RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2023 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 04/11/22 6:20 pm    ::: 2023 WNBA Mock Draft Reply Reply with quote

My personal Top 3

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l_97t8pIxXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1BYiAn5JsNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/96Zv1AODPDg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
(Due to season-ending injury, replaced Ayoka Lee with Elizabeth Kitley as third best overall prospect)

Notable draft eligible underclassmen
Paige Bueckers (UConn)
Cameron Brink (Stanford)
Hailey Van Lith (Louisville)

Appear to be declaring
Appear to be returning to college

Trades involving 2023 draft picks
x(1) 1/31/22 - PHX received ATL third rd pick in Kia Vaughn trade.
x(2) 2/03/22 - IND received CHI first rd pick in Julie Allemand trade.
x(3) 2/03/22 - IND received PHX second rd pick in Bria Hartley trade.
x(4) 2/03/22 - CHI received PHX first rd pick in Diamond DeShields trade.
x(5) 2/05/22 - ATL received LAS first rd pick in Chennedy Carter trade.
x(6) 3/08/22 - IND received DAL first rd pick in Teaira McCowan & 2022 #7 pick trade.
x(7) 3/08/22 - DAL received IND first round pick via (2) in 2022 #4 & #6 picks trade.
x(8) 4/06/22 - WAS received option to swap first rd pick with ATL first rd pick originally owned by LAS (5) in trade for WAS 2022 #1 pick.
x(9) 4/10/22 - MIN received LVA first rd pick in trade for MIN 2022 first rd pick.
x(10) 4/10/22 - MIN received LVA second rd pick in trade for MIN 2022 second rd pick.
x(11) 4/11/22 - SEA received NYL second rd pick in trade for Lorela Cubaj.
x(12) 1/15/23 - CON received NYL first round pick trade for Jonquel Jones.
X (13) 1/16/23 - LAS received CON first round pick in trade for Olivia Nelson-Odata, Jasmine Walker, and Kianna Smith

Lottery odds for first 4 picks
Code:
Team     1st    2nd    3rd    4th
——       -----  -----  -----  -----
IND      44.20  31.55  24.25   0.00
ATL      27.60  31.05  31.80   9.55
LAS      17.80  22.95  43.95  15.30
MIN      10.40  14.45   0.00  75.15

2023 Draft Order
1. IND
2. MIN
3. ATL
4. LAS > ATL (5) > WAS (8)
——————————————
5. PHX > CHI (4)
6. NYL > CON (12)
7. DAL > CHI (6)
8. WAS > ATL (8)
9. SEA
10. CON > LAS (13)
11. CHI > IND (2) > DAL (7)
12. LVA > MIN (9)

13. IND
14. LAS
15. ATL
16. MIN
17. PHX > IND (3)
18. NYL > SEA (11)
19. DAL
20. WAS
21. SEA
22. CON
23. CHI
24. LVA > MIN (10)

25. IND
26. LAS
27. ATL > PHX (1)
28. MIN
29. PHX
30. NYL
31. DAL
32. WAS
33. SEA
34. CON
35. CHI
36. LVA

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 01/20/23 7:19 am; edited 8 times in total
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/11/22 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TBD Razz

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/11/22 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Add the Liberty sending their second round pick to Seattle for Lorela Cubaj.

(now with spelling variations)
bballnut901

PostPosted: 04/12/22 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond Miller, Rickea Jackson, Jordan Horston and Ashley Owusu will all be eligible too. All have massive upsides as pros IMO based on their size and athleticism. Depending on who declares and who develops this could be one of the best drafts in a long time.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/12/22 2:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballnut901 wrote:
Diamond Miller, Rickea Jackson, Jordan Horston and Ashley Owusu will all be eligible too. All have massive upsides as pros IMO based on their size and athleticism. Depending on who declares and who develops this could be one of the best drafts in a long time.

Those are all seniors who will be a part of the regular discussion. Yes, they have to declare because of the ruddy covid bonus year, but that’s not worth worrying about in everyday prospect analysis. The best players aren’t going to take an extra year (as it pretty much played out this year, except for maybe Ashley Joens).

The players I listed above are age-eligible juniors, who are unlikely to declare for the draft anyway, especially now considering NIL money they can earn, but they can if they want to. Four-year redshirt juniors would also qualify for the list, even though they still have a year (or two in Sabally’s case) of non-covid eligibility left.

bballnut901

PostPosted: 04/12/22 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
bballnut901 wrote:

Those are all seniors who will be a part of the regular discussion. Yes, they have to declare because of the ruddy covid bonus year, but that’s not worth worrying about in everyday prospect analysis. The best players aren’t going to take an extra year (as it pretty much played out this year, except for maybe Ashley Joens).

The players I listed above are age-eligible juniors, who are unlikely to declare for the draft anyway, especially now considering NIL money they can earn, but they can if they want to. Four-year redshirt juniors would also qualify for the list, even though they still have a year (or two in Sabally’s case) of non-covid eligibility left.

Yep-was just pointing out others who I think have potential to be top prospects.
Owusu/Jackson are starting at new programs next year so I think there's potential they stick around 5 years if they like their new team, but realistically majority of the top seniors will go pro instead of sticking around a 5th year.

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/12/22 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2023 draft will be insane. Best to come out in years. Cool

PostPosted: 04/12/22 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:

Reeve probably has her eye on Owusu (kinda Whalen-like) with that Aces pick, but I want to set the sight higher.

C’mon Aces, collapse.

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/12/22 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

Reeve probably has her eye on Owusu (kinda Whalen-like) with that Aces pick, but I want to set the sight higher.

C’mon Aces, collapse.

and Chelsa Gray like - big body PG.

But like always some people are going to play their way into a higher spot and out of one

PostPosted: 04/12/22 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This draft could be very interesting if we get a few early declarations mainly Bueckers....

PostPosted: 04/12/22 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
This draft could be very interesting if we get a few early declarations mainly Bueckers....

Or Lauren Betts. Since she wasn't born in the US and will be 20 next year she could skip out on Stanford, claim foreign residence, and enter the draft.

PostPosted: 04/12/22 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Or Lauren Betts. Since she wasn't born in the US and will be 20 next year she could skip out on Stanford, claim foreign residence, and enter the draft.

This seems unlikely. But if she wants to start playing for Team GB to add legitimacy to this plan, I think we can find some room.

PostPosted: 04/12/22 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

C’mon Aces, collapse.

Oh god please NO!!

LibFan25

PostPosted: 04/12/22 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'ma be watching every Diamond Miller game next season, this is her big opportunity to make it her team and dominate.

awhom111

PostPosted: 04/12/22 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Without her, the international draft class is shaping up to be very weak. I hope that Txell Alarcon is drafted for announcer hilarity though.
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/13/22 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Considering Bueckers is supposedly making bank with her NIL deals, I personally don’t see her entering the Draft early – though it obviously depends on how ready she feels to turn pro after next year. I do recall her saying it was a bit unfair she couldn’t turn pro after her freshman year like the men going to the NBA could, for whatever that may be worth now. Though that was largely before NILs took effect. If she really likes the NIL money and doesn’t mind staying at UConn/at college, she technically could take her extra covid year and not become Draft-eligible until 2025. Maybe she just keeps trying for that elusive post-“Dynasty fulfills its destiny” 2016 title for UConn…

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/13/22 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Considering Bueckers is supposedly making bank with her NIL deals, I personally don’t see her entering the Draft early

What does entering the draft have to do with NIL deals? NIL deals, as well as financial deals for all sorts of other sponsorships, commercials and corporate affiliations having nothing to do with NIL, have always been available for pro athletes.
pilight

PostPosted: 04/13/22 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Considering Bueckers is supposedly making bank with her NIL deals, I personally don’t see her entering the Draft early

What does entering the draft have to do with NIL deals? NIL deals, as well as financial deals for all sorts of other sponsorships, commercials and corporate affiliations having nothing to do with NIL, have always been available for pro athletes.

She has more visibility as a UConn Huskie than she'll likely ever have as a Dallas Wing, which will tend to raise the value of those deals

PostPosted: 04/13/22 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

She has more visibility as a UConn Huskie than she'll likely ever have as a Dallas Wing, which will tend to raise the value of those deals

+1. Pilight said it best. Wcbb players used to turn pro in order to start making money (well, legally and consistently, anyway). Nowadays, a few of the top players in the country like Bueckers might actually make more money by staying in school and not turning pro.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/13/22 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Umm i dont want her as a Dallas wing so not sure where that came from.....

PostPosted: 04/13/22 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I think that was just an example team, but perhaps a bit on the shady side since one might argue that Dallas is one of the lesser-known WNBA teams out there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/13/22 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I was going to ignore it but I'll join you. Of all 12 teams out there the Wings was the one picked on. So.....I guess she figures we'll be in the lottery next yr. Boston!!!

PostPosted: 04/13/22 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I was going to ignore it but I'll join you. Of all 12 teams out there the Wings was the one picked on. So.....I guess she figures we'll be in the lottery next yr. Boston!!!

Not a she

The Wings are fun to pick on because their fans take it so well. Like the Mystics were before EDD came to town.

PostPosted: 04/13/22 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Not a she

The Wings are fun to pick on because their fans take it so well. Like the Mystics were before EDD came to town.

Laughing Laughing Laughing It’s the classic pilight deadpan delivery of this clarification for me. Laughing This whole comment though Razz

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/13/22 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Not a she

Shocked I thought you were a female. Ok...now I know

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: