RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Late Training Camp Arrivals 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/29/22 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
I guess this is the last time we can get a Gabby Williams Rule suspension.

Given it's just fines for being late to camp next year, you could still get a 'holdout' who's suspended after being 14 days late (and not notifying the team they were going to be 21 days late). Once we hit 2024 it become less likely because being late to camp gets you suspended anyway. Holdout rule could still be applied to 0-2 year of service players, though.

Last edited by Richyyy on 04/29/22 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
IM in OC

PostPosted: 04/29/22 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
The results from Spain were the expected ones so Lauren Cox is done. The next round ends on the 5th.

https://twitter.com/LASparksPR/status/1520074031336071168

I guess The Sparks made their decision before Cox arrived.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/29/22 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kuier on her way to Dallas for an arrival today.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Milks26

PostPosted: 04/29/22 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
The results from Spain were the expected ones so Lauren Cox is done. The next round ends on the 5th.

https://twitter.com/LASparksPR/status/1520074031336071168

I guess The Sparks made their decision before Cox arrived.

Yet, folks wanted to crucify Indy when they cut her.

PostPosted: 04/29/22 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When you’re an out of the rotation bench player, showing up very late to camp isn’t the wisest way to keep your job in the WNBA.

awhom111

PostPosted: 04/29/22 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orman does win their quarterfinal so McCowan and Robinson are still busy.
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/30/22 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What team is Elizabeth Williams playing for overseas that has her coming late to the Mystics ?

Shades

PostPosted: 04/30/22 5:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/30/22 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

apparently that hitch in her FT shooting is getting worse instead of better.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/30/22 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
apparently that hitch in her FT shooting is getting worse instead of better.

You could accentuate the positive, Myrtle. It looks like she has the best ATO on the team, which is amazing for a center. Technically Kia Stokes might be better but we’re talking about less than one apg in her case.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/30/22 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I actually like EWill, for sure more than the Atlanta fans who were happy to see her exit. But the hack-a-shaq aspect is a real problem and one I can't understand why it hasn't been addressed. Maybe Thibault will figure it out, and that would be a major 'thing' for her. While A/TO is nice, it's not what I would be focusing on with a big. I do think the Washington system will be more conducive to her skill set than Atlanta.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/30/22 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I actually like EWill, for sure more than the Atlanta fans who were happy to see her exit. But the hack-a-shaq aspect is a real problem and one I can't understand why it hasn't been addressed. Maybe Thibault will figure it out, and that would be a major 'thing' for her. While A/TO is nice, it's not what I would be focusing on with a big. I do think the Washington system will be more conducive to her skill set than Atlanta.

A big problem for EWill has been that she usually plays a lot minutes for her overseas teams, has to come to camp late, and is burned out for the several weeks at the start of the season. Maybe this year will be different, it shows 34.8 mpg in Euroleague games. She is a player that seems much better suited to playing in Europe where she is apparently one of the better centers and not undersized as she is in the WNBA.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/30/22 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I do think the Washington system will be more conducive to her skill set than Atlanta.

As long as they don't need her to rebound, match up defensively with other centers, or score consistently she'll fit just fine.

PostPosted: 04/30/22 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:
I do think the Washington system will be more conducive to her skill set than Atlanta.

As long as they don't need her to rebound, match up defensively with other centers, or score consistently she'll fit just fine.

ouch.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/30/22 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Tell me you did NOT go after EWill's post defense! So glad EWill is getting the hell out of Atlanta! EWill is 6'3 and deserves to be put into position where she has a chance to succeed. Expecting her to go up against players 5-6 inches taller than she is game after game is a recipe for disaster. Putting her on a team with a bunch of immature, sassy, fighting players will not bring out the best of EWill. And having a fanbase who does not recognize what she DOES do well - she deserves better than that. I hope they really do clean things up for the Dream's sake, but too late for Elizabeth.

I've been bagging on her free throws since her days at Duke. When her brother missed crucial free throws in the FF, I immediately said to my friend "just like his sister."

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 04/30/22 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Expecting her to go up against players 5-6 inches taller than she is game after game is a recipe for disaster.

That's part of the job of a center at this level. EWill doesn't have anything like the mobility needed to play the four.

PostPosted: 04/30/22 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The sweep is still in play in Italy.

The quarterfinals in France end either the 10th or 13th, although none of the WNBA-possible players are expected to lose in the first round.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/30/22 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
The quarterfinals in France end either the 10th or 13th, although none of the WNBA-possible players are expected to lose in the first round.

Do you think they'd even bother to move up the dates of the next round(s) if the previous round all ended in sweeps? This page - https://basketlfb-com.translate.goog/page/16-playoffs-playdowns?_x_tr_sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp - seems to suggest established dates for all three rounds.

PostPosted: 05/01/22 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fenerbahce nearly managed to lose in trying to appease this thread by resting Elizabeth Williams, but did win.

Avenida has a 7 point lead going into leg 2. Valencia is bringing an even bigger margin with them at 12.

Richyyy wrote:
awhom111 wrote:

Do you think they'd even bother to move up the dates of the next round(s) if the previous round all ended in sweeps? This page - https://basketlfb-com.translate.goog/page/16-playoffs-playdowns?_x_tr_sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp - seems to suggest established dates for all three rounds.

I think that the dates are set.
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/01/22 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that I have the players that are still with Cukurova figured out, so here is the simulated list for WNBA Prioritization 2024 rules.

The following players are registered to or under contract with a team right now, but have not played:
Erika De Souza
Erin Phillips

Under 2024 rules, the following players would be suspended for the season:
Rebecca Allen
DeWanna Bonner
Kennedy Burke
Alaina Coates
Kahleah Copper
Diamond DeShields
Bria Hartley
Tiffany Hayes
Kayla McBride
Teaira McCowan
Danielle Robinson
Katie Lou Samuelson
Kiah Stokes
Brianna Turner
Elizabeth Williams
Amanda Zahui B

Under 2024 rules, the following players would be ineligible to sign in the WNBA for the whole season:
Kayla Alexander
Cierra Burdick
Temi Fagbenle
Kim Gaucher
Cayla George
Kelsey Griffin
Sandrine Gruda
Marie Gulich
Quanitra Hollingsworth
Sequoia Holmes
Lauren Jackson
Lynetta Kizer
Kristen Mann
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis
Haley Peters
Karlie Samuelson
Shavonte Zellous
PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/01/22 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:

Under 2024 rules, the following players would be suspended for the season:
Rebecca Allen
DeWanna Bonner
Kennedy Burke
Alaina Coates
Kahleah Copper
Diamond DeShields
Bria Hartley
Tiffany Hayes
Kayla McBride
Teaira McCowan
Danielle Robinson
Katie Lou Samuelson
Kiah Stokes
Brianna Turner
Elizabeth Williams
Amanda Zahui B

Well, that would be a real problem for the league.

awhom111

PostPosted: 05/03/22 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bologna completed a comeback to avoid being swept. Italy will through at least Thursday.

Fenerbahce returned to the four foreign players that have worked the best for them and won decisively so the sweep is still in play.
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/05/22 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Italy is done. DeShields also played for the first time in a few games.

Valencia held on so Rebecca Allen stays along with Copper and Samuelson from Avenida in a series that either ends the 12th or the 15th. Rebekah Gardner is finished while Kennedy Burke is done, but has nowhere to go.
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/06/22 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fenerbahce sweeps so Alaina Coates is done.

Under 2023 rules, the following players would be suspended for the season (including Zahui B since her actual suspension was not by choice):
Rebecca Allen
DeWanna Bonner
Kennedy Burke
Alaina Coates
Kahleah Copper
Bria Hartley
Tiffany Hayes
Kayla McBride
Teaira McCowan
Danielle Robinson
Katie Lou Samuelson
Kiah Stokes
Elizabeth Williams
Amanda Zahui B

Under 2023 rules, the following players would be ineligible to sign in the WNBA for the whole season:
Kayla Alexander
Cierra Burdick
Temi Fagbenle
Kim Gaucher
Cayla George
Kelsey Griffin
Marie Gulich
Quanitra Hollingsworth
Sequoia Holmes
Lauren Jackson
Lynetta Kizer
Kristen Mann
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis
Haley Peters
Karlie Samuelson
Shavonte Zellous

There are some players that would have had to use impressive travel to avoid suspension if these situations actually were in play in the future. Erika De Souza and Erin Phillips have not played yet.
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/07/22 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orman was swept so Teaira McCowan and Danielle Robinson are done. Since both series are done, the finals will start on Tuesday. The earliest they can finish is next Sunday and based on usual scheduling that would put the last two games if needed on the Tuesday and Friday after that.

All the favorites won the first games in France. Destiny Slocum's contract with Landerneau apparently expired at the end of the regular season (she was a midseason signing). I am not sure how many days she could have actually gotten in training camp, but it does paint her waiving in a different light. Landerneau is stuck in quite a battle to avoid relegation so they probably would not have minded keeping her around either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: