RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sparks @ Liberty - 8/02/22

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 08/02/22 4:41 am    ::: Sparks @ Liberty - 8/02/22 Reply Reply with quote

Brooklyn, NY - 7:00 PM ET
TV: CBS Sports Network

Video stream:
https://www.cbssports.com/live/
https://watchyesnetwork.com/

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/213753/los-angeles-sparks--new-york-liberty

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20220802/LASNYL/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
RavenDog

PostPosted: 08/02/22 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Start spreading the News...

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 08/02/22 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GO LIBERTY!

Sparks won't dismantle Fisher stink unless Sparks miss playoffs again. Unfortunately, the mid season coaching change has made them a little competitive. I bet having Zahui B would help them this season. LOL. I could not imagine all the negative ways signing Liz could further tank this once proud program. Getting the details of her snatching Zahui's uni # was not on my bingo card. And then Fish suspended Zahui. Fish in the running for worst ever GM/Coach along with Trudi Lacey.

The Liberty are playing some good ball right now and deserve the reward of a post season. Nneka deserves to have a GM, Coach and players worthy of her. The sooner, the better.

~rAf
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 08/02/22 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
GO LIBERTY!

Sparks won't dismantle Fisher stink unless Sparks miss playoffs again. Unfortunately, the mid season coaching change has made them a little competitive. I bet having Zahui B would help them this season. LOL. I could not imagine all the negative ways signing Liz could further tank this once proud program. Getting the details of her snatching Zahui's uni # was not on my bingo card. And then Fish suspended Zahui. Fish in the running for worst ever GM/Coach along with Trudi Lacey.

The Liberty are playing some good ball right now and deserve the reward of a post season. Nneka deserves to have a GM, Coach and players worthy of her. The sooner, the better.

Truly, this whole thing has been a whole other level of crazy and Nneka (Slim, Canada, etc.) did not sign up for this!

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/02/22 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Start spreading the News...

🥰🎶

PostPosted: 08/02/22 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn. The floor looks cool for the Xbox promo.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/02/22 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

Actually I think it's ugly.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/02/22 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Free Han Xu!

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
tfan

PostPosted: 08/02/22 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looked like a bogus call on Sykes - per the rulebook. But ref nullification allows an offensive player to drive into the defender and get a foul call.

The floor and paint colors are a nice change, but I'd prefer if they didn't have the circular designs in the paint.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/02/22 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks are obviously not getting the same wide-open looks without Cambage drawing double/triple teams

Last 3 games:

11 for 62 from 3 pt range (KLS 2 for 21 )

Queenie

PostPosted: 08/02/22 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Actually I think it's ugly.

It was a lot more hectic in real life than it appeared in the promotional images. I think it threw off the refs a couple of times when it came to two-pointer versus three-pointer.

That was a fun game. Let’s do it again tomorrow. Today. After this sleep. Y’all know what I mean. And maybe we can do it with fewer people getting hit in the head next time? Very Happy?

PostPosted: 08/03/22 1:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Han Xu had 13 points, seven rebounds, and EIGHT ASSISTS!!! I'd love to see Han get a triple double!!!

PostPosted: 08/03/22 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't piss off Sabrina, wow!

I liked the alternative court. It was visually interesting, very nice eye candy that spiced things up.

B2B games need to be eliminated from the schedule, in my opinion.

PostPosted: 08/03/22 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mike Thibault's 2022 Draft Day trade is looking better as this season moves ahead. Thank you, Liz Cambage.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/03/22 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interestingly, yesterday was the fifth time in 30 games that the Liberty have attempted more free throws than an opponent. It started out 8-0 LA, then the Liberty got the vast majority moving forward. Sabrina’s intensity was an obvious catalyst in a game the referees didn’t really have good control over. But it’s as if she acknowledged that if the referees aren’t going to police the physicality, then she was going to do it herself. Is it a coincidence that the Liberty proceeded to get 80% of the free throws moving forward? Not likely. If you’ve watched the Liberty all season, it’s pretty easy to comprehend Sabrina’s frustration building up to the point where she’s not going to take it anymore. And if it means getting a T and getting feisty then so be it. I think the superstars eventually just learn how and when to play a certain way to influence how a game is officiated. I think last night demonstrated that Sabrina is ready to take another step in her growth. She made a few mistakes turnover-wise but otherwise played like the most experienced player on the floor. And the Liberty are suddenly looking good in terms of intangibles. But we know the ups and downs of this team so let’s see what happens tonight and on the four game road trip. When you embarrass a team and then play them the next night, you expect you’ll have to play through even more physicality.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: