you become a UFA after three years if your option is declined.

PostPosted: 02/02/23 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
I have no idea what she's going through.. but two straight seasons of leaving guaranteed money on the table?? I can't fathom having that luxury.

Alarie's dad is a venture capitalist, so she'll always have a safety net at least. In fact, she just hung up her laces for good and formally announced her retirement from basketball! Congrats to her.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/23 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another one bites the dust , so many wasted draft picks .........I was not a fan of the selection to begin with , but i can say i'm happy it's over. Im hoping whomever held pre draft discussions before selecting her asking if her passion was basketball otherwise it's the same ole same ole with the WFO.

PostPosted: 02/02/23 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's not like there were a parade of all-stars taken after Alarie. Hell, the two taken ahead of her have been a bit of a disaster...

PostPosted: 02/02/23 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kalani Brown Signed to Training Camp Contract.

Interested to see how she is now with her fitness. Lord knows i dont want to see two Gojiras running slew footed down the flioor on the same team. (McCowan & Kalani ) .

PostPosted: 02/02/23 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Interested to see how she is now with her fitness. Lord knows i dont want to see two Gojiras running slew footed down the flioor on the same team. (McCowan & Kalani ) .

GOJIRAS!! 🤣

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/23 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

GOJIRAS!! 🤣

In the words of our great "Silky Johnson" Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16

Jump to: