Wings
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Sun
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

Shades

PostPosted: 08/19/22 10:44 am    ::: Wings @ Sun - 8/21/22 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2
Uncasville, CT - 12:00 PM ET

TV: ABC, Sportsnet One (Angel Gray, Andraya Carter)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/eventCalendarId/401455653#bucketId=1

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/222595/dallas-wings--connecticut-sun

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20220821/DALCON/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 08/21/22 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever seen the Wings play this well. Ever.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/21/22 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thornton is a great energy player, but when she hits her first three threes, the opponent is in trouble already.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/21/22 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JJ said in the featurette, that CONN likes having the underdog mentality.
....well, it doesn't mean that they have to play like it.... jeez.

DAL 46
CON 30
..halftime

PostPosted: 08/21/22 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is very impressive.

I know the postseason doesn't count but VJ should be much higher in consideration for COY.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/21/22 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4bisZxHFBNY?start=61" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/21/22 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some rebkellians wanted to call James Wade all kinds of "whiner" for complaining about the new playoff format; even Copper caught a little bit of it. I'll tell you what, though: if we get two Top Three seeds go out in the first round, in WTA games on the road in the very first year of this format, we'll never see it again.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/21/22 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun got overconfident... It happens.. Confused

I like the Sun, but I'm happy for the Wings... I had Teaira McCowan and Kayla Thornton on my fantasy team. Mr. Green Satou too, but she spent nearly all her time on my IR lol Razz

zune69

PostPosted: 08/21/22 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The new playoff format makes no sense...The lower seed should never have a decisive game 3 on their home court

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/21/22 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
The new playoff format makes no sense...The lower seed should never have a decisive game 3 on their home court

Hopefully next year they change it to a best of 5 and they won't have that problem in the first place.. Confused

pilight

PostPosted: 08/21/22 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game is on the verge of getting interesting

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/21/22 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats WNBA 09!

PostPosted: 08/21/22 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love this new format. Makes the playoffs much more interesting. And if you get an upset or two, that's all the better.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/21/22 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To the Wings fans that like to no-sell the franchise's pre-Dallas history, and pretend like the team manifested itself out of the aether in 2016, what was your reaction to hearing on TV that this was being recognized as the team's first playoff win since 2009?

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/21/22 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I love this new format. Makes the playoffs much more interesting. And if you get an upset or two, that's all the better.

I'm sure that there are a lot of people who love upsets, when they're happening to somebody else. When you don't have a rooting interest in the higher seed, why wouldn't you want to see an upset?

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 08/21/22 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Some rebkellians wanted to call James Wade all kinds of "whiner" for complaining about the new playoff format; even Copper caught a little bit of it. I'll tell you what, though: if we get two Top Three seeds go out in the first round, in WTA games on the road in the very first year of this format, we'll never see it again.

Finish your business at home and you got nothing to complain about. I think the lower seeds have more to complain about. They can get swept without even an attempt at a home court advantage. It's a fair trade off. The best team wins.

Plenty of 3 and 4 seeds went out in winner take all single elimination games and the league was fine with it for years.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/21/22 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Finish your business at home and you got nothing to complain about. I think the lower seeds have more to complain about. They can get swept without even an attempt at a home court advantage. It's a fair trade off. The best team wins.

Plenty of 3 and 4 seeds went out in winner take all single elimination games and the league was fine with it for years.

I thought the purpose of the new format was in response to last year’s top 2 seeds losing in the semi’s (long layoff) as opposed to the lower seeds having playing in the one and done games. Personally I love the new format, as you said, it’s a fair trade off.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/21/22 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Greg Bibb needs to have a serious talk with Arike during her exit interview after this season. A great talent for sure, but her ball iso is a deterrent to the overall success of the team. I’ve been very impressed with the Wings and VJ during this past month.

They need to do whatever they can to hold on to Alisha Gray! If Reeve and USA basketball are smart, they’ll put her on the World Cup squad. Quality scorers are a dime a dozen, but her overall on court play, perimeter defense, and low maintenance personality will go a long way with that team.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 08/21/22 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Greg Bibb needs to have a serious talk with Arike during her exit interview after this season. A great talent for sure, but her ball iso is a deterrent to the overall success of the team. I’ve been very impressed with the Wings and VJ during this past month.

They need to do whatever they can to hold on to Alisha Gray! If Reeve and USA basketball are smart, they’ll put her on the World Cup squad. Quality scorers are a dime a dozen, but her overall on court play, perimeter defense, and low maintenance personality will go a long way with that team.

I agree that Arike needs to fit in better with the team, but I cannot believe that she is playing the way she is without VJ's blessing.

As for Gray, she NEEDS to be part of the team going forward. Do not let her leave!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/21/22 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haven't posted here in a while , but I would like to congratulate VJ and My fellow WFFL's for securing our first Playoff win as a Dallas franchise and getting our first playoff home game wednesday . I will be in attendance rooting for us as always . Great day to be a Wing !! Flat or Bones Cool Cool Cool

PostPosted: 08/21/22 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

Agree with all of this! I know I'm a broken record on this but I've always maintained that both Arike and Kelsey Mitchell shot their team OUT of more games than they shot them INTO games.

RE: Alisha Gray. Her role in South Carolina's first championship has always been understated. Remember the team was short on posts with Alaina Coates not playing. Alisha's post defense was crucial to victory plus her overall defense and dependable scoring from all over. All of these strengths have become even stronger. And she never gets caught up in drama! When she left the mess at UNC to transfer to South Carolina, she did not say word one to the public. She just dug in and did her job at her new school while North Carolina figured out how to finally kick Hatchell to the curb.

~rAf
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/21/22 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Congrats WNBA 09!

Lynxmania !! You know I had to return for this moment . Its been forever it seems and today is the greatest day in Dallas Wings history . Thank you so much !! #WFFL

PostPosted: 08/21/22 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Haven't posted here in a while , but I would like to congratulate VJ and My fellow WFFL's for securing our first Playoff win as a Dallas franchise and getting our first playoff home game wednesday . I will be in attendance rooting for us as always . Great day to be a Wing !! Flat or Bones 8) Cool Cool
Wink

🤣🤣🤣

Glad to have you back

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/21/22 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

And my rebuttal would be that lower seeds have absolutely nothing to complain about whatsoever. If you make the playoffs as a team with a losing record, you have no right to expect any home games. At all.

Home court advantage is supposed to be a reward for the teams that take care of business during the regular season. Being able to host winner-take-all elimination games in front of your fans is why you try to win games during the regular season. If you're not going to give them that reward, what even is the point of the regular season?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/21/22 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Haven't posted here in a while , but I would like to congratulate VJ and My fellow WFFL's for securing our first Playoff win as a Dallas franchise and getting our first playoff home game wednesday . I will be in attendance rooting for us as always . Great day to be a Wing !! Flat or Bones 8) Cool Cool
Wink

🤣🤣🤣

Glad to have you back

Thank Youuuu !! But oh no i'm not back i'm going back to hibernation , maybe once the playoffs end . I lurk here , but i cannot par take. The dynamics here are not the same and a lot of people are angry or responding to start arguments unlike the regular WNBA conversations we use to have back in the early days.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: