RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Would You Do This For Your Phone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/22/22 1:54 pm    ::: Would You Do This For Your Phone? Reply Reply with quote

I can't imagine that I would ever use that phone again. I guess if I didn't want the info accessed. But who would know that it was there. But wow!

https://www.wane.com/news/woman-falls-headfirst-into-outdoor-toilet-while-trying-to-retrieve-phone/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/22/22 2:13 pm    ::: Re: Would You Do This For Your Phone? Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I can't imagine that I would ever use that phone again. I guess if I didn't want the info accessed. But who would know that it was there. But wow!

https://www.wane.com/news/woman-falls-headfirst-into-outdoor-toilet-while-trying-to-retrieve-phone/

Ugh. I guess someone could find it when the tank is pumped out or the waste dumped at the sewage treatment facility. She could have arranged to have the phone's data, err, wiped, remotely. She's lucky she could grab the phone and call 911.

And no, I wouldn't do that for a phone. Wait until someone else comes along, have them call the Park Service, and ask them to bring something to fish it out. And a big box of rubber gloves. Drop the phone in a plastic bag, then transfer your data to a new phone, and delete your data off the old one.

The good news is that Apple's warranty won't cover a phone dropped in a regular toilet because that's considered water damage, but since this was a waterless toilet, she should be all set. Very Happy

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/22/22 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I worked for a place that gave out those merchant tags that you attach to your key ring. A guy came in, asked for a tissue, then proceeded to plop a set of keys on the counter. He said that he had just pulled them out of a septic tank.

I could tell that the tag was an old one by the number one it, but I tried searching for the owner anyway. Thankfully, nothing came up and he left with them. Probably has a display case or something of things that he has found. As someone who had a habit of sometimes holding my keys with my mouth, I still can't imagine ever using those keys again.

Time to clean the counter - with every solution I could find!!!!!!!! Regular cleaner, window cleaner, hand sanitizer, peroxide.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: