RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Man Arrested Trying to Kill Justice Kavanaugh At Home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 06/10/22 1:57 pm    ::: Man Arrested Trying to Kill Justice Kavanaugh At Home Reply Reply with quote

https://nypost.com/2022/06/09/nicholas-roskes-family-speaks-after-brett-kavanaugh-threat-arrest/

Quote:
Nicholas John Roske, of Simi Valley, California, was charged with the attempted murder of a Supreme Court justice after he was busted near Kavanaugh’s Maryland home early Wednesday, armed with a Glock 17 pistol and knife.

He also had ammunition, zip ties, pepper spray, duct tape and other items that he told police he’d planned to use to break into Kavanaugh’s home and kill him, according to a criminal complaint.

Quote:
Police in Montgomery County, Maryland, apprehended Roske near Kavanaugh’s home after he called 911 and told the operator that he was having “suicidal thoughts” and had a firearm in his suitcase.

Roske said he was angry over the leaked Supreme Court draft opinion expected to overturn Roe v. Wade and the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, that left 19 students and two teachers dead, according to court documents.

He also believed Kavanaugh would loosen gun control laws and hatched the plot to kill the justice after finding his address online in an ill-fated bid to “give his life a purpose,” Roske allegedly told cops.

He made his initial appearance in a federal court in Maryland on Wednesday, where he paused several times while responding to routine inquiries from US Magistrate Judge Timothy Sullivan.

Asked if he understood what was happening and whether he was thinking clearly, Roske paused, then said, “I think I have a reasonable understanding, but I wouldn’t say I’m thinking clearly.”

The rest of the story talks about what a "great kid" everyone thought he was and how surprised they were to hear of the plot.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/10/22 2:07 pm    ::: Re: Man Arrested Trying to Kill Justice Kavanaugh At Home Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
https://nypost.com/2022/06/09/nicholas-roskes-family-speaks-after-brett-kavanaugh-threat-arrest/

Quote:
Nicholas John Roske, of Simi Valley, California, was charged with the attempted murder of a Supreme Court justice after he was busted near Kavanaugh’s Maryland home early Wednesday, armed with a Glock 17 pistol and knife.

He also had ammunition, zip ties, pepper spray, duct tape and other items that he told police he’d planned to use to break into Kavanaugh’s home and kill him, according to a criminal complaint.

Quote:
Police in Montgomery County, Maryland, apprehended Roske near Kavanaugh’s home after he called 911 and told the operator that he was having “suicidal thoughts” and had a firearm in his suitcase.

Roske said he was angry over the leaked Supreme Court draft opinion expected to overturn Roe v. Wade and the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, that left 19 students and two teachers dead, according to court documents.

He also believed Kavanaugh would loosen gun control laws and hatched the plot to kill the justice after finding his address online in an ill-fated bid to “give his life a purpose,” Roske allegedly told cops.

He made his initial appearance in a federal court in Maryland on Wednesday, where he paused several times while responding to routine inquiries from US Magistrate Judge Timothy Sullivan.

Asked if he understood what was happening and whether he was thinking clearly, Roske paused, then said, “I think I have a reasonable understanding, but I wouldn’t say I’m thinking clearly.”

The rest of the story talks about what a "great kid" everyone thought he was and how surprised they were to hear of the plot.

He didn't try too hard, given that he is the one who called 9-11 on himself.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 06/10/22 2:26 pm    ::: Re: Man Arrested Trying to Kill Justice Kavanaugh At Home Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Can't say that the next lunatic who tries it will do the same.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/10/22 3:02 pm    ::: Re: Man Arrested Trying to Kill Justice Kavanaugh At Home Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Were you this worked up about the lunatic who was arrested with plans to kill Sonya Sotomayor? Who had already killed the family of a federal judge.

Somehow I doubt you were.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 06/10/22 3:12 pm    ::: Re: Man Arrested Trying to Kill Justice Kavanaugh At Home Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Were you this worked up about the lunatic who was arrested with plans to kill Sonya Sotomayor? Who had already killed the family of a federal judge.

I was. Doesn't seem like you care too much about this though. I wonder why not. Seems like you're defending him to me.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/10/22 3:30 pm    ::: Re: Man Arrested Trying to Kill Justice Kavanaugh At Home Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I was. Doesn't seem like you care too much about this though. I wonder why not. Seems like you're defending him to me.

I'm certainly not - I would like it to be a lot harder for people to get guns to do things like this.

Though I do think when someone calls 9-11 on themselves it's a stretch to say they were "trying to kill" anyone.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/10/22 3:31 pm    ::: Re: Man Arrested Trying to Kill Justice Kavanaugh At Home Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:

I was. ...

Then I am sure you can point to the post you made here about it?

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 06/11/22 8:12 am    ::: Re: Man Arrested Trying to Kill Justice Kavanaugh At Home Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

I was. ...

Then I am sure you can point to the post you made here about it?

Is this some kind of requirement for caring about something? Why should it be OK for ANY judge (or anyone else for that matter) to be stalked and killed? My post count doesn't reflect concern or lack thereof. So because I may or may not have commented (or was aware at the time) then that's the difference between wanting someone dead or not.

I guess that's one way to defend this guy's actions... Just make a strawman argument to make a point that no one was defending in order to justify it.

He made the journey across the country to kill a Supreme Court judge, and when he got there he realized that he wasn't going to get the opportunity to do so and phoned it in. That's what happened here. But of course, your immediate reaction is to deflect from the story. One could only assume that you were hoping he was successful. Well don't worry, I'm sure another idiot just like him is waiting in the wings.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 06/11/22 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Certainly not the first time this has happened. Souter was assaulted in Washington, and an armed intruder was captured outside a SC Justice's vacation home up here. Not to mention the other judges, governors, congressmen, and elected officials that have been threatened, attacked, or shot in recent years.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/11/22 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Certainly not the first time this has happened.

No, the first known assassination attempt against a Supreme Court justice came in 1889 when Stephen J Field's bodyguard killed a man who pulled a gun on the justice.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: