RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Washington Mystics 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/07/23 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
The Mystics don't usually draft Pac 10 Players, last one I can remember was Nikki Blue

y’all did draft WSU’s Lia Galdeira in 2016

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/07/23 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
The Mystics don't usually draft Pac 10 Players, last one I can remember was Nikki Blue

I was referring to a Pac 10 Player who was noteworthy of slightly doing something with the Mystics after getting drafted by the team. It's amazing Haley Jones was mention as a lottery selection in some Mock Drafts.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/07/23 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I was referring to a Pac 10 Player who was noteworthy of slightly doing something with the Mystics after getting drafted by the team. It's amazing Haley Jones was mention as a lottery selection in some Mock Drafts.

well, you weren’t specific. also ouch lmao

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/11/23 1:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington's 2023 Picks*:

20. Elena Tsineke, 5' 7" SG, South Florida/Greece
32. Txell Alarcón, 5' 10" SG, Spain

*the rights to the #4 Pick, Stephanie Soares, were traded to Dallas in exchange for a 2025 1RP (via Atlanta) & a 2024 2RP

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 04/18/23 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are there any perks of you by a floor ticket for a Mystics game? I know for the Libs you get access to a restaurant and whatnot.

wnbafan

PostPosted: 04/19/23 5:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Are there any perks of you by a floor ticket for a Mystics game? I know for the Libs you get access to a restaurant and whatnot.

Have you looked for a floor ticket? I was told they are reserved for STH.

I ended up behind the basket. The 200 seats are too high for me, I get dizzy.

PostPosted: 04/19/23 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Have you looked for a floor ticket? I was told they are reserved for STH.

I ended up behind the basket. The 200 seats are too high for me, I get dizzy.

I saw one on the resale market.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/20/23 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics 2023 Training Camp Begins April 30th.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-mystics/who-will-be-joining-washington-mystics-2023-training-camp

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/23/23 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Mystics 2023 Training Camp Begins April 30th.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-mystics/who-will-be-joining-washington-mystics-2023-training-camp

Predicted Roster:

PG - Natasha Cloud
SG - Ariel Atkins
SF - Brittney Sykes
PF - Elena DelleDonne
C - Shakira Austin

Shatori Walker-Kimbrough SF guaranteed
Myisha Hines-Allen PF guarantted

Amanda Zahui B - C
Stephanie Jones - PF (Tianna Hawkins has a chance but I think is done)
Evina Westbrook - combo guard (1,2,3)

One of: Kristi Toliver (combo 1,2), Li Meng - SG, Elena Tsinike - SG

Toliver still not signed, will Westbrook show she can be backup PG, or will Toliver make the roster as backup PG? Li Meng and Elena Tsinike will give her a run for her money at SG. Is Toliver even in game shape? She did not earn her 3 yrs of salary paid by LA Sparks due to lingering injuries and lack of being in game shape and the fact she's not yet signed might hint that she's not ready to play. This is really the only drama at this year's camp unless one of the guaranteed contract players is injured or not ready to play. One other question: will Stephanie Jones follow the development trajectory of sister Brionna? Stephanie does not have the 3 pt shot of Hawkins, but based on recent performance is a more reliable 5th post providing reliable post defense, rebounding and some offense. Following last year's top Athletes Unlimited season, Hawkins had a forgettable WNBA season, barely playing and not doing much when she did play.

~rAf
wnbafan

PostPosted: 04/24/23 6:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
..... Following last year's top Athletes Unlimited season, Hawkins had a forgettable WNBA season, barely playing and not doing much when she did play.

Which was really strange because she entered the season saying she wanted to have a breakout season and get most improved player. She seemed really excited about it but then just sat the bench.

IMO, Tolliver needs to retire and become an assistant coach instead of wasting her bball IQ sitting on the bench.

PostPosted: 04/24/23 6:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
..... Following last year's top Athletes Unlimited season, Hawkins had a forgettable WNBA season, barely playing and not doing much when she did play.

Which was really strange because she entered the season saying she wanted to have a breakout season and get most improved player. She seemed really excited about it but then just sat the bench.

IMO, Tolliver needs to retire and become an assistant coach instead of wasting her bball IQ sitting on the bench.

I think THawk went overseas between AU and Mystics training camp. I think she wore out. She must not have shown much in Mystics practices and once she saw she was deep on the bench, all that confidence went out the window. She got more play in games EDD didn't play and didn't do much in games. The game stats comparison between EDD & Hawkins was pretty drastic.

~rAf
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/24/23 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe its a given that the maximum numbers of players the Mystics will carry on their 2023 roster is eleven.

I believe barring a training camp injury there's eight players inked in the Mystics roster:

Atkins
Austin
Cloud
Delle Donne
Hines-Allen
Sykes
Walker-Kimbrough
Zahu B

i believe Li Meng will make the Mystics roster, she's a very good 3 Point shooter, 6 feet tall who with size. Also, Li Meng needs the job after getting suspended from the China team for having an extramarital affair with her coach.

I believe the last two spots on the Mystics roster will be a training camp competition between Toliver (if she comes to training camp) vs Tsineke and Hawkins vs Stephanie Jones.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/24/23 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Li Meng arrives in Washington DC

https://twitter.com/WashMystics/status/1650320513678422016

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/24/23 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I believe its a given that the maximum numbers of players the Mystics will carry on their 2023 roster is eleven.

I believe barring a training camp injury there's eight players inked in the Mystics roster:

Atkins
Austin
Cloud
Delle Donne
Hines-Allen
Sykes
Walker-Kimbrough
Zahu B

i believe Li Meng will make the Mystics roster, she's a very good 3 Point shooter, 6 feet tall who with size. Also, Li Meng needs the job after getting suspended from the China team for having an extramarital affair with her coach.

I believe the last two spots on the Mystics roster will be a training camp competition between Toliver (if she comes to training camp) vs Tsineke and Hawkins vs Stephanie Jones.

You think Westbrook has no chance then?

PostPosted: 04/24/23 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Atkins
Austin
Cloud
Delle Donne
Hines-Allen
Sykes
Walker-Kimbrough
Zahu B

You think Westbrook has no chance then?

I believe Westbrook has a slim chance, neither Toliver or Tsineke have guarantee contracts..

pilight

PostPosted: 04/25/23 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics sign Kristi Toliver

https://mystics.wnba.com/news/mystics-sign-all-star-veteran-guard-kristi-toliver/

PostPosted: 04/25/23 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toliver can only be on a vet minimum contract if both Zahui B and Hawkins are on the final roster she could make 12k more if instead of Hawkins they went with S. Jones or Jaz Jones or Westbrook or an additional 12 k more if neither Zahui B or Hawkins made the final team with minimum players like S. Jones, J. Jones and Westbrook filling out the roster

my guess Toliver is on vet minimum and Washington goes with vet/loyalty bench to compete for a ship so,

Cloud/Toliver
Atkins/SWK
Sykes/Meng
EDD/MHA/Hawkins
Austin/Zahui B

They go with 5th post Hawkins instead of 7th gaurd/wing Westbrook or J. Jones because they can play both EDD and Hawkins in big line ups at the 3 if need be and probably also as a way to load manage EDD's minutes a 5th post could be useful than another g/w.

with J. Jones, Westbrook, S. Jones and Tsineke for for Injury/late arrival replacement spots. Maybe one of them could knock out Hawkins or Toliver if they seem to have lost a couple of steps but I feel like Washington and Mike T put value on experience. Westbrook and Jaz Jones did give them some good minutes last season so it isn't a slam dunk for Hawkins or Toliver but I wouldn't bet against them ATM

Shades

PostPosted: 04/26/23 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Cloud/Toliver
Atkins/SWK
Sykes/Meng
EDD/MHA/Hawkins
Austin/Zahui B

Not a bad roster if they can swing it.
I’m not sure about Meng. Maybe slot SWK there and put CWilliams in that backup guard guard role. Did she ever get signed?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/26/23 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Toliver can only be on a vet minimum contract if both Zahui B and Hawkins are on the final roster she could make 12k more if instead of Hawkins they went with S. Jones or Jaz Jones or Westbrook or an additional 12 k more if neither Zahui B or Hawkins made the final team with minimum players like S. Jones, J. Jones and Westbrook filling out the roster

my guess Toliver is on vet minimum and Washington goes with vet/loyalty bench to compete for a ship so,

Cloud/Toliver
Atkins/SWK
Sykes/Meng
EDD/MHA/Hawkins
Austin/Zahui B

They go with 5th post Hawkins instead of 7th guard/wing Westbrook or J. Jones because they can play both EDD and Hawkins in big line ups at the 3 if need be and probably also as a way to load manage EDD's minutes a 5th post could be useful than another g/w.

with J. Jones, Westbrook, S. Jones and Tsineke for for Injury/late arrival replacement spots. Maybe one of them could knock out Hawkins or Toliver if they seem to have lost a couple of steps but I feel like Washington and Mike T put value on experience. Westbrook and Jaz Jones did give them some good minutes last season so it isn't a slam dunk for Hawkins or Toliver but I wouldn't bet against them ATM

I happen to agree but I wouldn't want to lose Tsienke because of a sentimental feeling for a player who doesn't have it on the court anymore.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/28/23 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hines-Allen is coming off an off-season knee surgery which might delay her start to the year. General manager Mike Thibault was noncommittal about her timeline earlier this month, which means another minor injury could make Washington eligible for a hardship exception.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-mystics/who-fighting-final-roster-spots-mystics-training-camp

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 05/01/23 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics have signed Emily Engstler to a training camp contract.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/01/23 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:

So is she injured as far as the back is concerned or as far as Indiana was concerned ? Shocked

PostPosted: 05/02/23 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
HomerCecil wrote:

So is she injured as far as the back is concerned or as far as Indiana was concerned ? Shocked

Yeah, getting signed by the Mystics blows holes in the Fever story that it was about Engstler being injured. Fever should just say "we filled our post quota with the #1 pick, former MVP at college Aliyah Boston and acknowledge they should have gone with a guard at that pick last year. Meanwhile, they have a very healthy Lexi Hull who just might prove to be worth that pick and Nalyssa is poised to have an even better year. With the Fever's plethora of high picks, they bound to miss on one or two between last year and this year. None of their picks or signings have been "Catchings cringeworthy."

~rAf
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/02/23 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In fairness, no one at the Fever ever said she was injured. They just waived her.

PostPosted: 05/03/23 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Kareem Copeland Washington Post:

Thibault listed those not traveling for the exhibition game vs the Lynx: Toliver, Austin, Sykes, Walker-Kimbrough, Meng. Said Hines-Allen will travel but not play.

https://twitter.com/kareemcopeland/status/1653814714521071616

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: