RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Congressional Hearings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 06/10/22 10:05 am    ::: The Congressional Hearings Reply Reply with quote

Anybody tune in last night? I can't remember any Congressional hearings that were this riveting. The spin it's generated is incredible, too.

With what has been already explained and proven - and the best is yet to come - I can't for the life of me comprehend why The Turd hasn't been indicted already on charges of treason and sedition.

PostPosted: 06/10/22 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My #1 takeaway from the hearings is that it really takes a lot of effort to make Mike Pence a sympathetic character

PostPosted: 06/10/22 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So many alarming things came from this. #45 was heavily involved in planning this and, despite calls from Congress, he refused to call it off.

The 5 Republicans that wanted pardons weeks after this happened.

#45 vs. Pence is like a bad divorce happening.

Fox News also knew of this and were involved, hence why they didn't cover it last night.

Waiting for the day when #45 is arrested on camera. It'll be a joyous day in American history!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Howee

PostPosted: 06/10/22 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
So many alarming things came from this. #45 was heavily involved in planning this and, despite calls from Congress, he refused to call it off.

The 5 Republicans that wanted pardons weeks after this happened.

#45 vs. Pence is like a bad divorce happening.

Fox News also knew of this and were involved, hence why they didn't cover it last night.

Waiting for the day when #45 is arrested on camera. It'll be a joyous day in American history!

Or a bloody one! Shocked "Lock Him Up" isn't gonna play well with the f**kwits that still believe in him. But, yeah.....THE MAJORITY of sane people will be overjoyed. Wink

PostPosted: 06/10/22 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Yes they did. On both Fox network TV and Fox News they were airing this just like every other channel was doing.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 06/10/22 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been saying the same thing for the past year and a half and I'll say it again: Democrats need TWO things for electoral success in 2022 and 2024 - A forever pandemic, and January 6th. They need 'em both for any hope of victory.

Unfortunately for them, the world has moved on from both. A failed administration still trying to "get Trump" (and still failing at that) are collectively whistling past the graveyard as they ignore what they're REALLY accomplishing with these hearings: Paving the road to the White House with gold bricks for Ron DeSantis.

Another thing they don't seem to understand is that the shoe will be on the other foot soon enough. Like in November when most of these people trying to end Trump's political career will just be ending their own. Then there's the matter of impeachment, the Democrats have already opened Pandora's Box...

pilight

PostPosted: 06/10/22 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
I've been saying the same thing for the past year and a half and I'll say it again: Democrats need TWO things for electoral success in 2022 and 2024 - A forever pandemic, and January 6th. They need 'em both for any hope of victory.

The only hope the Dems have for 2024 is that the Republicans nominate Trump again.

PostPosted: 06/10/22 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

The only hope the Dems have for 2024 is that the Republicans nominate Trump again.

Head to head Trump would win. If the Democrats get their way with the out come of these hearings, it's only going to help the next guy in line. Right now, that next guy is DeSantis.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/10/22 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:

Head to head Trump would win.

Less than 2 years ago, head to head, Trump was creamed.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/10/22 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

Head to head Trump would win. If the Democrats get their way with the out come of these hearings, it's only going to help the next guy in line. Right now, that next guy is DeSantis.

Trump is the one candidate that would motivate people to come out to vote against him. He's damaged goods.

PostPosted: 06/10/22 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have every confidence that there will be an indictment on The Orange Turd. And shame on the RepuQs that wanna whine about this being 'partisan'....it sure as hell IS, but they blew their chance when the senate refused the opportunity to hold a TRULY Bi-partisan 9/11 like-commission, staffed by an equal number of (retired) Dems and GOP folks.

That ANY significant % of the population has any respect left for Turd Man is completely amazing. This is almost up there with The Giant Sham that is Evangelical Christianity in America (90-100mil). IFF he should run, he'll never get 77 million votes again.

These Idjits, while inflammatory, are still the VAST minority of American people.

Quote:
"I'm going to war," Christopher Joseph Quaglin said on Facebook on November 5. "I'm bringing the big cock," he wrote, (as they're all doing, compensating for their obvious shortcomings Razz) evidently referring to a rifle. "I'm really ready to just the [sic] kamikaze." He was later arrested for storming the Capitol on January 6.

"It's time for fucking War if they steal this shit," said Ethan Nordean on social media the same day, a Proud Boys leader who would also be arrested for attacking the Capitol.

And then there was Steve Bannon, who on his podcast said he wanted to behead Dr. Anthony Fauci and FBI director Christopher Wray and "put the heads on pikes ... as a warning to federal bureaucrats."

Yep. There's democracy in action. Rolling Eyes

(emphasis gleefully added)

PostPosted: 06/11/22 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From what I’ve heard, Fox showed it without any video, just audio clips. Why? were they afraid for their manipulated viewers to see the video clips? I thought it was just another tourist day at the Capitol, or as 45 called it, a Lovefest. Or is it that their ‘talent’ is heavily implicated?

PostPosted: 06/11/22 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
From what I’ve heard, Fox showed it without any video, just audio clips. Why? were they afraid for their manipulated viewers to see the video clips? I thought it was just another tourist day at the Capitol, or as 45 called it, a Lovefest. Or is it that their ‘talent’ is heavily implicated?

You heard wrong. The covered it with the same video feed as the rest of the media. I didn't make it a point to watch this, but while flipping through channels that night I can assure you that they did, and may have just offered a different viewpoint at best.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 06/11/22 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

Head to head Trump would win.

Less than 2 years ago, head to head, Trump was creamed.

"Creamed" is quite the exaggeration, but based on the events that have transpired over the past two years, do you really think Biden would win a rematch?

It's a rhetorical question of course, because Trump won't be the nominee. Which makes this made-for-TV political witch hunt all the more senseless in the eyes of most people. They're focused on taking out what's behind them and they can't even see what's headed their way. Also I'm almost certain that Biden will be impeached by then.

Howee

PostPosted: 06/11/22 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
From what I’ve heard, Fox showed it without any video, just audio clips.

You ARE correct, scully....Fox didn't have the balls to show it, unedited and commercial-free. They showed select portions, with idiot commentary: even they realize that some of their patrons might 'get' the truth, should they not be shepherded in their "thinking" by the talking heads.

The "witch hunt" meme is so hackneyed by now; that's like saying the 9/11 commission was such a witch hunt: the dead are buried by now, what does it matter WHO's responsible?

This hearing is about revealing ALL the truth: not just the heinous insurrection, but also the facts behind the conspiracy. A conspiracy meant to overturn a democratic election, the most fundamental foundation to a representative democracy, and taking measures to create legislation that ensures it can't happen again. Should some indictments justifiably result, then so be it: Hang the Damned (Orange) Witch!

PostPosted: 06/16/22 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump vs. Pence is way more entertaining than I thought it would be.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Howee

PostPosted: 06/16/22 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

THAT was definitely Theme of The Day Laughing

I hadn't realize how prolonged an effort 45 was putting into this hare-brained scheme. Can't say I've ever liked Mike Pence, but he certainly showed some spine when it was needed.

PostPosted: 06/17/22 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I hadn't realize how prolonged an effort 45 was putting into this hare-brained scheme. Can't say I've ever liked Mike Pence, but he certainly showed some spine when it was needed.

What more will it take to put Trump in jail where he belongs?

And yes, Pence did the right thing for once. It would be interesting to hear what he has to say.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 06/17/22 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Evidence that he ordered the attack on the Capitol, for starters. Since they don't have that (because he didn't do it), he won't be going to jail.

Howee

PostPosted: 06/22/22 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Howee wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Ohh, I think Georgia has a pretty air-tight case against him. Cool

Ex-Ref wrote:
And yes, Pence did the right thing for once. It would be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Ummm....like 'what he had to say' a couple of days ago? That boy ain't right in the head. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/27/22 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The J6 Committee has called for a hearing tomorrow at 1pm eastern. No announcement of witness name (unlike all other times). This could be really explosive. Btw, AG Garland has been in Ukraine. Rumor is he was given the name of a Congressman who is also a RU agent. And now this quickly organized hearing.

Get the popcorn ready.

PostPosted: 06/28/22 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well done, Cassidy. Cool

Again, nothing shocking or even surprising: just more proof that The Orange Turd is a petulant asshole - grabbing his SS agent in "The Beast", throwing his lunch at the wall in his dining room upon hearing Barr's analysis, etc. HOW are there any human beings left that condone this man and his behavior?

PostPosted: 06/28/22 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sorry, this is in a pay article on USA Today. I subscribed on Sunday for $1/week for a year, cancel anytime. I don't know if they still have the same deal or not. The following quote is part of a long digest-type article covering Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony. Very interesting.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/06/28/jan-6-live-updates-cassidy-hutchinson/7747965001/

Quote:
Alyssa Farah Griffin defends Cassidy Hutchinson

A conservative commentator who previously worked as an assistant to President Donald Trump defended Cassidy Hutchinson, the former principal aide to chief of staff Mark Meadows who is testifying in front of the Jan. 6 committee.

“People of sound mind don’t reach to try to grab a steering wheel, from the backseat, to drive to the Capitol to overturn a democratic election,” Farah Griffin tweeted, referencing Hutchinson’s testimony about Trump’s behavior that day.

“Cassidy Hutchinson is 25 years old and has more courage than many elected members of Congress more than twice her age,” she also wrote.

Quote:
Hutchinson described White House strategy sessions where lawmakers discussed how to reject electors from specific states. She said how Meadows communicated with encrypted applications such as Signal. She said Meadows burned documents in his office fireplace after meeting with Rep. Scott Perry, R-Pa., according to reports in The New York Times and Politico.

And Hutchinson said Meadows described Trump as speaking approvingly of rioters chanting "Hang Mike Pence" while ransacking the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Trump denied using the phrase. Meadows has defied a committee subpoena to testify, and the House cited him for contempt.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 06/28/22 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 06/28/22 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, so can we now invalidate the entire Trump presidency and repeal EVERYTHING that he did?

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 06/29/22 8:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting, and funny, tweets.

There's this one:
Quote:
Amy McGrath-
Maybe we need to take away General Flynn's rank and pension from Uncle Sam. He took the 5th when asked whether he believed in a peaceful transfer of power. Maybe the US government (that he wanted to overthrow) should not still be paying him.

And this one:
Quote:
Dan Rather-
The biggest scandal in American political history. And that’s saying a lot. Jaw dropping. Sickening. Infuriating.

I do like what he has in his profile - "Not on anyone's pardon list."
Quote:
George Conway-
He. Physically. Attacked. A. Secret. Service. Agent.

And for the funny, but probably true:
Quote:
Benjamin Wittes-
Somewhere at Mar-a-Lago, there are broken dishes on the floor and ketchup on the walls.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1541821931967680512?cxt=HBwWgMC4nZq40-UqAAAA&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: