Phoenix Mercury 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shontay33

PostPosted: 08/03/23 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://twitter.com/SkyDigg4/status/1687086885645291520

Quote:
We’re not affiliated unless it’s the checks….per management. I can’t even use the practice facility or any resources. But I still love the X-Factor!!

I wonder if this applies to any player who is under suspended status for the season or if this is something new implemented by Jim Pitman and
Co.

If so, I can see why as it may be a liabilty issue if an injury occurs while the contract is suspended. I'm sure that some type of waver can be signed. In years past, the Suns have allowed players under contract from other teams to use their facilities. It may be differnt now with all the recruiting going on.

On a side note, interesting that SDS said "We still love the X-Factor". Some of the hate I have heard and seen spewed towards her by some of these Mercury fans,has me thinking she may want to reconsider her appreciation for the X-Factor.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/03/23 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
I wonder if this applies to any player who is under suspended status for the season or if this is something new implemented by Jim Pitman and
Co.

If the discussion on reddit is anything to go by, this appears to be a Mercury call.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
ucbart

PostPosted: 08/03/23 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL! SDS is an absolute menace and she's been the problem everywhere she's gone. She reminds me of the people from high school that treat social media as a journal and put all their drama for the world to see, and when someone calls them out, a whole other level of trash emerges.

It pisses me off how much members of the media kiss her ass. Call her $hit out.

I am so sick of her.

And furthermore, I'm sure she told the Mercury she wouldn't play for them again, so it's perfectly within their rights to pay her and tell her, "you can't be here." I mean, she couldn't even to be bothered to go support her teammates when she left the team for her pregnancy.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/03/23 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, well as long as you're sure...

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/03/23 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
Co.

If the discussion on reddit is anything to go by, this appears to be a Mercury call.

The Suns did the same thing with Jae Crowder last season too. (And it was a coach conflict)

I don’t know what went on, but I will say she was right about the coach..

PostPosted: 08/03/23 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar needs to dump that purple and embrace wearing SKY blue.

Last edited by Rock Hard on 08/03/23 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 08/03/23 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:

I wonder if this applies to any player who is under suspended status for the season or if this is something new implemented by Jim Pitman and Co.

Why would he care? He’s stepping down after this season.

shontay33 wrote:
If so, I can see why as it may be a liabilty issue if an injury occurs while the contract is suspended. I'm sure that some type of waiver can be signed.

Do you think Diggins would actually sign a waiver? She would be so indigginant, that she would be on Twitter so fast.

shontay33 wrote:
On a side note, interesting that SDS said "We still love the X-Factor".

Well, Twitter is called “X” now, so maybe that’s what she meant. Her and Elon Musk just love the X. Very Happy

shontay33 wrote:
Some of the hate I have heard and seen spewed towards her by some of these Mercury fans, has me thinking she may want to reconsider her appreciation for the X-Factor.

Oops, there goes that word again. Now I’m waiting for pilight to come to the ridiculous conclusion that all these critical Mercury fans must be die-hard UConn fans. She definitely can’t get criticism because she’s the most self-absorbed player in WNBA history.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/03/23 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://twitter.com/SkyDigg4/status/1687086885645291520

Quote:
We’re not affiliated unless it’s the checks….per management. I can’t even use the practice facility or any resources. But I still love the X-Factor!!

I have noticed that I never see her in any clips of Pho. (Edit: I think that I just saw her in the segment with DT and Sophie.)

This really makes it sound like they are going their separate ways.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 08/03/23 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
shontay33 wrote:

I wonder if this applies to any player who is under suspended status for the season or if this is something new implemented by Jim Pitman and Co.

Why would he care? He’s stepping down after this season.

shontay33 wrote:
If so, I can see why as it may be a liabilty issue if an injury occurs while the contract is suspended. I'm sure that some type of waiver can be signed.

Do you think Diggins would actually sign a waiver? She would be so indigginant, that she would be on Twitter so fast.

shontay33 wrote:
On a side note, interesting that SDS said "We still love the X-Factor".

Well, Twitter is called “X” now, so maybe that’s what she meant. Her and Elon Musk just love the X. Very Happy

shontay33 wrote:
Some of the hate I have heard and seen spewed towards her by some of these Mercury fans, has me thinking she may want to reconsider her appreciation for the X-Factor.

Oops, there goes that word again. Now I’m waiting for pilight to come to the ridiculous conclusion that all these critical Mercury fans must be die-hard UConn fans. She definitely can’t get criticism because she’s the most self-absorbed player in WNBA history.

I am not a Mercury fan and I am not a UConn fan. I used to admire Skylar's game but her juvenile self centered behavior has ruined her for me. Not sure if she's MORE self absorbed than Liz, but they're both in a league of their own. The way she pouted when she barely got on the court for the US National Team sealed the deal for me. I mean, at least Swin Cash just grabbed her gold medal and looked happy doing it.

~rAf
ucbart

PostPosted: 08/04/23 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My question in this SDS drama - when she signs with another team, will anyone offer her max money? I realize she's great, but she's continuously proven that she's in a league of her own, ego wise, she's not that young anymore. Will organizations want to give her max $$ and deal with her shit attitude and theatrics? She's an absolute nightmare in the lockerroom and on social media.

ucbart

PostPosted: 08/04/23 1:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My question in this SDS drama - when she signs with another team, will anyone offer her max money? I realize she's great, but she's continuously proven that she's in a league of her own, ego wise, she's not that young anymore. Will organizations want to give her max $$ and deal with her shit attitude and theatrics? She's an absolute nightmare in the lockerroom and on social media.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/04/23 2:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was just looking at the her hoops cap sheets for 24 and so many players come off the books next season that almost all teams could afford to offer Diggins-Smith the max and most would still have money left over to make other major moves.

I could see where teams would be cautious but it only takes one to make that move.

Some coaches and some GMs would probably feel confident that they are the right person to maximize a players on court ability and minimize any negative affects and it is easy to come up with explanations for why it didn't work out in PX and Dallas for Diggins-Smith if you are looking for those explanations. If your a team that feels like adding a talented lead guard is the next step towards truly contending I could convincing yourself to take the risk as a pretty believable option.

Many believe LA will be Diggins-Smith next stop. Diggins-Smith with L. Brown is a nice starting back-court throw in Canada, Clarendon and Cooke that is a strong guard rotation. If LA can keep Nneka, draft well and maybe find an answer on the wing also in free agency they could have something.

When looking at just need and on court fit I would also suggest Minny and Atl as teams that could jump into contention with the addition of a talented lead guard in the mold of Diggins-Smith. Atl also seems like a good life style fit for Diggins-Smith. Minny replacing Powers or McBride with Diggins-Smith would be an upgrade. Conn would be interesting if they re-sign Bonner and get a healthy B. Jones back next year but I just don't see Diggins-Smith there.

I am neither advocating or arguing against Diggins-Smith getting the max but it does seem very possible someone will offer it IMO.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/04/23 3:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also I put this up before but it was more complicated so keeping it simple

Once Diggins-Smith is off the books PX should max out Loyd to give DT the hope of competing in her final season in 24 and then to replace DT as Griner's long term running mate in PX for the rest of their careers.

PX will also most likely have a lottery pick, and because Loyd can only get regular max in PX the Mercury might even have a little more cap help in 24 to bring in at least another vet minimum

PX 24

Taurasi/Jefferson
Loyd/Peddy/minimum
Cunningham/Onyenwere
Turner/lottery pick (Reese or Jackson)
Griner/vet minimum (Dolson? Parker? j/k Stokes? K. Brown?)

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 08/04/23 3:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Skylar needs to dump that purple and embrace wearing SKY blue.

Shocked

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I never liked SDS - one of those irrational "I don't like her attitude" deals that I have felt for her from the start (my first year as an STH). Nothing that has happened since has changed my mind. She can take her funky li'l stuck up attitude elsewhere. Effective player, but let's not eff up my team more than it already is (in a different way)!

PostPosted: 08/04/23 3:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mad props to Taurasi the thug, proving that age ain't nothing but a number!

In Chi-Town, she played more minutes than most of her teammates and was Phx's high scorer (24). Now 42 points a few days later? Wow... Surprised

PostPosted: 08/04/23 4:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Fisher gone from LA, I doubt they take on any more head cases. Minny could work as they have a clear leader in Phee, who has zero interest in drama. I imagine they'd bring her in on bringing in SDS to see if they think it could work. Take away her twitter account would help. Cheryl knows her from USA basketball so that could be the determining factor, depending on how that relationship went. Kinda doubt it was good, considering how pouty SDS always looked on the bench.

Or she could wait until expansion and be the anchor player a new team brings in. Maybe she needs to be top dog from the start, like she was at Notre Dame.

Atlanta is an interesting thought. Tanisha has successfully resurrected that program and created a new drama free culture.

Slim pickings. Conversation goes: "Will you behave yourself and communicate directly with teammates and coaches instead of sharing your dirty laundry on twitter?"

~rAf
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/04/23 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Some of yall need to go get a popsicle and chill out. I recommend Outshine brand.

But you need to stay away from the lemon flavor. You're puckered enough already.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 08/04/23 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This board is tough on the straight players.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/05/23 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
This board is tough on the straight players.

You should have been here when Katie Douglas won All-Star MVP and her husband went onto the court to congratulate her.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 08/05/23 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the "rough on straight players" comment wasn't directed at me, but I haven't noticed that dynamic in particular (or at least I didn't perceive it that way). My feelings about anyone are based on their presented attitudes. I've shared my dislike for CaParker (which didn't change when she came out), just called Diana a thug in this thread, and SDS has always presented herself to me as "special". Jerky behavior is not limited to any race, sexuality, age group, gender, etc.

It's a shame some people feel the need to put down or feel superior to others because they are in a different sub-group of society. Unfortunately, that's a dynamic that precedes all of us. Can't we all just get along and focus on our commonalities instead of our differences? Celebrate life!

It'll be interesting to see how the SDS situation plays itself out. Will any team want her? She's got mad skills, but like with Chennedy, her attitude will probably get in the way.

PostPosted: 08/05/23 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The trade deadline is August Seventh.

PostPosted: 08/05/23 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Wow. Some of yall need to go get a popsicle and chill out. I recommend Outshine brand.

But you need to stay away from the lemon flavor. You're puckered enough already.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/05/23 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:

It'll be interesting to see how the SDS situation plays itself out. Will any team want her? She's got mad skills, but like with Chennedy, her attitude will probably get in the way.

SDS is a multiple all star and first team all WNBA point guard, plenty of teams can find use for a player of her caliber. She’s a proven commodity unlike Chennedy.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/05/23 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
SDS is a multiple all star and first team all WNBA point guard, plenty of teams can find use for a player of her caliber. She’s a proven commodity unlike Chennedy.

See, this is why, even though I have created this identity as a hater, at least I know that I have enough integrity to admit that sometimes I hate a player, just 'cuz. I don't feel the need to rationalize or validate my hate of said player by diminishing their achievements.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/05/23 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn. Put this in the wrong thread. Moving it from the game thread to here.

Quote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Sky's contract was suspended because of her pregnancy, right?

I don't think she was suspended for the season. As others have mentioned, if she comes back to play just a few minutes, then at the end of the season, she becomes an unrestricted FA. If she doesn't play at all, she'll have to wait until the end of next season to become UFA. I think she wants to try another team and maybe three's a charm.

Not yet asking how long her contract is suspended, just why it was suspended.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: