RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SCOTUS Ready to Overturn Roe??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 07/25/22 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Biden Justice Department has yet to take action against abortion extremists menacing pro-life clinics and members of the Supreme Court. Republican lawmakers are resolved to hold leadership accountable after the midterm elections—even if that means impeaching Attorney General Merrick Garland.

This is probably cuz they have their hands full with bringing justice to the MENACING EXTREMISTS (starting with elected officials & POTUS) who merely tried to destroy democracy on Jan. 6. Get in line, bitches....it's gonna be a long wait.

Quote:
The oversight planning is a response to conflict roiling the country following the High Court’s decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. Pro-abortion protesters tried running Justice Brett Kavanaugh out of a downtown Washington, D.C., steakhouse on Wednesday night, weeks after a gunman came to his home planning to assassinate him. It is a federal crime to demonstrate outside of a judge’s home with intent to influence deliberations. Regular pro-abortion demonstrations outside the homes of the conservative justices seem to fit that bill exactly. The Justice Department has taken no action against protesters as of this writing.

Ohhh, yeah....I forgot how much more important widdle biddle snowflake Brenty's dining experience is, compared to the losses of life on Jan 6. Never ceases to amaze me how Repugs think stories like their WahWah complaints of this nature are equivalent to - if not much worse than - Jan 6. It's an absurdly feeble attempt to pretend, "See! They're even worse than WE are!" Razz You'd THINK someone like Brent, if he had any spine, could be the first to speak up, and denounce the fuckers who were THERE, LITERALLY TRYING TO LYNCH PENCE, and kill others. Nope. He had his dinner ruined. Awww. Crying or Very sad

Considering the source, no big shockers in that contorted logic: Rolling Eyes

The Washington Free Beacon
Quote:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Washington Free Beacon is an American conservative political journalism website launched in 2012.[1][2]

The website is financially backed by Paul Singer, an American billionaire hedge fund manager and conservative activist.[3]

PostPosted: 07/25/22 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Quote:
The Biden Justice Department has yet to take action against abortion extremists menacing pro-life clinics and members of the Supreme Court. Republican lawmakers are resolved to hold leadership accountable after the midterm elections—even if that means impeaching Attorney General Merrick Garland.

This is probably cuz they have their hands full with bringing justice to the MENACING EXTREMISTS (starting with elected officials & POTUS) who merely tried to destroy democracy on Jan. 6. Get in line, bitches....it's gonna be a long wait.

Quote:
The oversight planning is a response to conflict roiling the country following the High Court’s decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. Pro-abortion protesters tried running Justice Brett Kavanaugh out of a downtown Washington, D.C., steakhouse on Wednesday night, weeks after a gunman came to his home planning to assassinate him. It is a federal crime to demonstrate outside of a judge’s home with intent to influence deliberations. Regular pro-abortion demonstrations outside the homes of the conservative justices seem to fit that bill exactly. The Justice Department has taken no action against protesters as of this writing.

Ohhh, yeah....I forgot how much more important widdle biddle snowflake Brenty's dining experience is, compared to the losses of life on Jan 6. Never ceases to amaze me how Repugs think stories like their WahWah complaints of this nature are equivalent to - if not much worse than - Jan 6. It's an absurdly feeble attempt to pretend, "See! They're even worse than WE are!" Razz You'd THINK someone like Brent, if he had any spine, could be the first to speak up, and denounce the fuckers who were THERE, LITERALLY TRYING TO LYNCH PENCE, and kill others. Nope. He had his dinner ruined. Awww. Crying or Very sad

Considering the source, no big shockers in that contorted logic: Rolling Eyes

The Washington Free Beacon
Quote:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Washington Free Beacon is an American conservative political journalism website launched in 2012.[1][2]

The website is financially backed by Paul Singer, an American billionaire hedge fund manager and conservative activist.[3]

Looks like no deliberations = no crime.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/25/22 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And now Indiana is likely to ban abortions.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/25/politics/indiana-legislature-abortion-ban/index.html

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/26/22 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
And now Indiana is likely to ban abortions.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/25/politics/indiana-legislature-abortion-ban/index.html

I'm surprised that they didn't have this ready to go the day after the SCOTUS ruling.

Here's an example of the dumbasses that live in IN:
Quote:
Meanwhile, Dr. Tyler Johnson, who is running for state Senate, said he supported the intent of the bill, but argued that it could be manipulated as written due to what he called "vague" wording.

"I ask that we remove or refine the exemption language, protect all unborn children, and place appropriate criminal penalties for willfully and unnecessarily taking the life of an unborn child," he said.

"We?" Dude you haven't been elected yet, so you're not removing anything!!!!!! (BTW, this guy looks more like a thumb than any woman that I recall ever seeing. Matt Gaetz got it wrong. Again.)

"Willfully and unnecessarily." Sure. Let's remove "vague" language and replace it with more vague language.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/26/22 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lawyers love vague language. It's the gift that they pass down to the next generation of their own industry.

PostPosted: 07/26/22 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
“I felt that passion today,” Jessica Doriot said.

And she brought it to the Statehouse, along with a sign.

“My sign said, ‘Senator Doriot, keep your laws off my uterus. Love, Your daughter,’” she explained.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/special-reports/indiana-abortion/special-session-sees-deep-divisions-among-hoosiers-even-within-one-lawmakers-family/531-9f7f9f7d-e211-42f3-90f5-d800845aae09

Quote:
“When we talked about it, he said, ‘One of my children is going to be happy,’” Jessica said. “I have a sister who’s for a total ban. I have a sister who’s for exceptions, and then you have me, who’s completely pro-choice."

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/26/22 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"My mission has always been to provide the best care to each patient who comes to me. This is based on my training as a physician and because I feel a moral and ethical obligation to provide compassionate care," she said.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/special-reports/indiana-abortion/indiana-doctor-in-abortion-case-dr-caitlin-bernard-writes-washington-post-op-ed/531-53148047-7539-4cca-b71f-fe6a2808a986

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 07/26/22 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

They're "going to bring justice" to elected officials and POTUS. It's funny you still think that. Unless of course you're talking about this committee come November, and Joe Biden next year. That I would agree with.

Want to know who the DOJ is REALLY looking into bringing charges against? With evidence of a crime? Hunter Biden. Possibly by next week.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/26/22 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:
“I felt that passion today,” Jessica Doriot said.

And she brought it to the Statehouse, along with a sign.

“My sign said, ‘Senator Doriot, keep your laws off my uterus. Love, Your daughter,’” she explained.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/special-reports/indiana-abortion/special-session-sees-deep-divisions-among-hoosiers-even-within-one-lawmakers-family/531-9f7f9f7d-e211-42f3-90f5-d800845aae09

Quote:
“When we talked about it, he said, ‘One of my children is going to be happy,’” Jessica said. “I have a sister who’s for a total ban. I have a sister who’s for exceptions, and then you have me, who’s completely pro-choice."

When one family can't agree on something, what makes any of them think they have the right to impose their beliefs on someone else?

Howee

PostPosted: 07/26/22 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Want to know who the DOJ is REALLY looking into bringing charges against? With evidence of a crime? Hunter Biden. Possibly by next week.

Please, hold your breath for that one. PLEASE. Laughing

Anddd.....while we're at it: How does ANYONE who hasn't been living under a rock for the past 5 years REALLY BELIEVE that an investigation into Hunter Biden is a deserving use of tax dollars, as if his sins are MORE EGREGIOUS than J6? Rolling Eyes

FrozenLVFan wrote:
When one family can't agree on something, what makes any of them think they have the right to impose their beliefs on someone else?

Easy. ONE of them is an 'elected official' which, these days = power over people, not servitude to the people.

PostPosted: 07/27/22 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did the leak of the early draft seal the fate of Roe?

Quote:
The unprecedented disclosure, many have speculated, might have made it harder for any justice to switch their vote if it appeared that they were caving to the backlash the draft opinion prompted from abortion rights supporters.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/07/26/chief-justice-john-roberts-supreme-court-abortion/10154716002/

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/27/22 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AG (Asshole Galore) Rokita is now investigating Dr. Bernard.

Quote:
A notice from Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita of his inquiry into Dr. Caitlin Bernard arrived Tuesday, attorney Kathleen DeLaney said.

“We are in the process of reviewing this information. It’s unclear to us what is the nature of the investigation and what authority he has to investigate Dr. Bernard,” DeLaney said.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/local-news/lawyer-ag-rokita-is-investigating-the-doctor-who-provided-abortion-for-10-year-old-ohio-rape-victim/

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/27/22 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
AG (Asshole Galore) Rokita is now investigating Dr. Bernard.

Quote:
A notice from Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita of his inquiry into Dr. Caitlin Bernard arrived Tuesday, attorney Kathleen DeLaney said.

“We are in the process of reviewing this information. It’s unclear to us what is the nature of the investigation and what authority he has to investigate Dr. Bernard,” DeLaney said.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/local-news/lawyer-ag-rokita-is-investigating-the-doctor-who-provided-abortion-for-10-year-old-ohio-rape-victim/

Her interview last night was very good. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/abortion-bans-caitlin-bernard-doctor/

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 07/28/22 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

Whenever a slim and perhaps temporary legislative majority passes any controversial law, that could be called "imposing their beliefs" on the minority. That's one of the benefits of the 60 vote cloture-filibuster rule in the U.S. Senate, an otherwise fairly useless body in this everything-is-tribally-politicized century.

Changing subjects, I don't understand why anyone is protesting about abortion at the Supreme Court or at Justice's homes anymore. The Supreme Court's involvement is over; they passed the buck completely back to the individual states. To be effective, protests and other abortion-related political pressures have to be put on state houses and state legislators. That's where the battles now are.
Howee

PostPosted: 07/28/22 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Changing subjects, I don't understand why anyone is protesting about abortion at the Supreme Court or at Justice's homes anymore. The Supreme Court's involvement is over; they passed the buck completely back to the individual states.

Well now, maybe it's cuz that's where The Buck STARTED....?

If you're someone who this DOES directly affect in Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio, Mississippi, etc., etc., I'd be really torqued too, knowing that a FIFTY YEAR OLD DECISION was overturned by activist judges who said they believed in the validity of stare decisis, but....inconsiderately decided to allow YOUR state to change YOUR rights to some basic health care (and yes, a 9-year old's abortion = basic health care, imo).

Yeah, the fight must continue at the state level, but....your premise is a bit like being surprised that people are mad at Trump for J6, not the protestors, cuz THEY'RE the ones that did damage - TRUMP ONLY ASKED THEM TO DO IT.

POTUS OR SCOTUS: In these roles of leadership, if YOU make these decisions, the blood remains on YOUR HANDS.

PostPosted: 07/28/22 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
University of Michigan med students walk out or White Coat Ceremony when pro-abortion speaker takes the stage. If you watch the video, you might want to take some dramamine first. The person that took it couldn't decide if they should film left or right and it goes back and forth quickly.

Quote:
A video showing the white coat-wearing students quietly getting off their seats, turning their backs on Dr Kristin Collier and leaving the room has gone viral on social media after it was shared by a Twitter user.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/michigan-medical-students-walk-out-of-speech-by-anti-abortion-speaker/ar-AAZWo2S?srcref=rss&ocid=iehrs

that's anti-abortion speaker, not pro-abortion speaker

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/29/22 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threadkiller1201 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
University of Michigan med students walk out or White Coat Ceremony when anti-abortion speaker takes the stage. If you watch the video, you might want to take some dramamine first. The person that took it couldn't decide if they should film left or right and it goes back and forth quickly.

Quote:
A video showing the white coat-wearing students quietly getting off their seats, turning their backs on Dr Kristin Collier and leaving the room has gone viral on social media after it was shared by a Twitter user.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/michigan-medical-students-walk-out-of-speech-by-anti-abortion-speaker/ar-AAZWo2S?srcref=rss&ocid=iehrs

that's anti-abortion speaker, not pro-abortion speaker

You are so right. Thank you!!!!

That's what I get for posting early in the morning.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/29/22 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
DNA testing confirms the man accused of raping a 10-year-old Ohio girl, who traveled to Indiana for an abortion, was the father of the aborted fetus.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/indiana-news/testing-confirms-rape-suspect-was-father-of-ohio-girls-aborted-fetus/

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/06/22 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, if I disappear from the boards...I just sent our idiot gov. an email about how wrong it was for him to sign that stupid anti-abortion bill.

I know that it won't have any more effect than if I had sent it last week. I just had to tell him how wrong he was and let him know that my VERY GOP grandparents would be disappointed in him.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/06/22 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Well, if I disappear from the boards...I just sent our idiot gov. an email about how wrong it was for him to sign that stupid anti-abortion bill.

I know that it won't have any more effect than if I had sent it last week. I just had to tell him how wrong he was and let him know that my VERY GOP grandparents would be disappointed in him.

If we don't hear from you for > 2 weeks then I'll change your username to Ex Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/06/22 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

If we don't hear from you for > 2 weeks then I'll change your username to Ex Ex-Ref

Sounds good!!!!

Laughing Laughing

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/06/22 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Unfortunately, he has a lot of company. More than half of the states may enact excessively restrictive abortion laws by the time the dust settles.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/06/politics/state-abortion-laws-legal-challenges/index.html

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/07/22 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Unfortunately, he has a lot of company. More than half of the states may enact excessively restrictive abortion laws by the time the dust settles.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/06/politics/state-abortion-laws-legal-challenges/index.html

I told him that I so much hope for him based on how he handled the pandemic. He listened to, and deferred to, the medical and science experts that knew more about it than he did. I asked what changed. Wink Shocked

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/07/22 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The bill banning most abortions in IN includes a $200 return of tax money (we have the highest fucking gas tax in the nation, I think). There is such a surplus that they are giving some of it back.

Think I'll use mine to make donations to Planned Parenthood in the names of people like Gov. Holcomb, Beer Boy, ACB, Todd Rokita, Jim Banks, the state reps for my area and others who have been vocal in favor of this.

I'll send them a thank you card telling them that I used the money that the bill gave to me, that THEY gave to me, to make a donation to PP in their name in honor of Dr. Caitlin Bernard.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/09/22 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whole Women's Health Clinic in South Bend is closing due to law.

Quote:
In addition to abortions, Whole Woman’s Health offers counseling, emergency contraceptives, and ultrasounds.

Because they offer more than abortion procedures, the new Indiana law allows the clinic to stay open, but they simply can’t.

https://www.wane.com/news/indiana/womens-health-clinic-in-south-bend-shutting-down-in-wake-of-abortion-ban/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: