RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

League Pass Spoilers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/15/22 9:22 pm    ::: League Pass Spoilers Reply Reply with quote

The new format of League Pass is frustrating this year for me. I almost always watch on delay, and it seems like the only way to watch after the fact is to click on the thumbnails for each game. Unfortunately, in addition to telling you what game it is (which you need to see), they say a little more about the game, like "Relive the thrilling come from behind victory..."

Is there a way around this? You could hide the scores last year. Is there a way to turn off those extra captions, or perhaps another place on the website where you can access past games without seeing the spoilers?

undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/15/22 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no solution to offer but I very much agree with you. I also often watch on delay and I miss the hide scores feature.

PostPosted: 05/15/22 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There’s a League Pass thread here. Maybe there’s a solution there for you.
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=101012

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/15/22 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
There’s a League Pass thread here. Maybe there’s a solution there for you.
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=101012

Your response is, unsurprisingly, not helpful, and does not offer a solution.

PostPosted: 05/15/22 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, it is annoying. I'm not sure how it works on mobile, but I watch on PC and the caption doesn't appear until I hover over the thumbnail. So, I hover then click as I glance away to avoid reading it.

As for a solution, or how to avoid doing the above, someone could perhaps post the direct link to the video. The League Pass link that's in game threads now is only for the live broadcast, and is inactive after the game ends. So, someone would have to post or PM you the link to the archived game.

PostPosted: 05/16/22 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have the same issue with a dirt track racing streaming site that I subscribe to. I've complained but they either don't use their own product or they don't care. It's like they are trying to sell me on something. I've already paid for a subscription!

Mixolydian

PostPosted: 05/16/22 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, it's annoying. At first I thought "yay they're not showing the scores" but then realized the descriptions can be spoilers.

I've been doing the "look away while I hover/click" method like bryan.

It's especially galling considering many of us HAVE to watch the games late because we don't have ESPN/etc. so the live games are blacked out.

PicknLOL

PostPosted: 05/18/22 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So far I've been very good about not reading the descriptions (in fact, I'm just learning there are such, since I've been trying to avoid looking at the game length), but both the player and the game selector are annoyingly good at telling you if the game is going to overtime or not. Apart from telling you the length of the game (which can be deceptive), the useless red bar on the bottom appears every time you rewind or your mouse moves, so if I don't look up while I'rewinding you immediately know if there's more game left or not.

(Minor issue, but what kind of complete moron thinks there should be a Play/Pause pictogram in the middle of the action every time you rewind, and every time you move your butt in the couch and that moves the mouse? It so often covers the action I'm replaying.)

We should go back to the Flash version - discontinued, vulnerable, a good way to get malware, and horrible quality, but at least safe from such crap. Laughing

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/22/22 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PicknLOL wrote:
So far I've been very good about not reading the descriptions (in fact, I'm just learning there are such, since I've been trying to avoid looking at the game length), but both the player and the game selector are annoyingly good at telling you if the game is going to overtime or not. Apart from telling you the length of the game (which can be deceptive), the useless red bar on the bottom appears every time you rewind or your mouse moves, so if I don't look up while I'rewinding you immediately know if there's more game left or not.

Yes, that bothers me too; I try not to pay attention, but it's really hard. The other day I knew a game was going into overtime. It's a buzz kill when you know in advance if the most important shot of the game is going to go in or not.

League Pass is not the only sports streaming service to have this problem. Fubo has it as well, and I'm guessing others do as well.

They do a great job of editing out the commercials preparing the delayed broadcast, so couldn't they also just add a test pattern (or an appropriate still picture) at the end until a fixed amount of total time has gone by?

PicknLOL

PostPosted: 06/13/22 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By the way, I managed to hide the game duration, and the description spoilers using uBlock Origin, adding the following rules:

Code:

! 2022-06-13 https://leaguepass.wnba.com
leaguepass.wnba.com##.pull-left.left-group > .time > .time__duration
leaguepass.wnba.com##.ds-seek-bar
leaguepass.wnba.com##.card-meta--visible.card-meta > .card-meta__duration.badge
leaguepass.wnba.com##.card-content .badge
leaguepass.wnba.com##.card-content__description

The five rules are for:
1. Blocking the game duration inside the player (current time is still displayed)
2. Blocking the entire red bar displaying how much of the game you've seen
3. The game duration on the front page before you hover the game
4. The game duration on the front page after you hover the game
5. The description of the game (personally hasn't bothered me yet, but get rid of it for good measure)

NYSports56

PostPosted: 06/13/22 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PicknLOL wrote:
By the way, I managed to hide the game duration, and the description spoilers using uBlock Origin, adding the following rules:

Code:

! 2022-06-13 https://leaguepass.wnba.com
leaguepass.wnba.com##.pull-left.left-group > .time > .time__duration
leaguepass.wnba.com##.ds-seek-bar
leaguepass.wnba.com##.card-meta--visible.card-meta > .card-meta__duration.badge
leaguepass.wnba.com##.card-content .badge
leaguepass.wnba.com##.card-content__description

The five rules are for:
1. Blocking the game duration inside the player (current time is still displayed)
2. Blocking the entire red bar displaying how much of the game you've seen
3. The game duration on the front page before you hover the game
4. The game duration on the front page after you hover the game
5. The description of the game (personally hasn't bothered me yet, but get rid of it for good measure)

Thanks! I will look into uBlock Origin

PicknLOL

PostPosted: 08/18/22 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I gave up. I certainly won't be renewing my League Pass subscription for next year. The playoffs are unwatchable on that peace of dung.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 09/06/22 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PicknLOL wrote:
I gave up. I certainly won't be renewing my League Pass subscription for next year. The playoffs are unwatchable on that peace of dung.

I won't be renewing it either. I've just been recording the televised games on DVR. The video quality is better on my end, and I get to see the half time segments. The downside is that I'll miss the League Pass only games though.. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/06/22 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryan_february_ wrote:
PicknLOL wrote:

I won't be renewing it either. I've just been recording the televised games on DVR. The video quality is better on my end, and I get to see the half time segments. The downside is that I'll miss the League Pass only games though.. Rolling Eyes

I think it's auto-renewing until you cancel it. I canceled my subscription 2 years ago and they kept renewing it anyway.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 09/06/22 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think we are headed towards a format where LP is replaced with all the non broadcast games being moved to something like ESPN+. With the number of games broadcast through myriad channels, LP is irrelevant unless you like replay viewings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: