Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 10/07/22 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 10/07/22 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations Kristi

https://umterps.com/news/2022/10/4/m-club-maryland-athletics-2022-hall-of-fame-spotlight-kristi-toliver.aspx

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/07/22 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why do they all look like they got kicked out of the club?

PostPosted: 10/08/22 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

They are all committed to following resident bad girl Chennedy. Her unsmiling countenance is absolutely contagious!

PostPosted: 10/08/22 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chennedy's shoe size looks ginormous for her size...unless she's just got a pair of Nneka's on for the picture.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 10/08/22 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Queenie wrote:

They are all committed to following resident bad girl Chennedy. Her unsmiling countenance is absolutely contagious!

And a child shall lead them?šŸ¤”

PostPosted: 10/09/22 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
jap wrote:
Queenie wrote:

And a child shall lead them?šŸ¤”

I would love! to see this particular "child" mature inti a true WNBA superstar, but will she allow herself be guided by older wiser heads like Nneka, Kristi, & company?

PostPosted: 10/09/22 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Well, that's 3 of the 4 players I would keep on the squad. Also Brittney Sykes.

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 10/18/22 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chiney Ogwumike Extends ESPN Deal, Could Start Calling NBA Games

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/chiney-ogwumike-espn-wnba-1235406595/

Quote:
ā€œWe donā€™t have many women analysts outside of Doris Burke calling NBA games on linear TV,ā€ says Ogwumike, in an interview, adding: ā€œThatā€™s the next challenge for me. Iā€™ve called womenā€™s basketball games. I know how to call a basketball game, but I like to make sure to master my craft before I jump into another one.ā€

PostPosted: 10/19/22 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Chiney Ogwumike Extends ESPN Deal, Could Start Calling NBA Games

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/chiney-ogwumike-espn-wnba-1235406595/

Quote:
ā€œWe donā€™t have many women analysts outside of Doris Burke calling NBA games on linear TV,ā€ says Ogwumike, in an interview, adding: ā€œThatā€™s the next challenge for me. Iā€™ve called womenā€™s basketball games. I know how to call a basketball game, but I like to make sure to master my craft before I jump into another one.ā€

Smart of Chiney to launch her post basketball playing career. She sometimes shows she still belongs in the WNBA, but usually doesn't. How long LA will let her ride Nneka's jersey is anybody's guess.

But I think she forgot to mention the woman who pioneered as a woman analyzing NBA games: Cheryl Miller. Big omission. Also Candace Parker has been in the mix in NBA programming. Let's not forget the shoulders she's standing on.

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 10/21/22 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1583513067970707456

Quote:
The Los Angeles Sparks are finalizing a deal to make Curt Miller the franchiseā€™s next head coach

PostPosted: 10/21/22 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
The Los Angeles Sparks are finalizing a deal to make Curt Miller the franchiseā€™s next head coach

šŸ˜ Welcome home, coach...
Time for Sparks to fly.....

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/21/22 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

Whoa. So was he not renewed or fired by CT? I didn't see that. Honestly, he could be a good coach for rebuilding that team. Kind of surprised CT is moving on. I don't think he's their problem so much as the roster isn't as good as people give them credit for. They're perfectly good but that's about it. None of them have that killer instinct to get you a ring.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 10/21/22 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Whoa. So was he not renewed or fired by CT? I didn't see that. Honestly, he could be a good coach for rebuilding that team. Kind of surprised CT is moving on. I don't think he's their problem so much as the roster isn't as good as people give them credit for. They're perfectly good but that's about it. None of them have that killer instinct to get you a ring.

Don't think it was a firing or a non-renewal. ESPN says he's leaving to come to LA.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/21/22 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder how this affects Nneka & Chiney resigning......

PostPosted: 10/21/22 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Curt don't play. Chiney might be the best he can do for this season given the mess he's left with. He is signing both - hopefully Nneka multi year and Chiney for 1 season only. Add in ONO and Zahui and the front court is set. Not competitive with the top of the league, but depending on who he brings in for the back court, should make playoffs.

Priorities for Curt Miller:

#1: STOP SIGNING PLAYERS NO OTHER TEAM WANTS

PG pass, shoot, defend - if only 2 out of the 3, those 2 must be stellar
SG who can shoot, and with height
SF back up for Sykes, height and shooting

If he can't do any better than Katie Lou, she stays as back up to the back up, both 3 & 4.

This is a home run for LA!!!! Players should be thrilled they have a coach and GM who knows the game and knows how to make best use of the players he's got. He got the multi talented, multi injured Alyssa Thomas back to All Star calibre AND the team back to the Finals without starting PG Jasmine Thomas. He maximized the hand he was dealt in Connecticut. Both Alyssa and Jasmine are unconventional players but he fit them together.

Funny that Curt goes to LA, the team he made the Jonquel Jones/Chelsea Gray trade with. That should have been the trade that made both teams championship contenders until the LA mess led to Chelsea leaving LA to get her seoncd ring in Las Vegas.

~rAf
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 10/21/22 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Curt don't play. Chiney might be the best he can do for this season given the mess he's left with. He is signing both - hopefully Nneka multi year and Chiney for 1 season only. Add in ONO and Zahui and the front court is set. Not competitive with the top of the league, but depending on who he brings in for the back court, should make playoffs.

If he can't do any better than Katie Lou, she stays as back up to the back up, both 3 & 4.

This is a home run for LA!!!! Players should be thrilled they have a coach and GM who knows the game and knows how to make best use of the players he's got. He got the multi talented, multi injured Alyssa Thomas back to All Star calibre AND the team back to the Finals without starting PG Jasmine Thomas. He maximized the hand he was dealt in Connecticut. Both Alyssa and Jasmine are unconventional players but he fit them together.

Funny that Curt goes to LA, the team he made the Jonquel Jones/Chelsea Gray trade with. That should have been the trade that made both teams championship contenders until the LA mess led to Chelsea leaving LA to get her seoncd ring in Las Vegas.

Don't think he was hired as GM.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 10/21/22 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj_Kl3YPHNk/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=[/img]

Great hire!! Time to get back to pissing off the haters!! Sparks will fly!

dreamfan11

PostPosted: 10/21/22 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I think Sienko made the trade before he stepped away and Miller became GM - and the articles are suggesting a GM will also be hired in LA. Good for them - power move and can only benefit a culture shift in LA LA Land!

ster II

PostPosted: 10/21/22 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holy crap! Didn't see that coming, but it kinda makes sense. Curt may have over-stayed his time as Coach of a super-talented team without winning the Chip. (see Mike Thibault's tenure with the Mystics.) Teams may stop listening/believing in their Coach after years and need a new voice in leadership.

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 10/24/22 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am glad that we got a legitimate coach this time around who has experience in the W. I feel like the knock on him is that he can get his team to the doorstep, but can't win the whole thing. Not that the Sparks are there yet. I feel like if we make it to the playoffs this year, it will be considered a success. The biggest thing I want to see is how he utilizes Chennedy. She is a tremendous talent with some baggage, but if he can instill confidence in her, it will pay dividends.
jap

PostPosted: 10/24/22 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
I am glad that we got a legitimate coach this time around who has experience in the W. I feel like the knock on him is that he can get his team to the doorstep, but can't win the whole thing. Not that the Sparks are there yet. I feel like if we make it to the playoffs this year, it will be considered a success. The biggest thing I want to see is how he utilizes Chennedy. She is a tremendous talent with some baggage, but if he can instill confidence in her, it will pay dividends.

I hear you! I wonder if Kristi Toliver, 'Lil Mopey 1.0, will be sticking around as a player or coach to help mentor Chennedy, 'Lil Mopey 2.0.
Can our silent assassin, a former problem child herself, get through
to Chennedy and help her see the big picture?

PostPosted: 10/24/22 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ster II wrote:
Holy crap! Didn't see that coming, but it kinda makes sense. Curt may have over-stayed his time as Coach of a super-talented team without winning the Chip. (see Mike Thibault's tenure with the Mystics.) Teams may stop listening/believing in their Coach after years and need a new voice in leadership.

Thibault did win a Championship with the Mystics, though. His run of almost-but-never teams was, coincidentally, also with the Connecticut Sun (2 Finals and 8 Semifinals).

PostPosted: 10/26/22 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

interesting

Why not start the rebuild now

move on from the former Sparks free agent

maybe try and do a sign and trade for N. Ogwumike she can get super max trade her to Dallas for something fairish in return (if not keep N. Ogwumike and save money on the cap else where)

and have LA GM try to sign his former Suns players who are free agents and Conn probably can't afford
B. Jones UFA
C. Williams UFA (maybe not if they want to keep Carter but C. Will can probably be had for a decent price maybe not as cheap as last year but probably not a near max player either
Heideman (RFA) but could probably be had for a 150ish contract that Conn would struggle to match then you have a PG who already knows the system)

OK so on 2nd thought keep the Ogwumikes, bring in B. Jones and Heideman, see if you can make C. Will and Carter work bring back L. Brown who I think played with Miller before and has the shooting he likes

Heideman/Carter
C. Will/Brown
KLS/Walker/Burrell
N. Ogwumike/Zahui B
B. Jones/ONO/C. Ogwumike

That could be interesting if you want to go win now

I still might go full rebuild
bring in (poach) the Suns free agents (B. Jones, Heideman, C. Will)
sign and trade Nneka
try and trade Carter
let Chiney, Canada and Zahui B move on
I think Toliver might retire but was wrong about that last year
maybe bring back Sykes (though not the most Miller type of player) and/or Brown

scullyfu

PostPosted: 10/26/22 6:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wasnā€™t it C. Williams & C. Carter who were involved in that Atlanta parking lot fight? Werenā€™t they on opposite sides? If so, having them on the same may present more problems.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: